ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Season Picks

the manipulation from ESPN announcers is sickening. The first excuse they have to give right after the close win over Utah and repeatedly, "Ohio State short-handed finds a way to win".
not once did they question how tOSU despite having a huge margin in the recruiting is not putting Utah away.
I heard the same sickening Big 10 homerism from the ESPN announcers during the Penn St / Arky game. Arky manhandled Penn St but it was all about Penn St being short handed and opt outs.

Feel bad for the ole miss qb. He’s a first round pick and decided not to opt out and play. And gets hurt.
Backup just threw a pick six.

Feel bad for the ole miss qb. He’s a first round pick and decided not to opt out and play. And gets hurt.
Backup just threw a pick six.
A good example there of why opting out isn’t a bad move if you have nothing to play for.

It’s hard to argue with what Aranda is doing because there is no denying his success. But, man, he has gone for it twice on 4th down on his own 40 and failed both times. It would drive me crazy

Reactions: diadevic
It was a damn good game. As was the okie st beating the domers. Man, I have been watching football non stop. I need to get a life. Now for my last game of the night. Baylor/ole miss
And this one turning out OK too.

Reactions: westx
I wonder how Aranda interviews for jobs because he is horrible at TV interviews. His post game interview was painful to watch. He obviously interviews well enough to get the job.

Reactions: Belldozer1
He's looking good. Fun game to watch. They just got through saying that Coach Whittingham said that Rising is the best QB leader he has ever had. I don't know if it was Texas' fault he transferred anyway. It is the modern young man's impatience when they don't get to start right away. Rising would more than likely been our QB this year just like he is barely Utah's QB this year. Rising gained nothing as far as being a starter earlier by transferring. I believe Casey would have transferred long ago if Rising was still at Texas. That is a shame because Texas needed a leader this year. We needed somebody being in the other player's ears to keep everybody focused..
Rising gained a Rose Bowl appearance by transferring. 😉

I wonder how Aranda interviews for jobs because he is horrible at TV interviews. His post game interview was painful to watch. He obviously interviews well enough to get the job.
I'll show my age, and I say this with love, but ---

In the 1970's there was a movie starring Peter Seller called "Being There." A comedy about a "simple" man named Chance the Gardner. He could only speak in short sentences saying only things he had heard or seen on TV. Somehow, a lady in high society meets him, mistakes that his name is Chauncey Gardner, and takes him around high society. He ends up meeting the President, who thinks he's a genius, because he speaks only in short statements, most of which have nothing to do with the conversation, but everyone thinks are some kind of profound pronouncements.

JDCPA - That is a long winded way of saying/asking - is it possible that Aranda is a real life Chauncey Gardner? Because you're right - his interviews are awful. When BU held OSU 1 inch from the goal line, he did not even pump a fist. When announcers describe him, it is always as "cerebral." Either he is the smartest man in the history of football, or ... he is Chauncey Gardner!

Last edited:
Rape U. That us all the respect you deserve. I could go back some more to basketball murders if you want.

Yeah, but that's not the culture at Baylor today. Kudos to them for putting very competitive teams on the field/court. You can use the same analogy with the Astros cheating scandal in 2017. It's old news. Time moves forward.

Some on here would be just fine having that toxic coach in the name of winning!

Some on here would be just fine having that toxic coach in the name of winning!

If it meant Texas competing for and/or winning national titles if Briles were the coach at Texas, you bet I'd be fine with having him in Austin!

I believe if Briles went to A&M and they won, this board would go off on how pathetic A&M's desperation would be to hire such trash.

I believe if Briles went to A&M and they won, this board would go off on how pathetic A&M's desperation would be to hire such trash.
Why would you or any other rival care what we say on a Longhorn board?

Go cats, beat the tigers.

Need a good night from Strangers duece.
Where has stranger been?

Reactions: westx
See he is only a sophomore. So will drive both UT and OU crazy again next year. At least Thompson will be gone. Looks like LSU needs some QBs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT