ADVERTISEMENT

Derrian Brown

^^^
From the little information out there about the tests that were being done post surgery medical people were speculating that the clot was elsewhere in the body and got dislodged. From what medical pundits are saying a year of no contact and blood thinners before you can start evaluating if he can return to football.

That makes sense based on what I have heard. The only tests I have heard about were regarding his heart. If you have an abnormal heart rhythm that can be the cause of clot formation in the heart that can then be pumped out of the heart and often goes to the brain.

I tell people it's like a bowl of jello. If you keep stirring it, it will stay liquid but if it's not moving very much it would become solid.

Depending on the cause blood thinners could be for a year or potentially life long.

This fundraising site has been reviewed and approved by the University of Texas in partnership with the NCAA. Donations made through this site will directly support Derrian Brown’s medical expenses. The University of Texas fans, donors and staff are permitted to contribute. Funds raised are subject to specific parameters to ensure NCAA compliance and Derrian’s family will work closely with The University of Texas to ensure such compliance. Please contact the Texas Athletics Risk Management and Compliance Services office at
512-471-8193 or compliance@athletics.utexas.edu should you have any questions about NCAA rules as it relates to this fundraiser. Thank you in advance for your support and contribution.

Jenna LeClere | Director, Risk Management and Compliance Services |

https://www.gofundme.com/derrian-br...m_campaign=p_email+1137-update-supporters-v5b

Reactions: westx
hes done with football. and that should really be the last thing anyone is concerned with.

Do you have a source, or talking out of the other side?

I don't know if anyone is concerned about football, but don't act like you know something unless you have a source that says it. He is already out of ICU and is walking and talking. I'm not holding my breath, for him, but you never know what the human body is capable of doing when motivated.

Reactions: LonghornMM
im not saying that i know anything special or that anyone is concerned with anything other than his health. Im just stating the obvious.

I think east is right. I hope like crazy that he can make a 100% recovery, but I cannot imagine him ever being cleared for contact.

What I'm hearing is the guy is already out of ICU and in a regular room and is up about and walking. I'm not going to rule out anything with regard to his recovery. Odds are against him, but I'm not going to rule out anything. My guess is if you ask our coaches, they would probably agree, but this isn't one of those things that can pop up again, or can reoccur with contact sports. I tend to believe at this point that this is is a critical issue that could have killed him, but now it's behind him and he can resume his life.

I'm not going to hold my breath that he will return, but if the doctors clear him to return I see no reason why he can't. The big question is will they clear him to play again? As a parent I know how I would guide my child in this matter, but I also know the will power of a young man like Derrian.

He seems to be mending and that's all we can hope for at this point. This will be one of the crappiest life lessons a young man with potential will ever have to learn.

Here's hoping he doesn't let would "could" have been actually effect what he's capable of.

Wow. Being 18 years old and having the weight of the world on your shoulders.

Count your blessings boys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT