ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Self of Kansas Pay for Play

westx

Dec 6, 2009
Damn, there is a lot going on with a lot of different names. I guy name Gatto from Adidas is the only one charged that I read. Adidas was apparently aiding those schools who it sponsors-Kansas, NC State, Miami and Louisville. Crazy stuff. There are plea deals, wire taps by the FBI, and apparently some "we good?" type of speak through texts with Coach Self. I was really hoping Texas dethroned Kansas in basketball the hard way and not by a weakened KU. I swear you can't make this stuff up. Hhttp://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-made-request-kansas-jayhawks-coach-bill-selfello SEC foozball.

Damn, there is a lot going on with a lot of different names. I guy name Gatto from Adidas is the only one charged that I read. Adidas was apparently aiding those schools who it sponsors-Kansas, NC State, Miami and Louisville. Crazy stuff. There are plea deals, wire taps by the FBI, and apparently some "we good?" type of speak through texts with Coach Self. I was really hoping Texas dethroned Kansas in basketball the hard way and not by a weakened KU. I swear you can't make this stuff up. Hhttp://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-made-request-kansas-jayhawks-coach-bill-selfello SEC foozball.

Between the FBI, NCAA and FB problems , its changed forever, its not FB or BB anymore, some strange games, makes ya wonder how some of these teams win all the time, not the FB I grew up with..all the rule changes has damaged it badly.

Hook'em

If you haven't been keeping up with the trial its pretty interesting. It seems that the strategy of the shoe company guys and their bag men is that what they were doing wasn't illegal just a violation of NCAA rules so they are getting on the stand and spilling the beans on everything that they have been doing.

If you haven't been keeping up with the trial its pretty interesting. It seems that the strategy of the shoe company guys and their bag men is that what they were doing wasn't illegal just a violation of NCAA rules so they are getting on the stand and spilling the beans on everything that they have been doing.
Crazy little thing they seem to have forgotten---

Income tax.

If I hand you $80,000 in cash, it's your responsibility to pat taxes on it. If you don't.......... these folks will eventually be raked over the coals by the IRS.

The fbi is the least of their problems.

You are right. Fraud? Who is defrauded? The player who got paid? The school that got the player? I agree with the bag men - there is a difference between breaking NCAA rules and breaking the law. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Clob is right about the IRS, but that will be a different case.

Reactions: freeper
Not an expert on tax law but I would think the parents and players are the ones who would be in trouble with the IRS since the players weren't employees of the shoe companies.

I thought that shaka zulu was the savior of Longhorn BB and gonna take us to Big final four? What happen?

Hook'em

Income tax.

If I hand you $80,000 in cash, it's your responsibility to pat taxes on it. If you don't.......... these folks will eventually be raked over the coals by the IRS.

There is so much money going under the table in sports now, you could buy your own country!

Hook'em

Not an expert on tax law but I would think the parents and players are the ones who would be in trouble with the IRS since the players weren't employees of the shoe companies.
And when the IRS comes asking for its taxes and you don't have it, you offer up who gave you the money, to keep the IRS off your back. They in turn, tell the fbi who gave you the money..... the fbi then drills you.

Don't kid yourselves. Nothing is going to happen. This will all be swept under the rug. This is the cue to cheat or be left behind.

Don't kid yourselves. Nothing is going to happen. This will all be swept under the rug. This is the cue to cheat or be left behind.
And that is the horse sh!t part of all this. The big wheels of the college sports money mint just keep pressing out those dolla bills and the department of treasury looks over at the department of Justice and says "Hey uh fellas, this little endeavor we got going on over here generates BILLIONS of dollars of tax revenue annually..... so let's not throw TOO big of a monkey wrench into it..... K?".

Billions and billions and billions and billions of dollars folks. College sports has literally become........ too big to fail. And that's no bullsh!t.

Income tax.

Addias could have had them as non tax deductible expenses. and therefore did pay tax on them. The recipients are the ones the IRS will deal with. That's one way to show this down is to have the IRS go fill guns after the recruits who received the money and their handlers. Make a few examples out of some and you might see some real change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT