ADVERTISEMENT

Getting older sucks

HALOMAN

I love me some gingers and I identify as angry
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
Quantico, VA
This is just a rant, the OB can act as my emotional tampon.

I have abused my body over the years, football, rugby and 30 years in the corps and that Bill has arrived In spades. Had shoulder replacement surgery last year and was finally getting back into shape, swimming, biking… I was at work on Tuesday walking down the hall, there was a pop and my right knee gave out. I wish I could say I was running or doing something cool but I was just walking. Egad.

Went to the ER and got an xray. The doc said he could not tell if it was a full or partial tear of a ligament (need a MRI for that can’t get that until 10 march, the joys of retired military medical) but I had other issues. The cartridge is worn down, bone spurs and the joint is ravaged by arthritis. Oh joy.

So I have to wait a month to find out the damage and will likely have to have another surgery, this will be my 12th as they try to keep me functioning. just wanted to rant and remind the younger guys to take care of themselves and get things fixed when they break, or get corrective surgery when you are younger.

My luck wrt heath has been complete shit, I swear if it were raining cooch I would get hit with a dick.

Rant over, time for a scotch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News