ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl season is upon us

Jim Harbaugh hired NFL agent Don Yee to represent him. So sounds like he’s probably off to the NFL after the playoff. Rumors of Brian Kelly leaving LSU for Michigan if the job comes open.

It’s time to acknowledge what non playoff bowl games are. A glorified exhibition game where teams get a couple of weeks of extra practice to get an early start on next spring. With as many key players sitting out there is nothing else that can be taken away from the results. The media needs to start admitting this, but they won’t because they have to hype the matchup so the sponsors get their ratings. Coaches need to say we are treating this like an early spring practice.
It's about pride. A lot of fans don't understand this.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
Jim Harbaugh hired NFL agent Don Yee to represent him. So sounds like he’s probably off to the NFL after the playoff. Rumors of Brian Kelly leaving LSU for Michigan if the job comes open.
If true this in keeping with Jim Harbaugh's history. Pass the buck and leave before it hits the fan. I've never understood why so many on this board like him.

• Wow
Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn

If true this in keeping with Jim Harbaugh's history. Pass the buck and leave before it hits the fan. I've never understood why so many on this board like him.
I respect him even though he is a weird asshole. Vegetables, Dabo and many undisclosed coaches we don’t know of yet (SEC coaching staffs) are surely in the practice of in person scouting.

I respect him even though he is a weird asshole. Vegetables, Dabo and many undisclosed coaches we don’t know of yet (SEC coaching staffs) are surely in the practice of in person scouting.
Yeah I mean he’s definitely strange and a bit of an asshole, but one of the very few coaches who have been great in college and NFL.

Look he's not a strange ahole. He's not a weird ahole. He's not a bit of an ahole. He's an all the way, bottom of the pile asshole.

Look out here the 49ers are the team. There's lots of cable coverage channels about the 49ers. In one of them was when he was with a bunch of kids. All they wanted to do was shake his hand get and autograph and a picture and ask a few questions.

Instead he was rude, talk about he works 18 hour days, doesn't have much time for this and acted imposed upon. He did that more than once.

That's enough for me and if you're a fb fan with kids you wouldn't like him either.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg with this guy. He pulled that handshake nonsense on a regular basis. He used to coach against Sarkisian in the Pac XII I wonder if he tried to pull it on him. Mostly it was against Pete Carroll but PC got the last laugh.

Last edited:
Yes--- Yee has a couple big time NFL clients- some high power agents have NFL clients-- AND represent college coaches.
What big time agent WOULDN'T want to rep Harbaugh? Michigan just offered him a 10 year $125 million dollar extension. That would make him the 8th highest paid coach in ANY American sport-- the highest paid college coach EVER, and he'd be making MORE than his brother does coaching the Ravens.
And honestly- Harbaugh could walk into the Michigan BOR and demand $200 million and Michigan wouldn't bat an eyelash giving to him.
So is it about money for Harbaugh?

If so- Michigan is where he needs to be. Blue blood. Rich. Proud. Cat bird seat. NCAA can't touch him.
Or is it about ego?
His brother is in the NFL. Does Harbaugh want a superbowl ring?
If so-- where does he land? The Chargers? Las Vegas? Chicago? He's got no shot to win there for years.
Those places won't pay him what Michigan will.
So he can't win there and won't get paid there.
So why hire an NFL agent? My guess is either:
A. He wants NFL coaching perks at the college level, so he hires and NFL agent to get them for him---- or
B. He's going to the NFL

Yes--- Yee has a couple big time NFL clients- some high power agents have NFL clients-- AND represent college coaches.
What big time agent WOULDN'T want to rep Harbaugh? Michigan just offered him a 10 year $125 million dollar extension. That would make him the 8th highest paid coach in ANY American sport-- the highest paid college coach EVER, and he'd be making MORE than his brother does coaching the Ravens.
And honestly- Harbaugh could walk into the Michigan BOR and demand $200 million and Michigan wouldn't bat an eyelash giving to him.
So is it about money for Harbaugh?

If so- Michigan is where he needs to be. Blue blood. Rich. Proud. Cat bird seat. NCAA can't touch him.
Or is it about ego?
His brother is in the NFL. Does Harbaugh want a superbowl ring?
If so-- where does he land? The Chargers? Las Vegas? Chicago? He's got no shot to win there for years.
Those places won't pay him what Michigan will.
So he can't win there and won't get paid there.
So why hire an NFL agent? My guess is either:
A. He wants NFL coaching perks at the college level, so he hires and NFL agent to get them for him---- or
B. He's going to the NFL
Don Yee only represents nfl coaches and players right how. hence the speculation that he’s off to the nfl. Also reportedly his extension with Michigan is reportedly on the table just waiting for his signature. Probably doesn’t need an agent for that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT