ADVERTISEMENT

Finebaum calling Blowu CHOKELAHOMA

Longhorn Crazy

Jan 8, 2003
The man is spot on!

The Horns won the greatest college football game of all time at the Rose Bowl that will never be matched, while the Gooners coughed up one of the biggest choke jobs in history. At least it wasn't a USC ass whipping in the title game, most lopsided loss in history. After being molested, would think those jokers might have been a little thankful over the years for the Horns taking care of the Trojans.

The man is spot on!

The Horns won the greatest college football game of all time at the Rose Bowl that will never be matched, while the Gooners coughed up one of the biggest choke jobs in history. At least it wasn't a USC ass whipping in the title game, most lopsided loss in history. After being molested, would think those jokers might have been a little thankful over the years for the Horns taking care of the Trojans.
......and then this one time at band camp......

Reactions: BillyRay
I'm not a fan of the $EC, or $EC honks like Finebaum, but in this case, he's spot-on with his comments.

I can't stand Finebaum in any capacity however, he's half right on this.

It was ou's coaching staff that choked. With 4th and inches and the lead in the 4th you GO FOR IT. You don't try a fg. You put your challenger down for the count!

hmmm and where was Texas this bowl season? Oh ya lol. Come on guys I expect this kinda thing from osu

I'm an OU fan and even I can admit that OU choked the Rose Bowl away last week. It was ridiculous. It was god awful painful to watch that 2nd half. It's been a while since a loss felt that demoralizing. As an OU fan it friggen sucked huge sack to watch the 2nd half shit show. Hard to believe OU was still damn close to winning though.

Reactions: westx
I'm an OU fan and even I can admit that OU choked the Rose Bowl away last week. It was ridiculous. It was god awful painful to watch that 2nd half. It's been a while since a loss felt that demoralizing. As an OU fan it friggen sucked huge sack to watch the 2nd half shit show. Hard to believe OU was still damn close to winning though.

Finebaum said this several weeks before the Georgia collapse. When up by 17, any other program I would have bet the house they would have won the game. However, with Enabler U, you knew it was coming.

Reactions: BillyRay
"hmmm and where was Texas this bowlseason? Oh ya lol. Come on guys I expect this kinda thing from osu"

Winning the bowl we were selected to play in.

Reactions: Scholz
"hmmm and where was Texas this bowlseason? Oh ya lol. Come on guys I expect this kinda thing from osu"

Winning the bowl we were selected to play in.

lol.........honestly that is EXACTLY the response an osu aggie would give. I thought Texas was better than that

Bomber there is nothing wrong with ou dominating the BIG XII and only having one single national championship to show for it. Seems like a run like that would have more than one in yalls BIG XII tenure.......i just gave an answer to a previous question. If you sooners dont like the response.....feel free to go back to your own board.....its simple

Looks like ou has been closing the deal on some very good defensive players. ou was probably one-two defensive studs away from winning it all. Some ou fans are blaming the offense, but, man, the ou offense did more than there part (all year). I admit I was happy to hear about the ou loss, but, that is par for a rivalry.

lol.........honestly that is EXACTLY the response an osu aggie would give. I thought Texas was better than that
giphy.gif

Ou didn’t choke anything away - they got beat, plain and simple. Georgia D figured their sh!t out at halftime, made adjustments, and took care of business. Shouldn’t have been close.

I can't stand Finebaum in any capacity however, he's half right on this.

It was ou's coaching staff that choked. With 4th and inches and the lead in the 4th you GO FOR IT. You don't try a fg. You put your challenger down for the count!

nor did they give their Heisman trophy winner a chance to win the game in OT. Jet sweeps and lateral passing game. Freaking joke

Ou didn’t choke anything away - they got beat, plain and simple. Georgia D figured their sh!t out at halftime, made adjustments, and took care of business. Shouldn’t have been close.
If you think OU came out in the 2nd half and ran tempo just likee in the 1st half then I don't know what game you were watching. OU's 1st series of the 3rd Q was an attempt at a clock eating drive. Why? who knows? The squib kick before half allowed a momentum shift and in my opinion OU should have continued the up tempo offense which Georgia was unable to stop.

Having said that, I agree with WestTX above, even though I thought Riley, uncharacteristically made some bad calls in the second half, 45 points was plenty to win, our atrocious defense lost us that game plain and simple.

Yeah, what was the answer supposed to be? LOL

You have to attempt to brag about beating someone in a lesser bowl because you aren't close to being good enough to be in the playoff. OSU has this same mindset year in and year out. Its funny

Matter of fact.....you know what is an osu aggy thing to do.....come over to a rival board and try to defend why yall got yalls asses handed to you once AGAIN on the big stage......i guess that "chokelahoma" comment made by an SEC commentator really hurt your feelings.

You have to attempt to brag about beating someone in a lesser bowl because you aren't close to being good enough to be in the playoff. OSU has this same mindset year in and year out. Its funny
“It’s”

Also, go cry a little somewhere else.

How old are you guys? I’m serious you guys are childish. How can teams like Texas and A&M throw shade on Oklahoma? One thing is very likely you have to win the big 12 to go to the playoffs. OU beat TCU twice to get there. Academics pay players etc. What a bunch of excuses. I’m not naming any examples of your football students. Carry on

How old are you guys? I’m serious you guys are childish. How can teams like Texas and A&M throw shade on Oklahoma? One thing is very likely you have to win the big 12 to go to the playoffs. OU beat TCU twice to get there. Academics pay players etc. What a bunch of excuses. I’m not naming any examples of your football students. Carry on

simpsons-grandpa-gif-14.gif

Reactions: westx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT