ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard Arrested

And I'll say it...I hope they do.

Charlie strong and Shaka smart were by all accounts great human beings. But I need that stuff on the field and on the court to be right. Sark seems to be a good dude, and I personally see it coming together. Mack was a great dude. But I wasn't us to win. I ain't going home with these people. Jimmy Johnson was not a great human but he won, and that's the bottom line.

Belmont is spinning their wheels in "woke" mud right now. BOR knows that Texas is a bellcow for wokeness, and battering women doesn't just fall into the "woke" bucket of "sh!t that won't be tolerated"-- but it also falls into pretty much everyone's "sh!t that won't be tolerated" buckets too.

Texas is also cornered because the school backed the #MeToo movement to the hilt, as well as the "believe every woman" mantra.

So if they manage to groom Chris's fiance into shutting the fvck up, she could still be subpoenaed to testify against Chris. They ain't married. If he marries her, she can't testify against him-- if she doesn't want to.

The PR monster in Belmont has surely sat her down, explained to her that they will both be going to private, in house counseling- she's going to be promised a back door annuity by a donor if she sticks around and keeps her yap shut. Belmont will tell them if it happens again, they'll both be dragged into court and sued for every penny they've ever had or will have. They'll be told to STFU and get along for a year, then she can bounce. If they think they can't stay under the same roof, a hotel suite somewhere has her name on it.... bottom line, if Beard was going to be sh!t canned, it would have happened by now.
I may be wrong- I have been before-- but I know Belmont. Those sneaky mother fvckers are trying to smooth this over.
I would add to this that we are now married to a private equity firm that will rape the athletic department if we can't fill the seats at the MC a la Shaka style. In my mind, this has already taken place. The BOR sat down with the woke sh!tbirds in Belmont and told them, "Do you like your cushy job?" Well if you don't shut your stupid mouths, you won't have a job because all the profit from football is going to pay the ROI to Oak View Group for building our dysfunctional university a one of a kind arena. Our meal ticket is Chris Beard... HE WINS BASKETBALL games and we don't care if his crazy gf is trying to pressure him into marriage or not. We need the revenue and some jackass diversity hire isn't going to cut it anymore. The virtue signaling is over. We HAVE TO HAVE RESULTS!

I like Beard and I like the current active coaching staff. If Beard is cleared and comes back, awesome. If not, I'll go with whatever the team likes/wants, that will keep them together and the recruits coming.

This a great to see…..we need this young man!!

Something to keep in mind Rodney Terry does a lot of the recruiting(as he did when he was here under Barnes) so no one is going anywhere. I suspect that Beard is done for the season and he will come back next year when the heat is off and the dust clears a little bit.

Everyone talks about how Chris Beard turned this program around in two years. That’s not really the tallest task in todays era. With the transfer portal and freshman contributing right away basketball programs can and should be turned around fairly quickly. It’s not like football where you need a couple years to develop players

If Texas does have to move on for Chris Beard they’ll be fine. There is more than one good basketball coach in this country

Reactions: outhereincali
Something to keep in mind Rodney Terry does a lot of the recruiting(as he did when he was here under Barnes) so no one is going anywhere. I suspect that Beard is done for the season and he will come back next year when the heat is off and the dust clears a little bit.

Everyone talks about how Chris Beard turned this program around in two years. That’s not really the tallest task in todays era. With the transfer portal and freshman contributing right away basketball programs can and should be turned around fairly quickly. It’s not like football where you need a couple years to develop players

If Texas does have to move on for Chris Beard they’ll be fine. There is more than one good basketball coach in this country
A new year, and KCHorn posts that Beard sucks.

His hearing is later this month. I think he'll be back sooner.

• Haha
Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Where did I say Beard sucks?
You convinced me again. On 2nd reading, the following was a warm compliment that belongs on a Hallmark card.

You convinced me again. On 2nd reading, the following was a warm compliment that belongs on a Hallmark card.

I didn’t say he sucke though. I just simply pointed out that turning around a program in one year in tofsy a transfer portal environment isn’t that big of an achievement. Look at what Dennis Gates at Missouri they were 16-10 last year. They are 12-1 right now in year 1 of gates.

And did Beard really “turn the program around” last year? In 2021 we won the conference tournament and lost in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament. Overall we were 19-8 11-6 in conference play.

In 2022 we were 22-12 10-8 in conference didn’t win the conference tournament and lost in the 2nd round of the tournament. Does that classify a “turnaround?” If it does I guess the bar is fairly low.

I know Beard was everyone’s wet dream candidate so he’s been placed on this pedestal, but let’s put it in perspective. This program would be ok if they elect to move on from Beard.

I didn’t say he sucke though. I just simply pointed out that turning around a program in one year in tofsy a transfer portal environment isn’t that big of an achievement. Look at what Dennis Gates at Missouri they were 16-10 last year. They are 12-1 right now in year 1 of gates.

And did Beard really “turn the program around” last year? In 2021 we won the conference tournament and lost in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament. Overall we were 19-8 11-6 in conference play.

In 2022 we were 22-12 10-8 in conference didn’t win the conference tournament and lost in the 2nd round of the tournament. Does that classify a “turnaround?” If it does I guess the bar is fairly low.

I know Beard was everyone’s wet dream candidate so he’s been placed on this pedestal, but let’s put it in perspective. This program would be ok if they elect to move on from Beard.
For the first year it was a really good year I thought. The Big 12 was brutal last year. My expectations were to win a tournament game last year and they did just that. This year I would say it’s make the sweet 16 at a minimum.

Sounds like you had some pretty high standards for a first year coach.

For the first year it was a really good year I thought. The Big 12 was brutal last year. My expectations were to win a tournament game last year and they did just that. This year I would say it’s make the sweet 16 at a minimum.

Sounds like you had some pretty high standards for a first year coach.
No I really didn’t. I’m just simply saying this wasn’t the miraculous turnaround that some are claiming it to be, and Chris Beard isn’t some miracle worker who can’t be replaced. He’s a good basketball coach, but he’s replaceable if need be. All I’m saying.

Wow Beard fired. I’m guessing Texas did some of their own investigating and didn’t like what they found.
Kind of surprising but not surprising. The longer this dragged out, the more I thought he could skate. OK KChorn - who do you want? Terry or go outside? If outside, what is the wish list? I would give SERIOUS thought to Pitino. He is the closest thing to a sure thing out there. He's got baggage. But biting a fiancee > hiring hookers for recruits. And I bet 2300 Nueces would even get on board - give him a call!

Kind of surprising but not surprising. The longer this dragged out, the more I thought he could skate. OK KChorn - who do you want? Terry or go outside? If outside, what is the wish list? I would give SERIOUS thought to Pitino. He is the closest thing to a sure thing out there. He's got baggage. But biting a fiancee > hiring hookers for recruits. And I bet 2300 Nueces would even get on board - give him a call!
I wouldn’t be against Terry if we finish the season strong… I’m wait and see on him.

If I were CDC I’d go big game hunting first.
Jay Wright
John Calipari(might be time for he and UK to part ways)

If I couldn’t get a big name.

I’d go Jarome Tang K state
Dennis Gates Missouri
Brad Underwood U of I

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Wright, or Sampson, or GTFO.
The thing about Sampson is he’s gonna be 68 next year. How much longer is he going to coach?

A couple others. Eric Mussleman was actually my top target last time.
Another guy who got consideration last time. Was Royal Ivey. If you put a strong recruiting staff around him he could be good

The thing about Sampson is he’s gonna be 68 next year. How much longer is he going to coach?

A couple others. Eric Mussleman was actually my top target last time.
Another guy who got consideration last time. Was Royal Ivey. If you put a strong recruiting staff around him he could be good
Jesus how time flies. I didn’t realize he was that old.

Wait...Royal is coaching? How’s he doing?

I wouldn’t be against Terry if we finish the season strong… I’m wait and see on him.

If I were CDC I’d go big game hunting first.
Jay Wright
John Calipari(might be time for he and UK to part ways)

If I couldn’t get a big name.

I’d go Jarome Tang K state
Dennis Gates Missouri
Brad Underwood U of I
Taking the KSU coach would be funny. “Oh hey K State, congrats on beating us, NOW GIMME DAT COACH!” 😂

Reactions: horn wild
Jay Wright is your first, second and third call. After that, pitino and Sampson. Musselman was on my list last time too, but he's probably fine where he is. Calipari would create a buzz, but the knock on him currently is the knock on jimbo-- his stuff is outdated. After that, I dunno.... I liked hoiberg but seems to be a cap on how far his teams go. There's somebody in forgetting-- oats maybe, but that may have been before Alabama got him.

I AM NOT OKAY WITH RODNEY TERRY! LET'S CUT THAT CRAP NOW!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT