Fire Stoops!

BattleshipTexas

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2001
Fire Stoops! That is what is all over the Kentucky boards. They are not happy with a 34-6 loss to a team (South Carolina) that was a big underdog to Kentucky.

So who is the consensus they want? The Tulane coach. Jon Sumrall. Only 1-1 at Tulane, but was 23-4 at his prior school Troy. Troy went 5-7, 5-6 and 5-7 in the 3 years prior to Sumrall. He comes in and they go 12-2 (finish the season ranked #19 in the country) and 11-2. Yeah they lost to #14 K State 34-27 this past Saturday despite outgaining them 491-396. The terrible pass interference play that wiped out a Tulane TD with 17 seconds left potentially cost them the upset.

Some quotes:

"I assume the first and only call would be Sumrall."

"One answer, only Sumrall. Get him now!! Stoops wants to bitch about money. He got enough to have as much or more talent than s carolina and look what happened

"Sumrall is the obvious answer. He's also the most likely (other than Marrow who's a non-starter as HC) in retaining the good players we currently have."

"Sumrall is a guy I’d love to have sooner rather than later honestly! "

"Sumrall looks like an excellent candidate for a P4 head coach. But I don't know anything about him other than he is a UK guy."

"Jon Sumrall is the most charismatic coach I have met. He could sell Confederate bonds to Yankee Bankers!!"

Reactions: mh48

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.