ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl season is upon us

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
If there is an American citizen who will actually watch all the bowl games he deserves a medal for bravery. But really the most important factor is opt outs

The Alamo Bowl has so many great storylines. I imagine Bret Yormark is learning all the Arizona cheers, fight songs, and alma mater lol. Next to the Sugar Bowl it's the game I want to watch the most. Gabriel and Danny Stutsman have opted out.

If inspired Oregon will destroy Liberty. Opt outs won't matter in this one.

Penn State/Mississippi a game of two teams that don't deserve to be in an elite bowl.

Missouri/Ohio State so many Ohio State players have entered the transfer portal including the qb. However Egbuka has said he'll play. If JT Tuomilau and Harrison Jr play the buckeyes should win.

Florida State/Georgia who wants it the most? Opt outs will play a key part.

Aabama/Michigan Alabama hasn't won in the same way as they have in the past. Say what you want about Jalen Milroe the kid came through against Auburn and Georgia so he has my respect.

Dating back to his 49er days Jim Harbaugh has never won when it mattered most and now he's matched up against Nick Saban who's built his career on winning when it matters most. It appears to me that Michigan doesn't have much of a passing attack and if they can't pass the ball then it's roll tide.

Ok @westx what you got for me?

Last edited:
Reactions: westx
UNC vs WV(-6.5). Should be a decent game. WV

Louisville vs USC(-7.5): I'll take USC to win outright

a&m(-2.5) vs okie lite: I'll take Gundy. Aggy is in too much chaos with players AND coaching.

Arizona(-3) vs ou: I will go with the Wildcats reluctantly. AZ has played a decent schedule and done well

Clemson(-4) vs UK: Clemson

Oreg St vs ND(-6.5): ND.

Mizzou(-2.5) vs tOSU: So tough with the portal. I will take tOSU even though they don't have their starting QB

Georgia(-14) vs FSU: I am going with FSU with the upset

Bama vs Michigan(-1): Michigan

Texas all the way, baby.

Reactions: hookem777
UNC vs WV(-6.5). Should be a decent game. WV

Louisville vs USC(-7.5): I'll take USC to win outright

a&m(-2.5) vs okie lite: I'll take Gundy. Aggy is in too much chaos with players AND coaching.

Arizona(-3) vs ou: I will go with the Wildcats reluctantly. AZ has played a decent schedule and done well

Clemson(-4) vs UK: Clemson

Oreg St vs ND(-6.5): ND.

Mizzou(-2.5) vs tOSU: So tough with the portal. I will take tOSU even though they don't have their starting QB

Georgia(-14) vs FSU: I am going with FSU with the upset

Bama vs Michigan(-1): Michigan

Texas all the way, baby.
I was going to watch Notre Dame/ Oregon State but Jonathan Smith has taken another job and DJ transferred so this should be an easy victory for the Irish.

The Alamo Bowl is rated 6th for the best matchups. Ahead of the Fiesta and should be ahead of the Peach. If Arizona wins Yormark will rush to the stage to accept the trophy.

Last edited:
@westx my burnt orange morals don't allow me to start this but I'm going to make an exception this time.

Oklahoma should be in the Peach Bowl. They jumped Texas and Alabama 4 spots something that has never been done before. They should have done that for Oklahoma. I'm my mind they're clearly 7 points better than Penn State or Ole Miss.

All Penn State and Ole Miss have are glorified losses. I'm appalled that beating Iowa or LSU is considered a quality win. Once again Oklahoma is clearly better than Iowa or LSU.

Good grief a good class 1A Texas school can shut out Iowa. And ftr SMU should have been jumped over Liberty. Penn State, Ole Miss, and Liberty are in because those are the rules. It also shows how much influence the SEC and the little ten have in the bowl games.

@westx my burnt orange morals don't allow me to start this but I'm going to make an exception this time.

Oklahoma should be in the Peach Bowl. They jumped Texas and Alabama 4 spots something that has never been done before. They should have done that for Oklahoma. I'm my mind they're clearly 7 points better than Penn State or Ole Miss.

All Penn State and Ole Miss have are glorified losses. I'm appalled that beating Iowa or LSU is considered a quality win. Once again Oklahoma is clearly better than Iowa or LSU.

Good grief a good class 1A Texas school can shut out Iowa. And ftr SMU should have been jumped over Liberty. Penn State, Ole Miss, and Liberty are in because those are the rules. It also shows how much influence the SEC and the little ten have in the bowl games.
Agree with everything but the bold section.
A shitty 1A Texas school could shut out Iowa.

Reactions: outhereincali
You can take this for what it's worth but the Orange bowl is going head to head against the cowboys on 12/30/23. I would like to see the ratings battle.

You can take this for what it's worth but the Orange bowl is going head to head against the cowboys on 12/30/23. I would like to see the ratings battle.
I am a Cowboys fan, but I will watch the Orange Bowl. Easy choice for me.

I am a Cowboys fan, but I will watch the Orange Bowl. Easy choice for me.
They're playing the Lions and the lions aren't a joke anymore. I would love to see the Orange bowl win a ratings battle with the NFL. And nowt just the NFL but the cowboys.

If there is an American citizen who will actually watch all the bowl games he deserves a medal for bravery. But really the most important factor is opt outs

The Alamo Bowl has so many great storylines. I imagine Bret Yormark is learning all the Arizona cheers, fight songs, and alma mater lol. Next to the Sugar Bowl it's the game I want to watch the most. Gabriel and Danny Stutsman have opted out.

If inspired Oregon will destroy Liberty. Opt outs won't matter in this one.

Penn State/Mississippi a game of two teams that don't deserve to be in an elite bowl.

Missouri/Ohio State so many Ohio State players have entered the transfer portal including the qb. However Egbuka has said he'll play. If JT Tuomilau and Harrison Jr play the buckeyes should win.

Florida State/Georgia who wants it the most? Opt outs will play a key part.

Aabama/Michigan Alabama hasn't won in the same way as they have in the past. Say what you want about Jalen Milroe the kid came through against Auburn and Georgia so he has my respect.

Dating back to his 49er days Jim Harbaugh has never won when it mattered most and now he's matched up against Nick Saban who's built his career on winning when it matters most. It appears to me that Michigan doesn't have much of a passing attack and if they can't pass the ball then it's roll tide.

Ok @westx what you got for me?
Stutsman's good to go

A bowl game I'm paying attention to is Utah/Northwestern tonight in the Las Vegas Bowl. Utah is approx an 8 point favorite and I agree.

Good grief a good class 1A Texas school can shut out Iowa

That’s 6 man football. Not really familiar with UIL are you?

Good grief a good class 1A Texas school can shut out Iowa

That’s 6 man football. Not really familiar with UIL are you?
Class 1A is the smallest classification in Texas. 6 man football doesn't really have a classification.

One thing I've noticed about your posts. You never have any thoughts of your own. What you do is try to correct them and thick your have a gotcha moment. I dare you to say something with your own opinion.

Class 1A is the smallest classification in Texas. 6 man football doesn't really have a classification.

One thing I've noticed about your posts. You never have any thoughts of your own. What you do is try to correct them and thick your have a gotcha moment. I dare you to say something with your own opinion.
Not correct. 1A football in Texas is 6 man. That happened when they created 6A in 2014

Prior to 2014 6 man was its own classification.

Back to the topic at hand....The Ramblin' Wreck woke up in the second half and laid the wood to UCF.....Coach Key just might be the right man for that job....

Not correct. 1A football in Texas is 6 man. That happened when they created 6A in 2014

Prior to 2014 6 man was its own classification.
Well then I stand corrected. Thanks for letting me know of the changes.

In California it's the opposite. They have 6 classifications but here 1A is the largest and 6A is the smallest.

Back to the topic at hand....The Ramblin' Wreck woke up in the second half and laid the wood to UCF.....Coach Key just might be the right man for that job....
I thought they would win congrats to you thanks for trying to get back to the original subject.

A bowl game I'm paying attention to is Utah/Northwestern tonight in the Las Vegas Bowl. Utah is approx an 8 point favorite and I agree.
Interesting that Bryson Barnes is transferring and Utah let him start and play out the game at QB. He was terrible. Nobody in D1 will want him, imo. I am curious as to why he is transferring. Did he think he earned the #1 spot and didn't want to sit behind the real #1 in Rising next year when Rising gets healthy?

That's right! Today at 4:30 in the First Responder Bowl Texas St vs Rice!

Go Cats!!
Well I'm not going to watch the game but I'm going to try and keep tabs on Kansas tonight. I'm a big fan of Lance Leipold. Kansas could be one of the top programs in the post TX and OK Big XII

Kansas has finished their best season in a long time. 9/4 is a big deal for them. They could have won 3 of those 4 games they lost. And hey they beat Oklahoma. Drew last blood on the sooners as a matter of fact. If their starting qb can play next year they could get better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT