ADVERTISEMENT

Decision Day Is Here....

freeper

Jan 6, 2005
For those of you following my last thread about my son's college decision, the boy has made his choice.....

and he's off to become a part of the proud tradition of the "Ramblin' Wreck".....With his interest in pursuing Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Tech was simply the best choice. I'm already getting crap from a friend of mine who went to Georgia. This should be fun for the next few years. Especially if Tech can steal one from the bastiges in Athens....

I will now begin accumulating UGA Bulldogs jokes so if you have any, send them my way. Thanks for all the input on the previous thread.

For those of you following my last thread about my son's college decision, the boy has made his choice.....

and he's off to become a part of the proud tradition of the "Ramblin' Wreck".....With his interest in pursuing Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Tech was simply the best choice. I'm already getting crap from a friend of mine who went to Georgia. This should be fun for the next few years. Especially if Tech can steal one from the bastiges in Athens....

I will now begin accumulating UGA Bulldogs jokes so if you have any, send them my way. Thanks for all the input on the previous thread.

Congrats!

Congrats! Make sure he pays off the student loans before he acquires any additional debt. Debt is modern day slavery.

Reactions: freeper
Congrats! Make sure he pays off the student loans before he acquires any additional debt. Debt is modern day slavery.

@2300 Nueces Amen!! Fortunately we can afford to help the boy out some. If we have it figured correctly he should graduate with a little less than a car payment per month in debt. Sadly I have a niece who went to a low rent Div III liberal arts school, ran up 80k in debt and got a useless "studies" degree. She can barely make payments on it.

Tell him congrats, have fun, no babies, no bugs, no ugly women.

Part of the talk he'll get several times before he leaves....you want to ensure success? Get your degree, get married, THEN have kids....or as Uncle Clob put it....no babies, no bugs, no ugly broads....and no dope!! Stay focused.....and I'm already taking crap from an old buddy of mine who went to UGA. Anyone have any derogatory references for Athens High School?

Father to son: "son I want you to go off to Georgia Tech and do well in school so you'll be able to say "to hell with Georgia!" from the suburbs instead of "go dawgs!" from the trailer park.

An old man on his death bed was speaking to his family-- "folks, I want to make one last request. I would like the entire Georgia football team to be my pall bearers at my funeral."
The family says "grandpa, why would you want the entire Georgia football team to be your pall bearers?"
Gramps replied "so I can be let down one last time."

My favorite, told to me by Bob Pittard, the recruiting coordinator as Georgia-
So there I am, standing in the box at the stadium, waiting for the boys to run out the tunnel. On my left is the university president. In traditional fashion, UGA, our bulldog mascot, lead the team out of the tunnel and onto the field. UGA runs right to midfield and sits down, hikes his leg up and proceeds to lick his balls on national TV. The university president turns, looks at me and says "Damn Bobby, I wish I could do that."
I replied to him "I don't know prez, I think UGA might bite you."

Part of the talk he'll get several times before he leaves....you want to ensure success? Get your degree, get married, THEN have kids....or as Uncle Clob put it....no babies, no bugs, no ugly broads....and no dope!! Stay focused.....and I'm already taking crap from an old buddy of mine who went to UGA. Anyone have any derogatory references for Athens High School?

Dang - according to this site, it sounds like the Georgia Bulldogs are to Ga. Tech what ATM is to UT.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/337334-u-of-georgia-football-jokes/

Congrats to your son - can't go wrong with that school and major.

@diadevic thanks!! Yeah the rivalry is called "clean, old-fashioned hate". Two of Tech's fight songs refer to UGA and generally speaking, the Georgia fans are viewed in the same light as we view Sooner fans. (Trailer dwellers, not Nazis like Aggsy). Georgia is way ahead in the rivalry in all time wins 64-41-5 but Tech has 4 undisputed National Championships where Georgia has only 2.

Reactions: diadevic
@diadevic thanks!! Yeah the rivalry is called "clean, old-fashioned hate". Two of Tech's fight songs refer to UGA and generally speaking, the Georgia fans are viewed in the same light as we view Sooner fans. (Trailer dwellers, not Nazis like Aggsy). Georgia is way ahead in the rivalry in all time wins 64-41-5 but Tech has 4 undisputed National Championships where Georgia has only 2.

Georgia actually has one valid MNC, as far as I'm concerned. UGA claims the 1942 MNC, but they weren't No. 1 in the AP poll that year. (Unfortunately, GT is guilty of the same, claiming the MNC for 1952, when they weren't No. 1 in either the AP or UPI poll.)

get him a copy of "The Richest Man in Babylon" and make him read it.....

I too have also made a decision that will impact the remainder of my years on this planet.

On this fine Cinco de Mayo . . . I will be drinking Modelo this evening.
:)

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT