ADVERTISEMENT

Davis Love III's open letter to PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan

BattleshipTexas

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2001
Dear Jay,

Robin and I continue to pray for your health and well-being, and your family. I have been fortunate in my career to be a Player Director for five terms and work in the board room with you, Deane Beman and Tim Finchem, and I’ve watched the incredible growth of the PGA TOUR throughout my career.

Our three commissioners have one critical, common trait: the unwavering goal of basing all decisions on what’s best for the players, sponsors, loyal fans, and the game, as well as generating millions of dollars for charity. This growth has only been possible because our commissioners and the Independent Board Directors have always guided us to sound business decisions, and player input has been central to those decision, as the Player Directors have an equal voice and votes, to approve or deny our path forward.

I am confident and trust that any decisions – in the future as in the past – will have the same due process and player input. Jay, as you have said, Rules made by the Players, for the Players. If we are patient and work together we will achieve the best result for our Tour, and our partners and fans. As always, you, the players and the Policy Board have my full support.

Sincerely,
Davis Love III

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/da...r-players-calling-patience-wake-pif-agreement

Reactions: dzsmvk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News