ADVERTISEMENT

Clay Helton survives again

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
A few hours ago the new SC athletic director announced that Clay Helton will be back in 2020. My guess is that the admissions scandal at SC is priority numbers 1-10 it's engulfed the school. I think the their new President and ad finally stopped dragging their feet. And who knows maybe Bru McCoy will finally get to play provided her doesn't chance his mind again.

I think that it makes sense to bring Helton back. SC played well down the stretch and I think that the players like him. Also consider who is out there in the available pool as a potential replacement. Not much of an upgrade.

I think that it makes sense to bring Helton back. SC played well down the stretch and I think that the players like him. Also consider who is out there in the available pool as a potential replacement. Not much of an upgrade.

It also helps provide better chance to keep their OC.

I don't know if it will happen but I would like to see an SC/TX matchup in the Alamo Bowl. Those 2 games we played them were exciting and entertaining.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Harrell did a terrific job with the USC offense this year. Especially playing 3 QBs two with no significant experience. Will be interesting to see if UT can outbid the Trojans.

It's been reported that Harrell would still be interested in Texas if Helton were retained. He and his wife are from Texas and want to return to the area.

True and you proved it by outbidding everyone for your current coach and Coach Strong before that

Exactly this, what good does it do if they're the wrong coach. If they want to throw money around they should have went all in on Urban instead of buying a bunch of coordinators.

ADVERTISEMENT