ADVERTISEMENT

Do not do business with Maxwell Ford in South Austin

beamcoke&horns

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2006
A couple years ago we bought a Bronco sport from them. Did it mostly online, no big deal. A few months ago we went in to buy a mustang.
The guy I spoke with wouldn’t do much to wrap it up on the phone unless we came in. So we did. I told the guy we didn’t want their financing. He said he couldn’t give me the online price unless we did their financing. I told him no.
He went to talk to his manager and came back with the paper they do asking me to sign if I agree to this monthly payment. I asked him how he got to that payment. What’s the interest rate? He told me he wouldn’t know until they ran my credit. I asked him if that’s how it works? Just get a payment and make the rst of it fit to what you can sell?
I told him again, I want the price of the car and I’m going through my own bank(was planning on paying it off the next month, which I did). After a literal 4 hour process to buy a car for the price they he online with financing already secured. I told him and his manager this was the last time I would do business with them.
Last month I started getting emails from them about trading in the bronco for a new one. I responded to the email saying I already told you I’m not doing business with them again. Then I got a text from them, and told them the same thing.
Yesterday they called my 17 year old daughter and asked her to tell her mom and dad someone wants to buy the bronco so please have them call us.
I’m on my way to bitch the general manager out, but just wanted to give a psa about an Austin dealership calling kids to get to parents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News