ADVERTISEMENT

Car buying questions.

FrankieJ21

Proud to be American but thank God I’m from Texas!
Gold Member
Oct 28, 2016
Why are dealerships still telling customers that add ons such as Paint Protection, Nitrogen filled tires, theft protection, and others are mandatory and can’t be removed? I went into my nearest Ford dealership today to start the process of custom building a F150 XLT and was told that there were $1600 in dealer add ons added to all vehicles. I told the salesman that this is exactly why Im custom ordering the truck, so I don’t have to pay any add ons. And, that when the truck was delivered that I didn’t want any additional items added on during their pre-delivery inspection.

Why don’t dealerships provide some sort of menu pricing when they’re trying to sell a vehicle instead of just saying, “Well, these are on all our vehicles and can’t be removed.” I know most of these items are useless but I would think the purchase experience would be better if the subject of “add ons” was approached differently.

I know there are more than a few car salesmen on the board and I’m interested to hear your take on this subject.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News