ADVERTISEMENT

Bought a Used Car today....wft with these add ons?

horn1

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Helped my 74 year old mom buy a fully loaded 2021 Honda CRV with 13,000 miles on it. Got a good deal on it after doing all the online pricing research. My mom throws down $20k cash & financed the rest for 1.99%

A couple of things that had me irked & bewildered.

1) The salesman & manager absolutely would not budge on the LoJack (with 2 year subscription) + free battery replacements & key fob replacement add ins. They wanted $1300 initially total for this add on. We declined several times. They said we'd even have to PAY $100 for them to take the LoJack out. We laughed & said no way. Anyways, $1300 eventually got down to $300.

Get this though....The dealership absolutely would not sell us the car unless we paid the $300 total for those 3 add ons. The manager told us straight up...if you want this car, you're paying $300. I dropped some choice F bombs & said "Are your margins so fvcking thin that you can't drop this add on?" The manager replied, you want this car, you're paying for these add ons. We relented eventually bc we wanted that car, but things got very tense.

2) We passed on all the extra BS extended warranty stuff from the finance guy, but he "gave" us 3 years worth of "free" oil changes ($799 service contract) while deducting $799 from the base price of the car. Oil changes can be done at any Honda dealership. My mom is retired, so she has time to sit there.

What gives with this? Are they trying to reel us in their shop to fish for more work to be done on the car?

Thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News