ADVERTISEMENT

EOT

You don't know anything at all about LDS church and its history. And you make yourself look ignorant trying to be funny about something you know nothing about.

The southern Baptist church was found in part because of its support for slavery. Not anymore times have changed.

I don't see a denial in that response.

Just another deflection by Cali.

I know that the LDS past is linked to racism and that means it's still racist today.

I'm applying the logic you have used in your anti EOT rhetoric.

I don't see a denial in that response.

Just another deflection by Cali.

I know that the LDS past is linked to racism and that means it's still racist today.

I'm applying the logic you have used in your anti EOT rhetoric.
Deflection? I did answer your question the truth is complicated. The LDS does great things all over the world to people in need. There are at least a half dozen temples today on the African continent and I'm not talking about south Africa. And more are being built. The LDS church is making a footprint in Western Africa. And there are plans for temples in India, Indonesia, even China. And countries where there is no LDS presence we are asked to offer aid to people in need. That's because we are trusted to do what we are asked and not get involved in their affairs. The ban on priesthood lasted 135 years and ended in 1978. Times are changing for the better but 43 years isn't long enough to undo 135 years.

You know most LDS are republicans. But when disasters happen we load up the semis and bring aid to those in need. Food, clothes, medical care, and whatever else. We're usually the first ones there. Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Harvey, people who slammed doors in missionaries faces now embrace us because we were there.

So yeah your question and your weak gotcha have been answered. During the February freeze the LDS communities in Austin and Houston set up their meeting houses and brought hospice's there. It provided care to keep them out of that awful freeze. It could accommodate up to 60 patients and staff. Some members provided showers at their homes.

Did your church do that?

Deflection? I did answer your question the truth is complicated. The LDS does great things all over the world to people in need. There are at least a half dozen temples today on the African continent and I'm not talking about south Africa. And more are being built. The LDS church is making a footprint in Western Africa. And there are plans for temples in India, Indonesia, even China. And countries where there is no LDS presence we are asked to offer aid to people in need. That's because we are trusted to do what we are asked and not get involved in their affairs. The ban on priesthood lasted 135 years and ended in 1978. Times are changing for the better but 43 years isn't long enough to undo 135 years.

You know most LDS are republicans. But when disasters happen we load up the semis and bring aid to those in need. Food, clothes, medical care, and whatever else. We're usually the first ones there. Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Harvey, people who slammed doors in missionaries faces now embrace us because we were there.

So yeah your question and your weak gotcha have been answered. During the February freeze the LDS communities in Austin and Houston set up their meeting houses and brought hospice's there. It provided care to keep them out of that awful freeze. It could accommodate up to 60 patients and staff. Some members provided showers at their homes.

Did your church do that?

Are you saying that the LDS has changed and that I am not accurately or fairly identifying what it stands for today?🤔

IMAGINE THAT

The LDS church believes you can pray people into heaven after they have died, clearly contradicting every bible known to mankind but that's why the LDS has their own Mormon bible to translate all other bible's correctly according to them. Years ago I worked around a family of them. Very strange family, clickish, cultish behavior.

Last edited:
The LDS church believes you can pray people into heaven after they have died, clearly contradicting every bible known to mankind but that's why the LDS has their own Mormon bible to translate all other bible's correctly according to them.
That's not even remotely close to the truth.

You should be spending less time on here and start putting in work at the Temple building genealogy trees
Actually my cousin did genealogy on our maternal grandfathers family. Also done work on my fathers family. And I giggle when you say I spend to much time on here nobody's on here more than you.

I know plenty of Mormons that are salt of the earth. Some of the nicest and most gracious people I have ever met.

It's truly heartbreaking that the origins of their faithjdx+ are steeped in racism, because once something is connected to racism it can never change. The definition of racism clearly states that anything someone perceives a racist, must be racist.

I know plenty of Mormons that are salt of the earth. Some of the nicest and most gracious people I have ever met.

It's truly heartbreaking that the origins of their faithjdx+ are steeped in racism, because once something is connected to racism it can never change. The definition of racism clearly states that anything someone perceives a racist, must be racist.
The family I knew must have been an anomaly, they were the most evil, rude, selfish group of churchgoers I've ever been around. People couldn't believe they were even associated with a church of any kind.

Ok I will try to explain some history about the LDS church to you. Joseph Smith the founder of the church was anti slavery. When the Saints were in Ohio black people frequented sacrament services. And at least one black man, Elijah Abel, was given the keys to the priesthood . They moved on to MO which was a slave state and they had to walk on a tightrope. Then they went to IL where black people frequented sacrament services again. Here's a big time dyk. The first Mormon to run for POTUS was not Mitt Romney it was Joseph Smith. He was a Whig and he ran on an anti slavery platform. If you read section 87 in the Doctrine and Covenants Joseph Smith wrote that there would be a war between the states. At issue would be tariffs and slavery. He said it would start in South Carolina. He said England would be be involved and while they considered they along with France were told to stay out of it. He wrote this on Xmas day 1832 30 years before the Civil War started.

Joseph Smith died in 1844 but the year before he wrote about black men not being worthy of priesthood. Now there are hundreds of sections in the D&C that have never made it into the BoM it could be a 300 page book. So the Mormons made their journey to Utah and they arrived in 1847. And then Brigham Young put in that section. Now Brigham Young saved the LDS church when he led them to Utah. But then he did a lot of bad things when they were in Utah. Sadly the Utah territory had 52 slaves at time of the EP. Then there was polygamy. And eventually came the John Birchers. Those people are dead or have been wedded out thank goodness.

So that was the story.

Look.....just because the Morman men all wear those "electric" underwear (and they all do. It is required) does not make them bad. What I want to know is why do so many of the young men have those horse shoe shaped scars on the side of their heads?

Reactions: StrangerHorn
I read "black men not worthy of the priesthood".

In 2021, that means racist. That's the narrow minded logic that the anti-EOT crowd employees.

Look.....just because the Morman men all wear those "electric" underwear (and they all do. It is required) does not make them bad. What I want to know is why do so many of the young men have those horse shoe shaped scars on the side of their heads?

Electric underwear?

Sounds kinky. Does LDS have an online store where I can buy these?

150 years from now, what are history books going to say about Georgd Floyd? When you you to George Floyd Square, is there going to be a statue or a plaque?

"George Floyd, a drug addict, thief, and repeated offender of domestic violence was murder by Minneapolis police officers. One officer, knelt on Mr. Floyd's neck for Nine minutes."

150 years from now, what are history books going to say about Georgd Floyd? When you you to George Floyd Square, is there going to be a statue or a plaque?

"George Floyd, a drug addict, thief, and repeated offender of domestic violence was murder by Minneapolis police officers. One officer, knelt on Mr. Floyd's neck for Nine minutes."
Bet the history books will depict Sleepy and George in a deep embrace. I hate to say it, but that piece of work George seems to be immortalized now, martyr-like, for like people. Lord help this nation.

Well, evidently he got rid of the flu (only 2 cases in Dallas County in 2020!) AND global warming. It is a glorious 65 degrees in Dallas ON JUNE 1. Unbelievable.

That's because your simple mind doesn't understand.

When it gets hotter, it's because of climate change and when it gets colder, it's because of climate change.

Carbon emissions cause it to be hotter and colder.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Well now, quite the conundrum. In a country that was born cultivated on bettering itself, always looking, pushing forward, it's ideology pushing it's constituents to better themselves for 3 centuries now is somehow facing it's biggest war against a terrorist movement (i might reckin it along the lines of an angry bowel movement), which encourages it's class of people into thinking they're entitled for contributing absolutely nothing to society but chaos much less themselves. Now, we've got sleepy holding the high office. Sleepy is blm's jesus christ. Three and a half more years, we're just gettin started.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Well now, quite the conundrum. In a country that was born cultivated on bettering itself, always looking, pushing forward, it's ideology pushing it's constituents to better themselves for 3 centuries now is somehow facing it's biggest war against a terrorist movement (i might reckin it along the lines of an angry bowel movement), which encourages it's class of people into thinking they're entitled for contributing absolutely nothing to society but chaos much less themselves. Now, we've got sleepy holding the high office. Sleepy is blm's jesus christ. Three and a half more years, we're just gettin started.
Yeah I think Sleepy Joe is wanting to make amends for his own racist past, but we don't all fit into his hypocritical mold. Speak for yourself Dipshit Joe. I swear to God, Jackass Joe damn near ruined CFB for me last year when he tried to take down our economy now it's his reparations push, 50%capital gains tax talk that is getting me all worked up just in time to screw me up again before the season starts. Has there ever been a worse President?

Last edited:
Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Yeah I think Sleepy Joe is wanting to make amends for his own racist past, but we don't all fit into his hypocritical mold. Speak for yourself Dipshit Joe. I swear to God, Jackass Joe damn near ruined CFB for me last year when he tried to take down our economy now it's his reparations push, 50%capital gains tax talk that is getting me all worked up just in time to screw me up again before the season starts. Has there ever been a worse President?
Never in my lifetime, and I was there to laugh/cry through Carter's time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT