ADVERTISEMENT

Delimma

speedstrength

Mar 5, 2008
I recently accepted a position at an aggy system school. I got an email from the deans office requesting that we wear maroon for our official portrait photo. I don't own any maroon and I am torn as to buying a maroon shirt and subsequently burning it after the photo or just go with the standard blue job interview suit.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I recently accepted a position at an aggy system school. I got an email from the deans office requesting that we wear maroon for our official portrait photo. I don't own any maroon and I am torn as to buying a maroon shirt and subsequently burning it after the photo or just go with the standard blue job interview suit.
Blue interview shirt....never give in!

Reactions: LonghornMM

Go to Walmart buy a Maroon shirt, take the photo then take shirt back to Walmart and say it did not fit right and get refund

Easy fix.

By a white Nike shirt with a maroon swoosh on the chest. If boss pitches a fit simply tell him that he never specified how much maroon to wear and in point of fact, you are wearing maroon.

Well, I know it ain't TAMUK because they have been pissed about being part of aTm since it was forced on em.

My advise....it is for the job.....do what they ask 9-5 and do what you want the rest of the time. I have worn stuff I didnt like because it was work required......but....you dont have to smile for the damned photo!

Get a shirt that is maroonish but clearly not maroon. The colors clashing will make the photo look bad but you can claim to have tried to wear maroon.

I believe you should've posed a different question, at an earlier date. "Should I accept a position at an aggy system school?" To which the answer would've been a resounding...hell f*** naw have you lost your damn mind? Lol

Money just ranked A&M at #18 in the US, and the best school in Texas. Grow a pair and get the shirt. They won't make you wear it every day....trust me.

Sincerely,

2%'er Aggie Grad

There is no way that A&M is the 18th best University in the nation. That is just ridiculous. What was the criteria?

Reactions: LonghornMM
There is no way that A&M is the 18th best University in the nation. That is just ridiculous. What was the criteria?
18th best to get a quality education but not have a huge debt load when you leave. It's the "bang for your buck" argument. Yawn.

Reactions: DHHorn
Don't shoot the messenger.

The Best Colleges in America, Ranked by Value
Going to college shouldn’t mean a lifetime of debt. To find the schools that successfully combine quality and affordability, MONEY weighed more than 19,000 data points, including tuition fees, family borrowing, and career earnings.

http://money.com/money/best-colleges/

18th best to get a quality education but not have a huge debt load when you leave. It's the "bang for your buck" argument. Yawn.
A&M is situated between Yale and Duke. Schools above include Harvard, Berkeley, Stanford, MIT. Yawn huh?

A&M is situated between Yale and Duke. Schools above include Harvard, Berkeley, Stanford, MIT. Yawn huh?
There's no way to quantify an education on a cost basis analysis. This is simply published to do exactly what's happening now---- cause debates.

A great matrix to use would be "average starting salary upon graduation in certain fields" or lifetime earning per degree-- etc etc.

There's no way to quantify an education on a cost basis analysis. This is simply published to do exactly what's happening now---- cause debates.

A great matrix to use would be "average starting salary upon graduation in certain fields" or lifetime earning per degree-- etc etc.

Plus earnings immediately after undergrad which science/engineering degree heavy schools always top.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT