ADVERTISEMENT

FINALLY.... the debut of the LSR Top 100 for the Class of 2024

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
The debut of the 2024 LSR Top 100

Finally... a few months later than the norm... I've got the debut of my LSR Top 100 list for the Class of 2024.

Some notes and thoughts...

a. If I'm being honest, this class kind of worries me a little. I don't have a lot of super-blue chip grades I'm comfortable handing out at this point, which is really unusual when comparing to previous years.

It's a down year from my perspective. OL is just ok. TEs are meh. I don't know where the hell the DTs are. Lots of tweeners along the DE and LB. Pretty good year for running backs and defensive backs. Not sure there's an elite quarterback anywhere to be found.

One of the things that aided me in putting the list together is that there's a lot of junior year stuff on Hudl for a lot of the guys, which really helped with a lot of the guys after reviewing sophomore film, camps, etc...

b. Let's talk about some of the players.

1. The only five-star grade I gave out was to Micah Hudson. Elite level wide receiver prospect. He's pretty incredible and that shouldn't be news.

2. I put high four star grades on Duncanville pass rusher Colin Simmons, Aledo defensive back Jaden Allen and Copperas Cove offensive tackle Michael Uini.

If you haven't seen Uini this season... holy cow is his body transforming. He's a 6-8, 275-pound-ish guy that might end up being 330+ in college and an absolute monster.

He's the most Kyle Flood guy in the class by a country mile.

3. Simmons is an absolute freak, but he does come in a Tweener body and we have to acknowledge for the record that the players at his position that miss the most (out of a position group that hits at REALLY HIGH rates) are guys with his exact frame.

4. The mid four-star guys for me start at No.5 with Nigel Smith. Non-tweener body, has plus-athleticism and has a lot of room for growth.

5. I'd probably say the mid four-star tier goes from 5 to somewhere in the teens. Honestly, there are a lot of really good looking players, but not guys that stand out from a crowded pack. It's a deep year for very good prospects and a dire year for great ones IMO.

6. Klein Forest athlete Jelani Watkins might is underrated from perspective. I don't know if he's a true 10.2 guy, but he ran that time this season and has some 10.5 times to his resume as well. Considering he's just a sophomore, he's smoking fast. I'm a little surprised Texas isn't all over him, but the dude is also 5-9, 151 pounds.... so yeah.. little dude. But, he's a playmaker.

7. Michael Hawkins is my favorite quarterback in this class based on the junior film I've seen. Throws the ball all over the field very effortlessly.

8. Frankie Arthur is a damn good running back prospect. His stock is about to explode.

9. Katy Seven Lakes OLB/Edge Dakyus Brinkley is a guy that might end up in the top 10 when it's all said and done.

10. I like A&M commit Dealyn Evans more than most. He's got the frame that translates really well at the next level and he's got some athleticism that makes him a playmaker.

11. Mansfield Legacy S Landyn Cleveland might have had the most impressive junior film I've seen among defensive backs in this class. He's a riser.

12. Love Beckville running back J'oby Williams. I want to see more of him from his junior season, but he's explosive. Really good evaluation by Tashard Choice.

13. I don't like ILB Payton Pierce as much as Rivals. He's just not an elite athlete IMO and while he's very productive, you can see the athletic limitations. Players with his athletic profile/build have really struggled from this state when moving to thge next level.

14. Hightower wide receiverZion Kearnet is really good.

14. I'm not sure I quite get the buzz yet on Silsbee wide receiver Dre'lon Miller. His film is pretty good, but I have questions about his raw explosiveness and when you look at his track times from this spring, it's hard to get away from the 11.75 personal best in the 100.

15. Sam Marcos offensive lineman Ory Williams has a chance to finish much higher in the rankings. Massive frame to build on.

16. Round Rock cornerback Leonard Moore is off to a great start as a junior. Another guy who really jumped off the film from his first three games of this season.

17. Clear Springs OL Blake Ivy is a little small at 6-4, 270 pounds, but he moves better than any lineman in the state.

I could go on and on about each guy, but those are main initial takeaways.

Feel free to hit me up with questions or comments.

The debut of the 2024 LSR Top 100

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News