ADVERTISEMENT

Fall camp thread

Unless there's some new surgical breakthrough that I haven't heard or read about-- I know "some" doctors believe a partially torn LCL can heal on its own-- I think that's a bunch of bullsh!t-- but hey, I skipped that day of medical school (and all the rest of them). But PCL tears just suck. I mean they fvcking suck. When you tear somewhere that's meant to stabilize your joint from moving in a direction nature NEVER intended it to move in--- that's a hard area to rehab.
But let's say they do the surgery, repair both ligaments with grafts, he goes through 9 months of rehab- he won't be practicing in March-- that means he won't suit up and take a hit again until a year from now. And that's assuming nothing goes wrong- no infections, no mishaps, or slipping on a fvcking wet floor, or getting drunk at a frat party and Shea Morenz-ing your way down a flight of stairs-- (it happens)-- and once he's back on the field, he's got to have the strength and stability to cut, push, and take hits.
It's REALLY hard for some folks to come back from injuries like this-- nit just physically, but mentally.

Did McGarity just have ACLs?

This would suck for Baxter. Hate to see it. For anyone. Except Andre Watters. **** that guy

Unless there's some new surgical breakthrough that I haven't heard or read about-- I know "some" doctors believe a partially torn LCL can heal on its own-- I think that's a bunch of bullsh!t-- but hey, I skipped that day of medical school (and all the rest of them). But PCL tears just suck. I mean they fvcking suck. When you tear somewhere that's meant to stabilize your joint from moving in a direction nature NEVER intended it to move in--- that's a hard area to rehab.
But let's say they do the surgery, repair both ligaments with grafts, he goes through 9 months of rehab- he won't be practicing in March-- that means he won't suit up and take a hit again until a year from now. And that's assuming nothing goes wrong- no infections, no mishaps, or slipping on a fvcking wet floor, or getting drunk at a frat party and Shea Morenz-ing your way down a flight of stairs-- (it happens)-- and once he's back on the field, he's got to have the strength and stability to cut, push, and take hits.
It's REALLY hard for some folks to come back from injuries like this-- nit just physically, but mentally.

PCL tears aren't any harder to rehab than ACL tears. Its the still the knee and rehab is still basically the same as an ACL but there is a little more emphasis on quad development because the PCL helps prevent posterior translation of the tibia at the knee joint. The thing that makes the recovery time longer is the mechanism of injury. Its usually some kind of fall on a bent knee with lots of extra force. I had a soccer player and a softball player who had PCLs and both ended up being all conference players the following year. Well both were probably going to be all conference the year they got hurt so they ended up getting back to where they were. However they were funky injuries and it took a long time to get the surgery done because they wanted to let some of the other damage heal before they did the surgery.

I don't follow spring ball or fall camp. And what am irony that August in Texas is considered fall camp. So when the season starts we'll see who's really good it and who doesn't.

That being said can we have great front four if we have Burke and Vasek at then ends with Collins in the middle.? It seems to me that Sorrel can pay anywhere. I'm excited to have a couple 6'6" ends starting.

I don't follow spring ball or fall camp. And what am irony that August in Texas is considered fall camp. So when the season starts we'll see who's really good it and who doesn't.

That being said can we have great front four if we have Burke and Vasek at then ends with Collins in the middle.? It seems to me that Sorrel can pay anywhere. I'm excited to have a couple 6'6" ends starting.
all i know is ..Trey Moore, Anthony Hill, Ethan Burke and Colin Simmons.....we about to see a rush the qb defense like never before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT