ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado to meet with Big XII officials this week

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
It's not exactly news that Brett Yormark is serious about going after the 4 corner state schools and I think it's only a matter of time before he scoops them all up.

When this happens the Big XII might be able to compete in college fb. Deion Sanders would bring instance name recognition for coaches and Utah is begining to rise. And they can bring an instant end of the season rivalry with BYU. AZ will be great for Big XII bb.

The big loser in all this is the Pac XII. Everyone thought it would be the Big XII but they were wrong. The Pac XII will be dead in 2 years. USC and UCLA leaving for the Big X was the death knell.

And you really can't blame them. The Pac XII TV deal was disastrous. And later on this year I think WA and OR will announce they too will be heading to the Big X. Then you have ST and CA. They posture that the Big XII schools don't match the Pac XII's academic standing. And now they're left holding the bag. They'll probably go independent. And ORS and WS will probably have to go to the Mountain West. By 2025 the Pac XII will be no more.

I put the end of the Pac XII squarely on the shoulders of Larry Scott. George Kliavkoff is weak. But Brett Yormark has saved the Big XII.

Agree on Yormark 100%. If Brett Yormark had been our commissioner instead of Bob Blowsby, the Big XII would still have Texas, OU, Nebraska and ATM. He is a miracle worker.

Reactions: dcervantesjr
It's not exactly news that Brett Yormark is serious about going after the 4 corner state schools and I think it's only a matter of time before he scoops them all up.

When this happens the Big XII might be able to compete in college fb. Deion Sanders would bring instance name recognition for coaches and Utah is begining to rise. And they can bring an instant end of the season rivalry with BYU. AZ will be great for Big XII bb.

The big loser in all this is the Pac XII. Everyone thought it would be the Big XII but they were wrong. The Pac XII will be dead in 2 years. USC and UCLA leaving for the Big X was the death knell.

And you really can't blame them. The Pac XII TV deal was disastrous. And later on this year I think WA and OR will announce they too will be heading to the Big X. Then you have ST and CA. They posture that the Big XII schools don't match the Pac XII's academic standing. And now they're left holding the bag. They'll probably go independent. And ORS and WS will probably have to go to the Mountain West. By 2025 the Pac XII will be no more.

I put the end of the Pac XII squarely on the shoulders of Larry Scott. George Kliavkoff is weak. But Brett Yormark has saved the Big XII.
Good post. The Big 12 is turning out to be a very good conference. Not quite P5, but very good.

• Haha
Reactions: 2300 Nueces
Agree on Yormark 100%. If Brett Yormark had been our commissioner instead of Bob Blowsby, the Big XII would still have Texas, OU, Nebraska and ATM. He is a miracle worker.
No aTM was leaving even if Pete Rozelle was commissioner. Missouri had long been hiking her skirt to the B1G

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT