ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp thread

I'm all for it. Need to get some of these guys like Leonard that can't catch a cold out of the way anyway. If they're struggling for playing time now, they sure don't wanna be here CJ and Dickson get here.

I think the staff actually likes Leonard. He can't catch the ball, but at least has some athleticism where he can be utilized.

No Lorenzo Joe, Jake Oliver, or Garrett Gray on the depth chart though. Granted, I think Gray has been working some at TE. I'll be surprised if a couple of these guys don't transfer. Only two seniors in the 3 deep, plus a pretty loaded WR class coming in. Going to be difficult to get reps for those 3 I have a feeling.

Outside of that the roster looks to be taking shape. I thought we had too many RBs, but that should be fine now with Catalon gone. We could probably lose a couple DBs that really aren't doing anything, but we will see how that plays out.

Last edited:
I've given up on Leonard. Dude has spatulas for hands. It's a shame, because he is a hell of an athlete, but all that athleticism does no good when the ball is on the ground.

At this point, either they can catch, or they can't. I'm not big on hoping guys suddenly learn to catch when they get to college. Anybody familiar with me knows WR is my forte. I can tell you, the gift of grab is a natural thing. I had it when I was like 10. Guarantee at that age I was catching better than Leonard, and that's sad.

Reactions: utisdabomb12
Colbert is the guy I've lost all faith in. Dude is a hell of an athlete but has a football IQ of a 2 year old. Crazy he's 3rd on the depth chart. Strong just doesn't trust him and I can't really blame him.

I also hope Santos isn't redshirting. No offense to Santos and Sheroid Evans, but it's best from a roster perspective if they move on this year.

Reactions: Godz40Acrez
I've given up on Leonard. Dude has spatulas for hands. It's a shame, because he is a hell of an athlete, but all that athleticism does no good when the ball is on the ground.

At this point, either they can catch, or they can't. I'm not big on hoping guys suddenly learn to catch when they get to college. Anybody familiar with me knows WR is my forte. I can tell you, the gift of grab is a natural thing. I had it when I was like 10. Guarantee at that age I was catching better than Leonard, and that's sad.

If he's a good athlete and has a good attitude why not move him to db and see what he's got?

I know our db depth is good right now but if he can't catch give him a shot back there.

My only hope is that we have a good enough season so that Strong can go get another class similar to this one. I think that with two classes in, Strong will finally be able to compete.

2016 with the WRs we have, a QB with extremely high floor and is an early enrollee, plus the players that may come if we have a decent season can be interesting. Just imagine this depth chart

QB - Swoopes or Heard or Locksley or Buechelle
OT - Williams, Delance?
OG - Vahe, Rodriguez,
C - Raulerson - Thomas
OG - Perkins - Hodges
OT - Major - Nichelson
TE - Devo or McNeal - Beck - Aucoin
WR - Burt - Leonard - Templin or Joe
WR- Foreman - Newsome - Hemphill
WR- Collin Johnson - Warrick - Dickson
RB - Foreman or Warren - Johnson - Houston - Whaley?

DE - Hughes - Roberson or Omenihu
DT - Ridgeway- Boyette - Norman
DT - Poona - Nelson - Elliot
DE - Cottrell - Vasser - Madibuke?
MLB - Malik - Hager - Dontavius Jackson?
OLB - Freeman - Townsend - Cole
OLB - Wheeler - Shark? - Fowler?
CB - Hill - D Davis - Cuffee?
CB - Boyd - A Davis
S- Elliot - Brandon Jones?
S- Hall - Haines
N - Bonney - Locke

With an extra year for some of those guys and the talent coming in, I like the way the team shapes up.

Reactions: Scholz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT