ADVERTISEMENT

Bru McCoy

you have to wonder if we need to hold an exorcism or something....we lose a star to stroke....a star to spinal stenosis....a star to...uh...whatever got into Bru( and I wish him well whatever he does)....and maybe one to kidney issues....bad joss I tell ya....

Thats where I am different from ya'll, I would tell the kid " If you don't want to be at Texas then get your young Ass off the North Forty" we don't need ya and that there was a greyhound headed West at 3, be on it! We don't need no one who don't wanna be a Texas Longhorn,,,,period!

We don't need no one who don't wanna be a Texas Longhorn,,,,period!
That triple negative sentence is pretty much how I feel.:) I took that attitude with girls after the 1st heartbreak. If you can do better, go for it. If you don't want to be at Texas, then move along and don't take valuable practice time from somebody that loves Texas and does want to be there.

Coaches look at this in another way. Bru wasn't here to contribute next season, he was here because he was needed for the 2020 season, anything he gives you next season is bonus. We need him badly for when we lose Collin Johnson. All we need from him and every freshman is to just learn the system and prepare their body for the game. If they are good enough to contribute immediately, then great, but he needs to contribute as a sophomore and that his a huge loss in 2020. We are losing a ton of WR talent after next season including John Burt, Devin Duverney, and Collin Johnson. What we have coming back is Joshua Moore as the only proven talent we currently know of. Yes we have Eagles and Pouncey and Epps who could be really good, but we don't know yet. Having a talent like Bru is huge, it pushes everyone to step up their game and makes the position as a whole better.

Will we survive without him, absolutely, will we be better with him, absolutely. The kid is away from home for the first time in his life, it's hard, and he wasn't ready, this happens to a lot of people. Hopefully he can over come this and stick with Texas.

Coaches look at this in another way. Bru wasn't here to contribute next season, he was here because he was needed for the 2020 season, anything he gives you next season is bonus. We need him badly for when we lose Collin Johnson. All we need from him and every freshman is to just learn the system and prepare their body for the game. If they are good enough to contribute immediately, then great, but he needs to contribute as a sophomore and that his a huge loss in 2020. We are losing a ton of WR talent after next season including John Burt, Devin Duverney, and Collin Johnson. What we have coming back is Joshua Moore as the only proven talent we currently know of. Yes we have Eagles and Pouncey and Epps who could be really good, but we don't know yet. Having a talent like Bru is huge, it pushes everyone to step up their game and makes the position as a whole better.

Will we survive without him, absolutely, will we be better with him, absolutely. The kid is away from home for the first time in his life, it's hard, and he wasn't ready, this happens to a lot of people. Hopefully he can over come this and stick with Texas.
Interesting perspective and I agree with most of what you said. I think one of the reasons that it looks like we don’t have proven talent at the WR position is b/c we are so stacked at WR. That will change a little bit after this season but we have WR for days. If this were to happen at LB, that would hurt much more. Bottom line though, Bru is a kid. He’s probably home sick and this is the biggest decision of his life thus far.

Herman, Elinger and others are headed to California to twist his arm to come back to Texas. That’s funny in itself.
I just read an article stating this. Why go to those measures for a kid that hasn’t taken a snap in a game yet. Herman should not play into the kids game and say good riddance imo. If the kid does return to Texas this year, what’s to say he sticks it out? Some kids are too much drama.

Reactions: HornsRuleU
"I just read an article stating this. Why go to those measures for a kid that hasn’t taken a snap in a game yet. Herman should not play into the kids game and say good riddance imo. If the kid does return to Texas this year, what’s to say he sticks it out? Some kids are too much drama."

Yeah really....kinda like Ou running backs punching on girls.....but that doesn't count as drama since it's a common thing in Oklahoma I guess.

bottom line....The kid is good enough to go all out on any effort to keep him.

but......the thing that jumps out at me is that our staff was not in touch enough to see a problem developing. That is scary. Any kid away from home for the first time needs hand holding to a degree. Bru will not be the last, nor was he the first. We need to get someone that has the only job of being the official hand holder and needs fulfillment person. When that happens we can really call ourselves a family. We dont need an ass kissing department, we need a needs fulfillment department. The upper classmen need to get better at mentoring the young guys....take em home for the weekend or something.....We should never be in a situation where our guys look around and have to ask....where in hell did he go?

Insert Clob's thoughts here.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
If Herman has to kiss that much ass to get the boy, he must be desperate!

If you think Nick Saban, who has a track record that is second to none, doesn't have to kiss ass himself when he's in the living room of recruits thinking about going to Bama, I don't know what to tell you. The whole "take it or leave it" attitude that recruiting may have been once is simply not the reality anymore.

Reactions: mm42 and ASURAM2010
If you think Nick Saban, who has a track record that is second to none, doesn't have to kiss ass himself when he's in the living room of recruits thinking about going to Bama, I don't know what to tell you. The whole "take it or leave it" attitude that recruiting may have been once is simply not the reality anymore.

Saban has a bagman present a check before the official visit.

"I just read an article stating this. Why go to those measures for a kid that hasn’t taken a snap in a game yet. Herman should not play into the kids game and say good riddance imo. If the kid does return to Texas this year, what’s to say he sticks it out? Some kids are too much drama."

Yeah really....kinda like Ou running backs punching on girls.....but that doesn't count as drama since it's a common thing in Oklahoma I guess.
Man I get it, you don't like the girl punch dudes...but that comment isn't even remotely related to the discussion at hand.

Reactions: oldhorn2

cml7374, my point is, if I was Herman et al I wouldn't go chasing the kid across the country if he's acting like he doesn't want to be on your team. By all indications, that is what is being reported. Is it true? Who knows? Apparently Bru missed the start of the UT offseason conditioning program. Texas will be fine either way. Not sure why you bring Mixon up? With Mixon, it wasn't an issue of him not wanting to be at OU, it was an issue with him acting like a moron and hitting a girl.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
cml7374, my point is, if I was Herman et al I wouldn't go chasing the kid across the country if he's acting like he doesn't want to be on your team. By all indications, that is what is being reported. Is it true? Who knows? Apparently Bru missed the start of the UT offseason conditioning program. Texas will be fine either way. Not sure why you bring Mixon up? With Mixon, it wasn't an issue of him not wanting to be at OU, it was an issue with him acting like a moron and hitting a girl.

And Mixon should have gone to jail. He could have killed that girl the way she hit her head. Ray Rice is beside himself that Mixon got to play in the league after that.

Saban has a bagman present a check before the official visit.
Probably true, but if a kid is good enough to go to Alabama he has a lot of options on which check to cash. All college head coaches play the ass kissing game, if they don't, they'll be pursuing interests outside of college ball pretty soon. Gotta play the game to stay in the game.

And Mixon should have gone to jail. He could have killed that girl the way she hit her head. Ray Rice is beside himself that Mixon got to play in the league after that.
Well then perhaps you should start a new thread on Mixon, I was under the impression we were discussing Bru and his apparent? decision to go home? I'm still not sure how Mixon got brought up here?

Reactions: oldhorn2
Bell, I could not agree more. Mixon and Bru do not need to be in the same thought universe, let alone the same sentence

Transfer portal is going to make the class rankings irrelevant.
That's an overstatement / gross simplification. The transfer portal doesn't make class rankings irrelevant. Perhaps less relevant.

Recruiting 5* and 4* athletes is still going to result in a faster, stronger, bigger team, generally. The transfer portal just creates another way to lose those players, and maybe gain others. There were always ways for that to happen, though. And #3 vs. #4 never mattered too much.

That's a waste of good AV fuel! He probably wanted a 50 ooo acre ranch anyway! This 1st beer to the Prince Bru Of Texas and the second to Herman wasting AV ga

Last edited:
"Not sure why you bring Mixon up?"

Bell you guys brought up "Drama" is Mixons antics not Drama? I know its Oklahoma but putting blinders aside.....its still considered "Drama".....but I could be wrong Asuram2010 doesn't think its drama either

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn

Bell you guys brought up "Drama" is Mixons antics not Drama? I know its Oklahoma but putting blinders aside.....its still considered "Drama".....but I could be wrong Asuram2010 doesn't think its drama either

How much ya'll spend at OU for AV gas a gallon?

Well then perhaps you should start a new thread on Mixon, I was under the impression we were discussing Bru and his apparent? decision to go home? I'm still not sure how Mixon got brought up here?

Well I was responding to your own post Bell. Gee funny how that works. I didnt bring Mixon up. You did.

:rolleyes:

Yes I brought Nixon up
The ou residents on this board was talking about how Bru McCoy was "drama" and they forget that they have "drama" over in Norman......every team has drama....
I was trying to point out how "drama" is "drama" period .....

Although I am deeply concerned about Mixon, I can't help but wonder if anyone has any updates on McCoy? Anyone hear anything new?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT