ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Playoffs

One loss Ohio State stays ahead of us and that also means Michigan is in.
If Washington wins out they are in. If Oregon beats Washington they are in.
Winner of Alabama and Georgia is in.

I don't know why people are so down on Florida State. Their QB is really good. They got some NFL talent in the transfer portal and they are 10-0. Florida is 5 and 5 and gave up 52 to LSU last week and 39 to Arkansas last week. I know its a rivalry game and in the Swamp but I just don't see Florida pulling off the upset.

Our only real hope to get in is to win out and hope Louisville nocks of Florida State in the ACC championship game.

One loss Ohio State stays ahead of us and that also means Michigan is in.
If Washington wins out they are in. If Oregon beats Washington they are in.
Winner of Alabama and Georgia is in.

I don't know why people are so down on Florida State. Their QB is really good. They got some NFL talent in the transfer portal and they are 10-0. Florida is 5 and 5 and gave up 52 to LSU last week and 39 to Arkansas last week. I know its a rivalry game and in the Swamp but I just don't see Florida pulling off the upset.

Our only real hope to get in is to win out and hope Louisville nocks of Florida State in the ACC championship game.
I could also see a scenario where Bama beat’s Georgia in the SEC championship game and they both get in with 1 loss ahead of us even if we do win the conference.

The Houston and last nights game are going to be what the committee points to. All the top 8 teams either beat other ranked opponents or won by multiple scores except for us.

I could also see a scenario where Bama beat’s Georgia in the SEC championship game and they both get in with 1 loss ahead of us even if we do win the conference.

The Houston and last nights game are going to be what the committee points to. All the top 8 teams either beat other ranked opponents or won by multiple scores except for us.
They’re not putting a 1 loss team who doesn’t win their conference in over us if we win out. I still think Michigan beats OSU so they’ll be out, the winner of Bama/UGA will be in. Washington will still have to win a night game at Corvallis this weekend and beat Oregon. I think Florida beats FSU. There’s so many things that can happen, we have the easiest route by far. What we need to hope for as a fan base is FSU to drop one and Georgia to beat Bama.

Its a beauty contest. Our biggest issue is no big time games left.

1 Georgia vs 5-7 ranked Bama in the SEC championship
2 Ohio State vs 3 Michigan
3 - 4 FSU vs 8-10 ranked Louisville

5 Washington vs 10-12 Oregon State
6 Oregon vs 14-15 Oregon State
4 Washington vs 5-6 Oregon

Big 10 is in. They will have an undefeated champ. One loss Ohio State probably stays ahead of us.
SEC is in. Undefeated GA or 1 loss Bama. One Loss Georgia probably stays ahead of us.
1 Loss Pac 12 champ is in due to strength of conference.

ACC and Big 12 are down this year. We really need to win out and Bama, FSU, and Michigan to lose in order to get in.

Not a chance in hell a 12-1 Bama gets in over a 12-1 Texas. We beat them by double digits at their place. That's the one thing they are going to look at. Bama has had some very close games with some bad teams (USF, Arkansas, and A&M). In our 8 wins the average margin of victory is 20 points.
I take back everything I said in this. After watching Bama destroy a good Kentucky team yesterday I think they jump us this week. They are a better team than we are right now.

Its a beauty contest. Our biggest issue is no big time games left.

1 Georgia vs 5-7 ranked Bama in the SEC championship
2 Ohio State vs 3 Michigan
3 - 4 FSU vs 8-10 ranked Louisville

5 Washington vs 10-12 Oregon State
6 Oregon vs 14-15 Oregon State
4 Washington vs 5-6 Oregon

Big 10 is in. They will have an undefeated champ. One loss Ohio State probably stays ahead of us.
SEC is in. Undefeated GA or 1 loss Bama. One Loss Georgia probably stays ahead of us.
1 Loss Pac 12 champ is in due to strength of conference.

ACC and Big 12 are down this year. We really need to win out and Bama, FSU, and Michigan to lose in order to get in.
A one loss OSU or Michigan that doesn’t even play for a conference title doesn’t make it to the playoff above a one loss Texas team that wins the big 12

My dream scenario. Tennessee shocks the world and beats Georgia.

Then Auburn shocks the world again and beats Alabama giving the tide 2 loses for the season and ruining their chances for the playoffs.

Alabama beats Georgia in the SEC title game giving everybody in the SEC 2 loses and therefore eliminating the SEC from the playoffs.

😂

To many damn scenarios just like our conference championship if we win out and the 2nd team in the championship. Michigan Ohio State one of them is in unless they lose in the big 10 championship. Florida state has flordia and Louisville. Bama Georgia Bama could pull off the win and both get in. Oregon still has a tough schedule with Washington right there as well. I will be surprised if Washington stays undefeated the rest of the way if so they in. Bama, Georgia, Washington and Florida State. We are left out at number 5. Or Georgia, Washington, Florida State, Michigan. Or Georgia, Bama, Ohio State, Florida State. I can't see us in any of these damn scenarios.

Reactions: Belldozer1
To many damn scenarios just like our conference championship if we win out and the 2nd team in the championship. Michigan Ohio State one of them is in unless they lose in the big 10 championship. Florida state has flordia and Louisville. Bama Georgia Bama could pull off the win and both get in. Oregon still has a tough schedule with Washington right there as well. I will be surprised if Washington stays undefeated the rest of the way if so they in. Bama, Georgia, Washington and Florida State. We are left out at number 5. Or Georgia, Washington, Florida State, Michigan. Or Georgia, Bama, Ohio State, Florida State. I can't see us in any of these damn scenarios.
Sadly if Texas wins out..it looks like we will be #5 and first left out

my best are

Michigan
Gerogia
FSU
Washington

Texas
Bama
Oregon

Sadly if Texas wins out..it looks like we will be #5 and first left out

my best are

Michigan
Gerogia
FSU
Washington

Texas
Bama
Oregon
The odds of your top 4 winning out is pretty slim. My guess is 2 of those 4 drop at least a game. Washington has a tough schedule left. FSU could lose to Louisville. You’re also missing Ohio State.

The odds of your top 4 winning out is pretty slim. My guess is 2 of those 4 drop at least a game. Washington has a tough schedule left. FSU could lose to Louisville. You’re also missing Ohio State.
Im picking Michigan to beat OSU, Texas would get the rank above them because CCG win. FSU COULD lose...but i don't think they will. Washington will beat Oregon again. Oregon has a very bad Defense.

Reactions: westx
Im picking Michigan to beat OSU, Texas would get the rank above them because CCG win. FSU COULD lose...but i don't think they will. Washington will beat Oregon again. Oregon has a very bad Defense.
I disagree on that one I think Oregon has a better defense.

If they jump us then what was the point of playing? That game was decided.
Because they are going to look at who is playing better right now and to me that's Bama. I'm with you, I don't think they should jump us because of head to head. I'm just preparing myself for some stupid ass logic they try to present to us.

Because they are going to look at who is playing better right now and to me that's Bama. I'm with you, I don't think they should jump us because of head to head. I'm just preparing myself for some stupid ass logic they try to present to us.
I don't watch the NFL because the teams are mostly the same except for a few good QBs. However, the NFL does it right. They can't have a beauty pageant because of the playoff system. The best teams play in the playoffs because of their *gasp* records. Cfb needs to ditch the sports writers and go to a defacto system. The playoff next year will render much of the polls mute. Win your conference and you are in.

Last edited:
And this playoff talk is moot-

Brooks is done. His entire career may be done (sadly). And Bax just isn't there yet. He hasn't learned what toughness is. Sure, you get him in the open field and he's a lightening bolt. But the minute he is faced with a pile up or traffic jam, he folds. It's a shame-- the kid is VERY talented.
So even if we DO run the table, Georgia will beat us like cake batter.
Yes- it would be great to get in. But having your ass handed to you isn't a good look. And if we can't run the football, Meatchicken and Harbaugh will pound us like they're on shore leave.

• Haha
Reactions: Belldozer1

Brooks is done. His entire career may be done (sadly). And Bax just isn't there yet. He hasn't learned what toughness is. Sure, you get him in the open field and he's a lightening bolt. But the minute he is faced with a pile up or traffic jam, he folds. It's a shame-- the kid is VERY talented.
Yes- it would be great to get in. But having your ass handed to you isn't a good look. And if we can't run the football, Meatchicken and Harbaugh will pound us like they're on shore leave.
Your last sentence. Jim Harbaugh has never won when it mattered most and that includes his time with the 49ers. Actually he's like his mentor Bo Schembechler always losing his biggest game.

Brooks will be missed..but even at bama he rushed for like 58 yards and a TD. Didn't exactly carry the team. I think our team would surprise some ppl in the playoffs.

Brooks will be missed..but even at bama he rushed for like 58 yards and a TD. Didn't exactly carry the team. I think our team would surprise some ppl in the playoffs.
Objectively, if we played Alabama this weekend instead of earlier in the season, would we win that game?

I agree, I just don’t see the Big 12 getting in

It would be a dog fight.
I agree for the first half. I think it would look a lot like the LSU - Bama game. We'd be tight at the half and then we'd get crushed after the half once Satan and his minions made their halftime adjustments.
Milroe is nowhere near the same dude we saw in week 2.

I do think that game would force Sark to keep his foot on the gas and not try to go into clock burn mode and that could make a difference in the 2nd half.

No way the OhioSt/Mich or Ore/Wash or Bama/UGA loser finishes ahead of us we if win out. We're Texas, not BoiseSt. No way a 11-1 or 12-1 team above that sits idle or doesn't win the conference finishes ahead of a 12-1 Texas team that wins the Big 12. No matter how ugly we win or SEC bias.

Best case for us to get a playoff spot: FSU falls. I doubt the Gators can get them, but maybe Louisville. A 12-1 Louisville does not pass a 12-1 Texas.

Oregon State is the wild card here. They are #10 with games left against Wash/Oregon. This is their last parting shot against long time rivals, so I expect their best the next two weeks. If they beat Oregon, the Ducks are out no matter what. If they beat Wash, and the Huskies come back to win the Pac title game, then it becomes a toss up on whether the committee picks a 12-1 Texas or a 12-1 UW conference champ.

Idk if Brooks is done man, have you not seen the Michigan running back he came back for his last year granted he hasn't rushed like he did last year but his TD total is pretty much on par as last and averaging 5.2 yards compared to 5.9 last season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT