ADVERTISEMENT

Dear aggies

If I could get rid of the yell leaders I would. I don’t mind the beginning of football games, but dear Lord I wish we could have cheerleaders, or at least get rid of the milkmen outfits
I think a lot of aggies think like you. The university seems to have given them more power and more prominence over the years it seems. I am willing to bet that when the tradition started it wasn’t what it is now. I have an aggie friend where we jokingly/seriously say that the football team will not win a championship until they install even a small pompom squad and cheerleader squad and the yell leaders take a minor role

Nope they're re launching it. It will be free and part of the SEC network..it won't host any games either.

I hope they bring back the game cast with Craig way on the call.
Actually it's like to see Craig Way do okay by play on network tv. He deserves the opportunity.

If I could get rid of the yell leaders I would. I don’t mind the beginning of football games, but dear Lord I wish we could have cheerleaders, or at least get rid of the milkmen outfits
You have some pretty pom girls at games, right? They should be showcased more. But, it's hard to break tradition. I've known some old ags that are still upset that atm let females enroll and in the corp.

You have some pretty pom girls at games, right? They should be showcased more. But, it's hard to break tradition. I've known some old ags that are still upset that atm let females enroll and in the corp.
When it comes to women aggies are known for 3 things. Cheerful, gullible, and not very good at sex. To be honest only 2 of those things are true.

Thanks for sending this! I think it really shows something disturbing below the surface.

This is just my take on this:

Olin Buchanan should be ashamed of himself for writing an article like this. This guy (as I understand) came up with some "journalistic credentials." I believe worked for the Statesman, was a former columnist, and to come off like a jilted teenager, isn't becoming of him. He's not a dude sitting in his parents' basement in front of this laptop in his underwear, he supposed to have a certain amount of integrity.

It's one thing to express your opinion, but most people with a journalistic background, wouldn't be talking like this. Sending out inflammatory language like "Judas" " traitor" and being a "marked man" is irresponsible.

We all have problems with journalism, and with guys like Kirk Bohls, or Cedric Golden, Chip Brown, or any other columnist from a paper, but I can't imagine those guys ever writing an article like this--and using language like this that is intended to be polemical and inflammatory.

I get it that it's a wrag like Texags, but Buchanan has really lost it completely. I would understand it more if he was a student writing for the student paper, but he still passes himself off like an adult, and his reputation (if he had one) has really been damaged beyond repair.

A&M folks used to always blame Tech fans for acting like children--after this episode, they've shown that they're right down in the pits with them. Their hypocrisy is monumental.

A&M must hate you guys so much right now. lol...

Like just seething, black, bottomless pit, rage.

I mean they hated you guys before, but this, man.... this incomprehensible betrayal... this is the last fvcking straw.. lol..

so delicious. please keep doing sh!t like this to them forever.

Their reporters are also die hard fans which makes it impossible for them to ever see the other side of the coin and they think they work for the University. That's why they are always off or taken by surprise when they don't get a recruit or something goes against them. They see everything through maroon glasses and only get one side of the info. It's like watching CNN.

A&M must hate you guys so much right now. lol...

Like just seething, black, bottomless pit, rage.

I mean they hated you guys before, but this, man.... this incomprehensible betrayal... this is the last fvcking straw.. lol..

so delicious. please keep doing sh!t like this to them forever.
How dare a coach change jobs. They think he's been recruiting their players away from them before he left and tampered with them. I would love for them to try and sue him. It's like they forget that he worked for them for 4 years and probably has knowledge of things A&M has done that is not quite legal. I would hate for him to expose any of it.

Thanks for sending this! I think it really shows something disturbing below the surface.

This is just my take on this:

Olin Buchanan should be ashamed of himself for writing an article like this. This guy (as I understand) came up with some "journalistic credentials." I believe worked for the Statesman, was a former columnist, and to come off like a jilted teenager, isn't becoming of him. He's not a dude sitting in his parents' basement in front of this laptop in his underwear, he supposed to have a certain amount of integrity.

It's one thing to express your opinion, but most people with a journalistic background, wouldn't be talking like this. Sending out inflammatory language like "Judas" " traitor" and being a "marked man" is irresponsible.

We all have problems with journalism, and with guys like Kirk Bohls, or Cedric Golden, Chip Brown, or any other columnist from a paper, but I can't imagine those guys ever writing an article like this--and using language like this that is intended to be polemical and inflammatory.

I get it that it's a wrag like Texags, but Buchanan has really lost it completely. I would understand it more if he was a student writing for the student paper, but he still passes himself off like an adult, and his reputation (if he had one) has really been damaged beyond repair.

A&M folks used to always blame Tech fans for acting like children--after this episode, they've shown that they're right down in the pits with them. Their hypocrisy is monumental.
Oooooo great word. "Polemical". Haven't used that one in a while. Adding that one back into my sesquipedalic lexicon.

Reactions: aarontxex
Yeah Pom girls are ok, but it’s just time to let that tradition go of the yell leaders. I don’t mind at the beginning of the games to run through their yells, but stopping the momentum of the games to quiet everyone down before a yell sucks. Bring on the cheersleaders! I’m an older Ag that just turned fifty so I get the tradition, but making new traditions isn’t a killer.

Yeah Pom girls are ok, but it’s just time to let that tradition go of the yell leaders. I don’t mind at the beginning of the games to run through their yells, but stopping the momentum of the games to quiet everyone down before a yell sucks. Bring on the cheersleaders! I’m an older Ag that just turned fifty so I get the tradition, but making new traditions isn’t a killer.
But who’s gonna tell the Ole Rock stories at the Midnight Costume Party???!!

BBA, I have several Aggie friends that feel the same way. I’m 55 so they’re in your age range and they typically like the traditions but feel like those clowns are a tradition that needs to fade into the sunset. Realistically, do you think the powers that be would let them go by the wayside?

But who’s gonna tell the Ole Rock stories at the Midnight Costume Party???!!

BBA, I have several Aggie friends that feel the same way. I’m 55 so they’re in your age range and they typically like the traditions but feel like those clowns are a tradition that needs to fade into the sunset. Realistically, do you think the powers that be would let them go by the wayside?
It would be a big move to cut them out. Again, maybe it could be a slow fade and just add some things such as cheerleaders and then pull back how much they can do. Take them away from basketball completely and maybe just certain times at football games. I don’t think it will happen though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT