ADVERTISEMENT

Brother Stoops

Everyone knew that Oklahoma’s best chance to win after tying game was to let Texas score immediately and then try to score and go for 2. When there is absolutely no chance of stopping the other team that’s on the defense not the offense.

Reactions: Belldozer1
So total explosion up north, he has been fired haha
yes and thank you. yesterday was the last of many straws. texas fans definitely understand needing a coaching change.
you guys have been the more physical team most of the time the last several years, probably more so yesterday. maybe we can give you a better game not just on the scoreboard but in the trenches. you kicked our ass. again

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Metcalf #2
We should immediately bring Stoops on our staff as a defensive "consultant". Having his knowledge of the OU game planning and player tendencies would be a valuable asset to our staff if we get a rematch with the gooners on Dec 1. Stoops would probably love nothing more than to end their season and perhaps restore his credibility and chances of getting a job somewhere next season.

We should immediately bring Stoops on our staff as a defensive "consultant". Having his knowledge of the OU game planning and player tendencies would be a valuable asset to our staff if we get a rematch with the gooners on Dec 1. Stoops would probably love nothing more than to end their season and perhaps restore his credibility and chances of getting a job somewhere next season.

Have you seen their defense? I wouldn't trust that dude to know "Quarterback" is not a reference to a 25 cent refund.

Reactions: freeper
I don't know what to think about this. The last few years OK's defense has had some horrible games a couple of years ago they had a 66/59 score against TT and there have been others. But never against TX until yesterday. Maybe that's what's saved his job and yesterday's game was the final straw.

There's no telling what will happen to OK's season the rest of the way. This could unite the OK team or it could destroy their season. Maybe Lincoln Riley feels secure enough to bring in his own people now. OK's season has gotten a whole lot more interesting than it already was.

I disliked Mike Stoops more than Bob. He taunted the TX team constantly on his first stint as their dc. Yesterday's game was the first time when we finally settled a score with him. Yes we all know the game was close but we embarrassed him and I enjoyed it.

Remember how he used to stand on the sidelines always mouthing off? 4 years ago against Baylor be completely lost it. He had a meltdown and this time the player yelled back at him. The following year big brother Bob put him in the press box. I don't have the ability to post a link but it was in 2014 and in the second half.

Reactions: LonghornMM
That's the point @HornDrummer was making above. Riley is Kliff Kingsbury 2.0. Don't see much defense in your future. Might as well start throwing tortillas.

OU, unlike the the couch burners, has played good, and even great, defense in years past. The program has shown it's capable.

Surely LR understands that offense just puts @sses in the seats.

It's defense that wins championships.

If he doesn't, then perhaps what you say is correct sir. I wish you wouldn't say that out loud however. Very, very disconcerting.

6a0148c7b55aa3970c019b028bfea0970d-pi

Reactions: HornDrummer
My Horn friends, I want to thank you for your team finally allowing us to get rid of our DC. If we can get any sort of improvement on the defensive side of the ball, we can win out our schedule. In the off-season, I fully expect Riley to make a good DC hire. With Riley’s offense and a halfway consistently defense I like OU’s chances in most games imo.

I don't know what to think about this. The last few years OK's defense has had some horrible games a couple of years ago they had a 66/59 score against TT and there have been others. But never against TX until yesterday. Maybe that's what's saved his job and yesterday's game was the final straw.

There's no telling what will happen to OK's season the rest of the way. This could unite the OK team or it could destroy their season. Maybe Lincoln Riley feels secure enough to bring in his own people now. OK's season has gotten a whole lot more interesting than it already was.

I disliked Mike Stoops more than Bob. He taunted the TX team constantly on his first stint as their dc. Yesterday's game was the first time when we finally settled a score with him. Yes we all know the game was close but we embarrassed him and I enjoyed it.

Remember how he used to stand on the sidelines always mouthing off? 4 years ago against Baylor be completely lost it. He had a meltdown and this time the player yelled back at him. The following year big brother Bob put him in the press box. I don't have the ability to post a link but it was in 2014 and in the second half.
Not to rain on your parade but Saban has a meltdown every game and completely loses it. It ok though because he’s getting results right? You guys getting upset at coaches for yelling and getting on players need to get a grip or go join the me too movement. You don’t like Stoops, cool, me neither but bringing up he yells at kids is lame.

My Horn friends, I want to thank you for your team finally allowing us to get rid of our DC. If we can get any sort of improvement on the defensive side of the ball, we can win out our schedule. In the off-season, I fully expect Riley to make a good DC hire. With Riley’s offense and a halfway consistently defense I like OU’s chances in most games imo.

Your current offense "hangs your defense out to dry." Your offense needs to be on the field longer, by design. The quick strike, turnover, or 3 and out is killing your D. Your defense is on the field 80%+ of the time. This is on Riley and his choice of offense. He's the sober Mike Leach.

Your current offense "hangs your defense out to dry." Your offense needs to be on the field longer, by design. The quick strike, turnover, or 3 and out is killing your D. Your defense is on the field 80%+ of the time. This is on Riley and his choice of offense. He's the sober Mike Leach.
45 is plenty to win every game. Our defense stops nothing. This is hopefully about to change

Not to rain on your parade but Saban has a meltdown every game and completely loses it. It ok though because he’s getting results right? You guys getting upset at coaches for yelling and getting on players need to get a grip or go join the me too movement. You don’t like Stoops, cool, me neither but bringing up he yells at kids is lame.

First of all nobody rains on my parade. He's always had this "fiery" reputation. Well player attitudes have changed in the last 20 years. And in this case the OK player in question, Julius Wilson, yelled back at him and pointed at the field as if to say your adjustments suck coach. Big brother Bob jumped in and Wilson sat down the rest is the game. OK went on to lose 48/14. It was at the end of the season and it's no coincidence that MS was in the press box the following season. It's not some sort of me too stuff you're taking about. It's more of a trust and respect issue between players and coaches.

God, please let this happen! Where did you read this?
Just out of curiosity, if Lincoln were to leave, would Bob even contemplate coming back, ala Urban M.(albeit Urban came back to different school)?

Just wondering....

Just out of curiosity, if Lincoln were to leave, would Bob even contemplate coming back, ala Urban M.(albeit Urban came back to different school)?

Just wondering....
No way Lincoln leaves 4.8 million on the table to go be the OC with the Cowboys. That is a silly rumor.

Nueces, we’ve put up with his pathetic ass for several years. He blew the Georgia game as well as others. We’ve managed to win some video game type games against not so great teams. I don’t think entitled is very accurate. We still have the same players that haven’t tackled anyone yet.
That style of offense will never produce a good defense. They have to stay on the field the whole game.

I don't understand this comparison. I very much dislike Saban. He is an a-hole and I'm glad he didn't come to UT. Herman can be a little arrogant sometimes but he's not an a-hole and he's genuine

If the defense could get a few stops they could get more rest. We won’t have a Bama defense but good grief what we have now is an abomination. I think some of this bashing of our offense is wishful thinking. Sounds like some are really concerned that we may actually field a top 50-60 defense and then keep on winning conference championships with occasional playoff appearances.

God, please let this happen! Where did you read this?

LINCOLN RILEY - OKLAHOMA SOONERS
8669839.jpg

(Photo: Reese Strickland, USA TODAY Sports)
Current role: Head coach

Projected role: Offensive coordinator/Head coach

__

Few coaches, NFL or NCAA, command the respect Lincoln Riley does.

Having spent time significant time at Texas Tech and now owning the reins at Oklahoma, only three short hours away from the home of the Cowboys, he's quite familiar with the landscape. It also pays to note he spent two seasons as the Sooners' offensive coordinator and QB coach, and considering the current regression issues on Dak Prescott, the potential marriage becomes exceedingly attractive. Since taking over as head coach in Norman, OK, Riley has logged a 16-2 win-loss record and -- with the help of a developed Baker Mayfield -- took the eventual National Championship runner-up Georgia Bulldogs to the absolute limit in the Rose Bowl last season.

One of the more creative offensive minds around, the Sooners' have continually been a leviathan on that side of the ball, as evidenced by how they averaged 45.1 points per game in 2017 -- third-highest in the nation. They were also third-best in 2016 and 2015, landing at fourth-overall in 2014. If you're sensing a theme here, it's because it's staring you in the face. Joining the Cowboys would give Riley a chance to make an impact at the professional level, something he's not yet tried, and it's only an afternoon drive from home.

I'd be more comfortable starting him at OC, but if he pushed for the HC role, I wouldn't offer much resistance.

Just imagine him and Kris Richard together...

ADVERTISEMENT