Early TexAgs discussion of SEC and Texas vs A&M game

BattleshipTexas

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2001
From TexAgs:

Is the whole SEC overrated except Georgia? Man, i think we beat everyone on our schedule until the LSS. Who is better than "just good"?

We haven't exactly been impressive either. But yes, the SEC looks pretty average after the top two or three teams.

Texas is pretty decent. But lets face it, they'll choke and even if not, there is a ZERO % chance we let them leave Kyle Field with a W.

I don't see any team that doesn't stress Ewers out in the pocket having success. I think you have to sell out and hit him early and often. Otherwise he'll pick you apart.

They (Texas) certainly got an affirmative-action SEC schedule for their woke goofy selves. I'd say the question is do they finish with 1, 2, or 3 losses. Ewers gets super shaky under pressure, and their pass concepts aren't some elaborate scheme. Just takes good schematic defense like Washington, Iowa State, Oklahoma did to them last year. They're no better this year than last year.

Hard to say how Ewers is under pressure in 2024. We've seen him make bad decisions in the past but this year, in 2 easy wins, he's been willing to bury a pass into the turf to avoid making a mistake. Many QBs struggle to make that call, The question will be if he can continue that discipline when the game is on the line.

Real test for Ewers and rest of tu will be Georgia. They walked into neyland last yr and did not bat an eye after tenn broke decibel record on breakaway TD to start game. Proceeded to sledgehammer them and empty stadium at halftime. They will have same mentality at DKR. We will see if sips can compete at that level

Michigan isn't that much better than Colorado State.

Pure delusion. If you watched the tu game vs. Michigan, you saw an elite program with a true team culture and discipline - they dominated in all areas of the game. Hating on them won't change that. We look like a high school team (and not a very good one). I wouldn't got to Kyle Field to witness that blood bath for all the tea in China!

This happens every year... It will balance out. I will say that UGA and tu appear to be good. Who knows, Ewers injured? Ole Miss rips through? Tenn is a let down and NC state not good? Clemson to playoffs? Early week CFB is painful.

And mark my words, the Austinites will trip up vs a dipsheet opponent on top of big L to UGA. I hope the rivalry game at Kyle is for a CFP berth for both of us. But if nothing else, if they are 8-3 or 9-2, we can kill their season.

Agree Texas is going to get punched in the nose several x and by at least one very few expect .

Texas is going to be very competent, but I think a not insignificant part of their win against UM was a Michigan team which has lost a ton of both on-field and coaching talent. Past that, I don't think we can say with any degree of certainty on any of these teams to be contenders.

Yes. Michigan will not make a bowl gsme this year. Mark my words. ZERO offensive weapons. I tip my hat for dominating as they did on road. Never easy. But it was against a 5 win team.

They (Texas) are never as good as they are hyped to be. UGA will drop them by 3-4 scores. They'll slip up 1-2 times before us. We win on walk off FG.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.