ADVERTISEMENT

Dang it's always almost in basketball

We get bounced by Okie lite and there's no way we get in. It would take a Flippin computer error miracle.

Reactions: EyesOnTexas
Lunardi is an idiot. We need two more wins at minimum, and even then things could go sideways if the wrong teams win games.

Reactions: EyesOnTexas
Tomorrow vs West Virginia is CRUCIAl. I know Ketch gives Shaka a pass. I say sack the hell up, come up with a game plan and beat the Moutaineer pressure, or score under 50 and head to the NIT.

The win over WV puts the Horns in the "last four in" category of a number of the predictors brackets.

A win over ISU on Wednesday night should go a long way in determining the Horns inclusion in the Tourney.

Just take care of business in this one and Texas can go dancing !

Reactions: westx
The win over WV puts the Horns in the "last four in" category of a number of the predictors brackets.

A win over ISU on Wednesday night should go a long way in determining the Horns inclusion in the Tourney.

Just take care of business in this one and Texas can go dancing !
Lunardi is typically dead on. He's got Texas, Baylor, Bama and USC as last 4 in. I would think that Texas or BU will get in but not likely both. I am stunned he has Bama in last 4. They are 17-14 and have finished the regular season on 5 game losing streak.
If Texas beats ISU ticket is definitely punched. Losing to the worst team in the league would make selection Sunday dicey.

Reactions: UT88Hookem
Lunardi is typically dead on. He's got Texas, Baylor, Bama and USC as last 4 in. I would think that Texas or BU will get in but not likely both. I am stunned he has Bama in last 4. They are 17-14 and have finished the regular season on 5 game losing streak.
If Texas beats ISU ticket is definitely punched. Losing to the worst team in the league would make selection Sunday dicey.
From the BU side - we get a bye in the first round then play WVU, who has beaten us twice (once badly). I think we would've been better off playing ISU and at least getting win in first preliminary round. There are 4 teams that are 8-10 in conference play, 3 of them are 18-13, and one is 18-12. They ain't all getting in. This will come down to who wins their first round games.

From the BU side - we get a bye in the first round then play WVU, who has beaten us twice (once badly). I think we would've been better off playing ISU and at least getting win in first preliminary round. There are 4 teams that are 8-10 in conference play, 3 of them are 18-13, and one is 18-12. They ain't all getting in. This will come down to who wins their first round games.
That's true. The flip side of that is you get an opportunity to beat a ranked team and pretty much clinch a berth in the NCAA.
Fortunately for Texas and Baylor they are getting nice credit for the wins over OU even though they have turned into hot garbage.

what in hell does it matter?...Every time this team hits the floor....every. damned. time they win if they hit the 3 pointers and lose if they dont. We have no offensive strategy that I can see. We beat WV hitting 57% of our 3 pointers. Think we can do that 3 games in a row?

Reactions: horn wild
Who said we are getting nice credit over blowu? We sweep them and the Big 12 is a tough conference every game is a battle. So 8 teams will get in this year tcu will go into the NIT where they won it last year and Iowa State will be sitting at home. Unless tcu wins the tourney then it gets interesting and blowu will probably be out.

Who said we are getting nice credit over blowu? We sweep them and the Big 12 is a tough conference every game is a battle. So 8 teams will get in this year tcu will go into the NIT where they won it last year and Iowa State will be sitting at home. Unless tcu wins the tourney then it gets interesting and blowu will probably be out.
You don't think TCU is getting into tourney? By all current projections they are even if they don't win a conf tourney game.

As the prior two posters have noted...TCU will.be in the field no matter what they do in the Big XII Tourney.

One (possibly two) of Texas, BU, OSU or OU will be on the "outside looking in" when the Tourney Brackets are released this coming Sunday.

It's simply what's going to happen. So Big XII games on Wednesday and/or Thursday will play a role in that decision.

it'll be interesting to see what they do with oklahoma. by no real measure should they get in. and i'm not pounding the rival here-- they've just struggled mightily in the last month or so. BUT the ncaa tournament is the ncaa's biggest money maker. AND that kid is the one kid espn has consistently pushed as the face of college basketball this year, and perhaps deservedly, perhaps not. i don't know. so, will the tournament committee bow down to star power and put oklahoma in with the hope that young goes on a steph curry binge? or do they stand by the belief that the tournament sells itself? for the record, i do believe the tournament sells itself, but if young goes nuts a few rounds and builds a buzz, i would look for a ratings spike.

i know what would happen if david stern were on the committee. just saying.

it'll be interesting to see what they do with oklahoma. by no real measure should they get in. and i'm not pounding the rival here-- they've just struggled mightily in the last month or so. BUT the ncaa tournament is the ncaa's biggest money maker. AND that kid is the one kid espn has consistently pushed as the face of college basketball this year, and perhaps deservedly, perhaps not. i don't know. so, will the tournament committee bow down to star power and put oklahoma in with the hope that young goes on a steph curry binge? or do they stand by the belief that the tournament sells itself? for the record, i do believe the tournament sells itself, but if young goes nuts a few rounds and builds a buzz, i would look for a ratings spike.

Based on the last 10 games, one of the holy metrics spouted by committee, OU does not deserve a spot. They have gone 3-7 in their last 10. Several were blowouts. Finished tied for 6th in the conference --- or tied for 9th, depending on how you look at it. And it seems to me that the more ESPN has promoted Young, the worse he has gotten - a high volume of bad shots (and turnovers) to get those 29 ppg. Common sense tells me that the coaches got a read on Young and OU, and have adjusted. OU hasn't adjusted (at least yet). Regardless, someone has to get in the tournament, and he is the most marketable name out there.

Reactions: HornDrummer
Sorry tcu will make the tourney. All we need to do is win tomorrow and we are in that's it. Blowu is going to need to do some work to get in.

Last edited:
Today? I believe it’s tomorrow. If we lose today, we’ve got serious problems.

I cant remember a time recently where they are predicting so many 12+ loss teams will make it in (very likely 13-14 losses since unlikely any of these teams will win conf tourney). Lunardi has Bama in his last 4 in and they have been worse than OU to finish the regular season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT