ADVERTISEMENT

Florida's QB Will Grier suspended for season

madcow12

Jan 13, 2010
after positive PED test

Florida Gators quarterback Will Grier has been suspended for the season for violating NCAA rules, according to a source.

Grier tested positive for performance enhancing drugs, a source said. The positive test carries an automatic one-year suspension from the NCAA.

News of Grier's suspension was earlier reported by gridironnow.com.

A freshman from Davidson, North Carolina, Grier has thrown for 10 touchdowns, three interceptions and 1,204 yards for the the eighth-ranked Gators.

Florida (6-0) will travel to Death Valley to face No. 6 LSU Tigers in an SEC showdown on Saturday at 7 p.m. on ESPN.

Not sure how much this will impact Florida. Their offense hasn't exactly been a juggernaut. I still think they win 8-9 games. I think they lose to LSU, but they will still beat Georgia (they always beat them) and be in the driver's seat for the SEC East.

There is no place in football for any kind of drugs..period, if ya not good enough without them then ya not good enough ...period!

Hook'em

When was the last time the NCAA caught someone with a drug test? Does it happen often and its just not reported??

Seems like it's school sponsored stuff when kids get suspended for something like weed.

When was the last time the NCAA caught someone with a drug test? Does it happen often and its just not reported??

Seems like it's school sponsored stuff when kids get suspended for something like weed.
there is a rumor some aggie was selling him steroids and turned him in.... :) but in all reality, someone in another forum said the kid put on 30 plus pounds over the summer and many, many people noticed it.

A couple days ago, we wrote about Florida quarterback Will Grier, who had reportedly added a ton of muscle this offseason. The redshirt freshman quarterback, who arrived on campus at 172 pounds, was reportedly up to 215 pounds.

We now have photos to back up that report.

And, yep, Grier has added some muscle. A lot of it.

http://collegespun.com/sec/florida-...-grier-has-added-a-ton-of-muscle-to-his-frame

NCAA only does urine test and you cant test for HGH in a urine test. Word is the over the counter but banned supplement ligandrol which binds to androgen receptors and assist in weight gain. That is the official story but it was probably that and other banned anabolic agents. You don't put on 43 pounds in a year at that age with the kinds of conditioning that is required to play college football.

NCAA only does urine test and you cant test for HGH in a urine test. Word is the over the counter but banned supplement ligandrol which binds to androgen receptors and assist in weight gain. That is the official story but it was probably that and other banned anabolic agents. You don't put on 43 pounds in a year at that age with the kinds of conditioning that is required to play college football.
My freshman year I went from 190 to 230. Granted that was in a calendar year but I was pretty rocked up. So yes it can be done with the proper nutrition and workout plan. Plus lots and lots of protein.

Guy´s, the NCAA has a testing program for this sort of thing so I suggest we let them handle it. Besides it´s not that hard to put 35 pounds of muscle on over the summer IF you hit the gym real hard.

I was a Division 2 strength coach for two years a high school coach for 6 years and I did the performance coach thing for 4 years and I can tell putting on weight the right way is really hard especially guys with an ectomorph somatotype. The problem is the conditioning and speed development required for football. You burn off the calories that you need for the weight gain. Things always went good in January and February. Then in march we had to kick up the conditioning to get ready for spring ball and the weight gain stopped. Then you go into spring ball and the volume in the weight room goes down and some guys start to lose weight. Then you lift heavy again and put on some weight and then in the summer conditioning phase they lose weight again. We didn't have training table but most of the kids had unlimited cafeteria plans and I know they were eating 5-6 times a day plus 1-2 shakes on top of that.

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
They don't test for HGH in college. Still working about the kinks to test for it in the NFL. Once they figure it out 90% of the players will fail.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. I mean, you're right, they don't test for hgh in college because the only way you can detect HGH is through a blood test. I know this because I am on somotropin per my doctors prescription, but you can test for byproducts of HGH via urine. That byproduct became a banned substance this past year. It seems he popped positive for an OTC drug. Freaking NCAA, they are like trying to throw a dart at a moving target.

Currently no one uses any kind of urine detection for HGH, WADA doesn't, USADA doesn't, NFL doesn't nor does the NCAA. The science just isn't there. The blood test aren't even very good. The window is something like 48 hours. The only people that get popped for HGH is because of other evidence.

Currently no one uses any kind of urine detection for HGH, WADA doesn't, USADA doesn't, NFL doesn't nor does the NCAA. The science just isn't there. The blood test aren't even very good. The window is something like 48 hours. The only people that get popped for HGH is because of other evidence.
That is correct. Your body gives off a byproduct that is detectable in your urine. I forget what it's called, but it's found only in women, and in people that have cancer. It's an acronym, three letters long I believe. I'm having a brain fart this morning or I'd be able to tell you. But like I said, NCAA just placed this byproduct on the list last year.

hcg? I know guys use that to restart natural testosterone production after they cycle off androgens. But that has been banned for a while.

Not sure if hgh causes that an increase in hcg. The only way to test for hgh is to look at the ratio of HGH and IGF-1. You can only detect a difference in that ratio for up to 48 hours after injection. Of course IGF-1 and IGF-2 are also banned.

Last edited:
I was a Division 2 strength coach for two years a high school coach for 6 years and I did the performance coach thing for 4 years and I can tell putting on weight the right way is really hard especially guys with an ectomorph somatotype. The problem is the conditioning and speed development required for football. You burn off the calories that you need for the weight gain. Things always went good in January and February. Then in march we had to kick up the conditioning to get ready for spring ball and the weight gain stopped. Then you go into spring ball and the volume in the weight room goes down and some guys start to lose weight. Then you lift heavy again and put on some weight and then in the summer conditioning phase they lose weight again. We didn't have training table but most of the kids had unlimited cafeteria plans and I know they were eating 5-6 times a day plus 1-2 shakes on top of that.

Check this out. Pretty cute name SWOLHQ...:)

http://swolhq.com/all-about-lgd-4033/

Yes speed strength, hcg. Good call. I thought that was just added to the the list. I didn't know it had been on there for years.

Anyone find it a bit strange/sad that in the NCAA if a player is handed a wad of cash but a booster/agent the ncaa goes and retroactively takes away usually past wins. However a player gets busted for peds the team gets to keep all the wins the player helped them get?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT