ADVERTISEMENT

Here is my theory on our current recruiting strategy.

Archmadness16

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2024
It has been reported by Ketch and Such that we "may" have just gotten out worked by our competition for the last couple of blue chip recruits that were initially leaning Texas.

Which begs the question, why were they leaning Texas in the first place? Why did they within days of announcing their decision almost suddenly choose other schools?

Ketch has said that Moore and Pettijohn were not NIL related.....sorry I do not believe that. If Texas wanted to blow the other schools out of the water with NIL deals they could have done that.

Yet, they chose to be "competitive" with their NIL offers. That is only what we hear from suspect sources...there is absolutely NO telling what these recruits are being offered in regards to non-revenue benefits, which are likely not being reported.

Then we hear that our new coaches are suspect regarding their recruiting chops. I dont believe that either. If we sincerely have gotten out- worked for these recent recruits, did anyone ever think maybe the Sark strategy is not empasizing HS recruiting and maybe more focused on the transfer portal instead?

Sure, we are going to recruit high school kids. However, these ridiculous NIL demands from HS recruits while we currently are paying PREMIUM wages to proven players via the portal makes MUCH more sense.

I stated previously that the new strategy reported by multiple CFB media analyst in the last month was that NIL agents were pushing their clients to commit EARLY so that they could set the market and then push for higher NIL amounts later in the recruiting cylce. That is EXACTLY was is happening with these early super blue chip commitments.

Someone stated that the current state of recruiting should be classified like a Golf Tournament, the current leader in the Club House is current school X because there are multiple rounds to go before a winner is determined. Amen to that.

I think the Sark Strategy is sound. Let other schools set the market, then WE will determine at the end of the recruiting cycle who we want....a combination of blue chip HS recruits with a HEAVY emphasis on getting proven, experienced players in the portal.

This strategy is a much BETTER use of our money. I much prefer paying for a proven player thru the portal instead of invest large amounts of $$$ to a HS recruit who likely wont be a major impact until year 2.

This is the NEW state of recruiting in the modern NIL era and it seems we are accurately adjusting to it. Go Sark Go !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News