ADVERTISEMENT

Blow U is a disgrace to college athletics

I think we are finally close to seeing that again.

Finally close?? The games HAVE been close...more times than not. Aside from a couple blow outs by OU in the early 2000's and one by UT with VY, most have been very competitive. Both Mack and Charlie have won as underdogs, as has Bob. The competitiveness of the OU/TX game is not the issue as I see it. Rather it's what OU has done after the game through the rest of their season and what UT has done. If both programs are doing things RIGHT...that one game should not be the end all be all for either team. OU lost the game and still made the CFP's. Texas won and went on to complete a disappointing year. That is the issue. Both teams need to be strong, IMO. Texas should aspire to be more than just a spoiler.

Reactions: BillyRay
I'm talking about the games being good every year, not blowing out Mack. Texas pissed away the first game Charlie coached and slapped OU in the face in the second game, I expect to see a lot more of that slap in the face, kick to the nuts outcome from this team when they face OU. Stoops was dominated in the last two games by a Charlie Strong coached team regardless of what the teams did before or after that game. This is the game that typically makes or breaks one of their seasons, The other shit will fall in line.

Last edited:
I'm talking about the games being good every year, not blowing out Mack. Texas pissed away the first game Charlie coached and slapped OU in the face in the second game, I expect to see a lot more of that slap in the face, kick to the nuts outcome from this team when they face OU. Stoops was dominated in the last two games by a Charlie Strong coached team regardless of what the teams did before or after that game. This is the game that typically makes or breaks one of their seasons, The other shit will fall in line.

You are not saying that you expect Charlie to consistently out-coach Bob.....are you??! This game has not been make or break for OU. Win or lose...they've consistently won through the remainder of the seasons, won the conference and made good bowl games.

Jesus, it's not that difficult... The game typically makes or brakes a title run. Yes you got in this past year, it may not matter anymore. It's a nothing game, nothing to see here. Big game Bob has got to win another at some point, aye? Or maybe he's the next Joe Pa.

You are not saying that you expect Charlie to consistently out-coach Bob.....are you??! This game has not been make or break for OU. Win or lose...they've consistently won through the remainder of the seasons, won the conference and made good bowl games.

Another thing they have done.....is consistently lose said bowl games.

Big game Bob actually has a LOSING bowl record at 8-9. And a sterling losing record in BCS/playoff bowl games in 4-6.

He is 0-2 in bowl games since Charlie came to town. And 1-1 vs Charlie. Nothing consistent about the winning lately. Which is what you are talking about. I mean he followed up a dismal 8-5 season with the 11-2 season last year....losing to Texas and getting pasted in the bowl appearance you are bragging about. Color me super impressed.

Reactions: swVAHorn
No, I'm fine with the outcome of the game. I came here to check in on UT spring results, etc and saw this flame bait of a thread and gave my opinion and viewpoint. I mean, UT calling OU an "embarrassment" is very rich....considering how they have accomplished jack f'ing sh!t in either bball or football in the last several years. UT is supposed to be a national heavy weight and has been a running joke for quite some time now. I come on and here some clown is worried about OU getting blown out in a F4. It's like dude "A" ragging on dude "B's" prom date...meanwhile...dude "A" is sitting at home with his Johnson in his hand, because he couldn't get a date with anyone.
Then stick to UT spring results, hoss. Getting bent out of shape because UT fans are making fun of your worst of all time F4 loss to go along with your worst of all time BCS loss on a UT site is full blown retarded (but expected from an okie). And no you're not fine with your prison raping, you just don't want to hear about it. If you were fine with it, you wouldn't care what was said, Einstein. ou is an embarrassment on the national stage. Fact. You don't want to be made fun of? Quit sucking out loud every time you get a shot. It's not supernatural.

Oh and btw, we've won multiple national titles in the major sports of football and baseball since your last one in 2000 so go get your shine box you choking chump. Football 2005 and baseball 2002 and 2005 since you won something big.

Reactions: jsto60

Big game Bob actually has a LOSING bowl record at 8-9. And a sterling losing record in BCS/playoff bowl games in 4-6.

He is 0-2 in bowl games since Charlie came to town. And 1-1 vs Charlie. Nothing consistent about the winning lately. Which is what you are talking about. I mean he followed up a dismal 8-5 season with the 11-2 season last year....losing to Texas and getting pasted in the bowl appearance you are bragging about. Color me super impressed.

Bob needs to win more bowl games, I agree. That said, it could be worse....right? When 8-5 is "dismal" it means you've got some pretty high expectations/standards. A lot of people around Austin would be pretty happy to see 8-5. I know 11-14 Charlie sure as hell would.

Then stick to UT spring results, hoss. Getting bent out of shape because UT fans are making fun of your worst of all time F4 loss to go along with your worst of all time BCS loss on a UT site is full blown retarded (but expected from an okie). And no you're not fine with your prison raping, you just don't want to hear about it. If you were fine with it, you wouldn't care what was said, Einstein. ou is an embarrassment on the national stage. Fact. You don't want to be made fun of? Quit sucking out loud every time you get a shot. It's not supernatural.

Oh and btw, we've won multiple national titles in the major sports of football and baseball since your last one in 2000 so go get your shine box you choking chump. Football 2005 and baseball 2002 and 2005 since you won something big.

Those baseball wins must be nice salve for that 11-14 Charlie ball rash, eh?

There is no embarrassment bigger than the almighty UT not making a bowl game, period. How is that even ****ing possible? You have to TRY to not make a bowl game...to not make a bowl game.

Continuing QB troubles and OC changes. Try watching a game or learn to read before commenting again. And holding the record for worst BCS and Final4 losses is the embarrassment. We'll be back. And you'll still hold the all time worst records.

And yet as you try to diminish his accomplishments, he's still a hall of fame coach. he's also the only guy to win all of the bcs bowls and a national championship. OU's doing great under him. I remember the good ole days before Stoops came to town, 8-5 was a pipe dream for OU fans. Kind of like how it is for texas fans now. As far as consistent goes, I think that his 9 big 12 championship rings tell a nice story about consistency. I mean yeah he's 4-6 but not many coaches even got their team to 10 bcs or playoff games.

There is no embarrassment bigger than the almighty UT not making a bowl game, period. How is that even ****ing possible? You have to TRY to not make a bowl game...to not make a bowl game.

Good grief.

The constant deflection here. And you guys are bouncing all over the place.

This thread was about OU getting blasted in a basketball game the day after it happened. Having a historic loss on the national stage yet again.

But we see you spinning. I wouldn't want to talk about that either. Quick change the subject to UT football last year.

Reactions: Scholz and swVAHorn
And yet as you try to diminish his accomplishments, he's still a hall of fame coach. he's also the only guy to win all of the bcs bowls and a national championship. OU's doing great under him. I remember the good ole days before Stoops came to town, 8-5 was a pipe dream for OU fans. Kind of like how it is for texas fans now. As far as consistent goes, I think that his 9 big 12 championship rings tell a nice story about consistency. I mean yeah he's 4-6 but not many coaches even got their team to 10 bcs or playoff games.
Yes, he's good at winning conference titles, he struggles in the big games that he has more than a month to prepare for. Damn good coach, regardless.

Yes, he's good at winning conference titles, he struggles in the big games that he has more than a month to prepare for. Damn good coach, regardless.

People like to blame the coaches but when they plan prepare and practice hard and do everything they can to convince the kids how important the game is, at the end of the day they are the ones who step on the field and play the game. His coaching puts them in a position to play in great games but they have to go and do it. Riley didnt forget how to coach offense, Stoops didnt forget how to coach defense- clemson was just better. I'll be the first to admit he's made mistakes in the past (like re-punting) but I find it silly to say he's done a great job getting his 11-1 team to the playoff but OU loses the bowl game and it's suggested that he's the one who struggled.He, his staff, and the players all kept talking about how they reminded the players over and over how important the game is and to take it seriously, its a business trip etc. I think they just ran into a better team in a different conference and that tends to happen sometimes. OU went undefeated in 2003 until they played in the post season. undefeated in 2004 until the national championship game and they got their asses handed to them by a better team. You think Stoops himself struggled and caused them to lose those games? It's not always about the Xs and Os, you gotta have the Jims and the Joes. I think last season's results just come to show us that the big 12 is behind the likes of the sec in terms of overall talent. When OU steamrolled through the big 12 and got steamrolled by clemson, we see how far behind the big 12 is.

People like to blame the coaches but when they plan prepare and practice hard and do everything they can to convince the kids how important the game is, at the end of the day they are the ones who step on the field and play the game. His coaching puts them in a position to play in great games but they have to go and do it. Riley didnt forget how to coach offense, Stoops didnt forget how to coach defense- clemson was just better. I'll be the first to admit he's made mistakes in the past (like re-punting) but I find it silly to say he's done a great job getting his 11-1 team to the playoff but OU loses the bowl game and it's suggested that he's the one who struggled.He, his staff, and the players all kept talking about how they reminded the players over and over how important the game is and to take it seriously, its a business trip etc. I think they just ran into a better team in a different conference and that tends to happen sometimes. OU went undefeated in 2003 until they played in the post season. undefeated in 2004 until the national championship game and they got their asses handed to them by a better team. You think Stoops himself struggled and caused them to lose those games? It's not always about the Xs and Os, you gotta have the Jims and the Joes. I think last season's results just come to show us that the big 12 is behind the likes of the sec in terms of overall talent. When OU steamrolled through the big 12 and got steamrolled by clemson, we see how far behind the big 12 is.
Except Clemson steam rolled them the last two years and they're in the ACC...

People also love to make excuses for coaches, 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other.

He looks just as bad as any other coach when he doesn't have a good QB and he looks just as good when he does.

Except Clemson steam rolled them the last two years and they're in the ACC...

He looks just as bad as any other coach when he doesn't have a good QB and he looks just as good when he does.

They certainly did. Interesting, so the QB position is important, ive wondered about that. He's never had nor will he ever have a losing season. If the qb position isnt working, at least they have talent elsewhere, enough to eek out 16 wins in 2 years with a severely distinct lack of talent at qb. Is that good coaching to be able to scratch and claw to a dismal 8 wins in a bad year? He's surely set a higher standard of winning at OU than what exists in austin currently.

Stoops owns the very worst BCS loss in history (one in which he had a player begging for mercy on the field like a bitch btw - Dan Cody). He also owns only 1 national title. You know who also owns only 1 national title? It's not an exclusive list. Here are some other coaches on par with that since 1980: Les Miles, Mack Brown, Howard Schnellenberger, Phil Fulmer, Lloyd Carr, Larry Coker, Jim Tressel, Gene Chizik, LaVell Edwards, Bobby Ross, Bill McCartney, Danny Ford, Don James, Vince Dooley, etc.

National titles are what matters, right okie? Or that's only when you can claim that?

When OU steamrolled through the big 12 and got steamrolled by clemson, we see how far behind the big 12 is.
Typical dishonest $ooner. You played every single good team without their starting QB last year. You lucked into that playoff berth, nothing more. And then you promptly proved you didn't belong there per usual.

Last edited:
They certainly did. Interesting, so the QB position is important, ive wondered about that. He's never had nor will he ever have a losing season. If the qb position isnt working, at least they have talent elsewhere, enough to eek out 16 wins in 2 years with a severely distinct lack of talent at qb. Is that good coaching to be able to scratch and claw to a dismal 8 wins in a bad year? He's surely set a higher standard of winning at OU than what exists in austin currently.
Dude, I said he is a damn good coach, regardless.. Is your comprehension that lacking? The Big12 has been down overall for several years. Texas has been bad. What's your point, new money TCU and Baylor have owned the last few years with OU eeking out a few.

Dude, I said he is a damn good coach, regardless.. Is your comprehension that lacking? The Big12 has been down overall for several years. Texas has been bad. What's your point, new money TCU and Baylor have owned the last few years with OU eeking out a few.

I remember and agree. Nope, not lacking in my ability to comprehend. I agree with your assessment that he's a damn good coach. My point is that Stoops' teams were able to eek out 8 win seasons when his qb couldnt hit the broad side of a barn from. I was alluding to your previous post where you said Stoops looks just as bad as any coach when he doesnt have a good qb. But I would suggest his teams have never looked as bad as a certain other team to the south has over the past few years with similar qb issues.

Stoops owns the very worst BCS loss in history (one in which he had a player begging for mercy on the field like a bitch btw - Dan Cody). He also owns only 1 national title. You know who also owns only 1 national title? It's not an exclusive list. Here are some other coaches on par with that since 1980: Les Miles, Mack Brown, Howard Schnellenberger, Phil Fulmer, Lloyd Carr, Larry Coker, Jim Tressel, Gene Chizik, LaVell Edwards, Bobby Ross, Bill McCartney, Danny Ford, Don James, Vince Dooley, etc.

National titles are what matters, right okie? Or that's only when you can claim that?

Typical dishonest $ooner. You played every single good team without their starting QB last year. You lucked into that playoff berth, nothing more. And then you promptly proved you didn't belong there per usual.

Yep, he sure does own the worst bcs loss. He also owns some really nice records like the only one to ever win all of them and a natty. He even has the 2nd highest winning percentage of all active coaches who have been around for more than 10 years. His accomplishments far overshadow the disappointments. He'll be in the HOF and it looks like ole charlie may be ran out of town before our next president gets sworn in.

Not OU's fault those qbs were injured when they played OU. Too bad for them.

1 national title. Pretty average.

Then don't boast about "steamrolling" the conference when you had a horseshoe up your ass. It's dishonest. But typical.

Since when was winning a national championship considered an average accomplishment?

I didnt boast anything- It's the truth. OU steamrolled the conference. You have no idea how much differently each team would play with the starter vs the backup. Could have just as easily been same results, its all conjecture. We only know what happened. My point wasnt to boast , it was to illustrate how far behind the big 12 is from the best of the other conferences.

Way to continue to be dishonest. When you're playing every good team with their starting QB out, and puff your chest out about "steamrolling" the conference, that's dishonest. You got lucky everyone was hurt. That's it.

Winning a national title is great. Just don't act like Stoops is an all timer. He's equal to Phil Fulmer and Larry Coker where it counts. And of course Mack Brown and Les Miles.

Anyway, back to the original post, way to embarrass the conference yet again on the national stage in hoops. Your Final 4 face rape was ridiculously pitiful. Way to represent, chokers.

OU is really good at losing big games. And their fans are pretty adept at bragging about it.

Points noted.

Reactions: Scholz
Way to continue to be dishonest. When you're playing every good team with their starting QB out, and puff your chest out about "steamrolling" the conference, that's dishonest. You got lucky everyone was hurt. That's it.

Winning a national title is great. Just don't act like Stoops is an all timer. He's equal to Phil Fulmer and Larry Coker where it counts. And of course Mack Brown and Les Miles.

Anyway, back to the original post, way to embarrass the conference yet again on the national stage in hoops. Your Final 4 face rape was ridiculously pitiful. Way to represent, chokers.

Nothing in my post was dishonest, it was all true. OU didnt get lucky, it was rather unfortunate not to get those teams at their best. But it is what it is- OU went and won.

I'm acting like he's a hall of famer and no amount of disparaging remarks about his record will change it. Every coach has bad losses, bad seasons, bad performances, but he's considerably more accomplished than charlie or mack will ever be.

Speaking of starting QB's...OSU's starting QB threw a pick six in his one and only play. Gundy immediately put Walsh back in...his back up. Injuries happen...even to your best players at the worst time. Jason White, OU's QB, played with a broken hand in one NCG; Demarco Murray, I'm sure you know who he is, missed another NCG vs.Tebow. All in all, to summarize this thread, I'll make it simple.
Chose 1 of the following:

A) lose a single game to a rival with a losing record but go on to being the conference champs for a 9th time (as opposed to said rival's just 2), and playing in the CFB Playoffs. Also 6 players will be drafted (as opposed to said rival's glaring goose egg.)
B) beating a rival, with nothing to show for it but a borrowed gold hat and another losing record.
(This applies to BB as well.)
Here's what's dishonest; any one choosing "B." Any one in their right mind would rather have a 9th Big 12 Championship trophy, a ring and playing in the CFB Playoffs instead of a borrowed gold hat.
There's about 120 other teams who would've loved to be in OU's shoes, including yourself and UT.
Besides, with all the hardware OU collected this past season, there would've been no room for the gold hat anyway. Luckily, OU is constructing a much larger building to showcase their successes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT