ADVERTISEMENT

Home and series: Alabama

I love hypotheticals: "We would have beaten them if." "If Major Applewhite had played all year we would have won the National Championship." I think Bama was superior in every way in that game and Colt getting hurt, coupled with Saban's insane conservatism gives you guys an excuse. But that's just one take.

Stupid a$$y. I still watch re-runs of the TTech crowd shoving the goal posts up the a$$y alumni section. It brings a tear to my eye.

Joe did you watch the game?

The Alabama 'D' knocked Texas quarterback Colt McCoy out of the Citi BCS Championship Game early, then made a big play late to stop a Longhorns comeback in a 37-21 victory Thursday that brought glory back to the program Bear built.

We were making a comeback with a redshirt QB. We had 5 turnovers and 4 were his INT's but yet Bama was superior. Colt being in that game the whole time would've been a different story.

It was 21-24 Bama in the 4th. Give me a break aggy.
Of course I watched the game. Alabama went into a passive, conservative game plan that almost came back to bite them. They never would have done that had Colt not gotten hurt. Their entire team's mentality changed after that. Surely you're intellectually honest enough to admit that. Can't you just be glad you were able to have a measure of respectability after losing a very good QB and narrowly averting disaster in the Big 12 Championship game.

Of course I watched the game. Alabama went into a passive, conservative game plan that almost came back to bite them. They never would have done that had Colt not gotten hurt. Their entire team's mentality changed after that. Surely you're intellectually honest enough to admit that. Can't you just be glad you were able to have a measure of respectability after losing a very good QB and narrowly averting disaster in the Big 12 Championship game.

Stupid, if Colt were in we would have run up the score. Our D had allowed only 24 pts into the 4th qtr. after multiple turnovers by the frosh qb. Come on a$$y, you're better than that. We were about to run away, if Colt doesn't get injured.

When was the last a$$y title game.... oh that's right Adolf Hitler was in diapers. That was before TV, right??? but not radio....... so great granpappy could hear the game while out in the barn bangin the sheep.

Last edited:

I love the “Saban went conservative” narrative. When has a Nick Saban coached team EVER not tried to score at every possible opportunity??? Here’s what he did: Realizing that our offense was going to sputter without the best player in CFB on the field and gift Alabama several 3 and outs, he focused on running the ball and wearing down out DL when they kept having to trot right back out there. He did exactly what any coach with half a brain does in that situation. He already knew they weren’t going to be able to throw on us all that much, so why get cute? Even still, you know he puckered a little more every time Jordan Shipley lined up.

Saban decided to run the ball and control the game. Tell me again how he changed his philosophy after Colt wen out?

Reactions: HornDrummer
I just saw Saban switch from trying to win to trying not to lose by running up the gut EVERY play. Tech could have dropped them behind the line doing that. Bottom line: You have no more reason to believe you would have "run away with it" than I have that Bama would have destroyed you had their mentality and approach not changed. Hypotheticals

I just saw Saban switch from trying to win to trying not to lose by running up the gut EVERY play. Tech could have dropped them behind the line doing that. Bottom line: You have no more reason to believe you would have "run away with it" than I have that Bama would have destroyed you had their mentality and approach not changed. Hypotheticals

Well...I thought a few moments about your argument...

Roflmao+_cd5153d14299bc8a885d014b26ee9450.gif

Joe, I actuallythink that UT upgrading their schedule and playing LSU, Bama, etc. is something they have to do. We have seen that in a normal year, a one-loss Big 12 Champion likely does not make the playoff. If UT beats Bama, loses a game along the way somewhere, wins the Big 12, they are in. If they lose to Bama, nothing lost. Plus, this should be another fun non-conference game to watch those two years as well as the LSU games.

Ok,What is your favorite team in college football?
Well that's not an easy question. I am a 1997 grad from Texas A&M, and they are TYPICALLY the team I want to win. However sometimes they make it difficult and we don't speak for a while.

Last time we played L$U, who won? Last time we played a$m, who won?

Last edited:
Well that's not an easy question. I am a 1997 grad from Texas A&M, and they are TYPICALLY the team I want to win. However sometimes they make it difficult and we don't speak for a while.
Ok,I understand your thoughts,watched the UCLA game last year and could not believe the ending and had to be a tough loss to handle and I wanted a Texas team to win on the west coast.

Joe, I actuallythink that UT upgrading their schedule and playing LSU, Bama, etc. is something they have to do. We have seen that in a normal year, a one-loss Big 12 Champion likely does not make the playoff. If UT beats Bama, loses a game along the way somewhere, wins the Big 12, they are in. If they lose to Bama, nothing lost. Plus, this should be another fun non-conference game to watch those two years as well as the LSU games.

That’s completely made up horseship and literally the opposite of what has actually transpired.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I would assume a 1 loss Texas team that won the Big 12 tournament would be in the play off regardless of OOC schedule.

seems sorta counter intuitive seeing aggys discussing qualifications for getting into the CFB playoffs....kind of like having a fish explain how to ride a bicycle...

Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte and football coach Tom Herman joined forces to arrange a home-and-home series with Alabama, and there may be more where that comes from. Maybe even Texas A&M. “On the flight back from the Rio Grande Valley last night, Tom and I talked about scheduling more iconic brands home and home,” Del Conte told me Tuesday. “There are only about six or seven truly iconic brands.” (He named Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, USC, Florida and Penn State, but I’d add Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Florida State and Nebraska.) “We want to play an iconic team every year,” he said. “The fans want to see games like that. Those are the games Tom and I are committed to.” As for playing the Aggies, Del Conte said he had a conversation with A&M AD Scott Woodward a couple of months ago and told him, “As our schedules permit, we should consider scheduling a game.” Was Woodward interested? “I didn’t get that. We never got to that point.” Texas is booked through 2027 (home against Michigan), and Del Conte said, “You could do something after that season.”

Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte and football coach Tom Herman joined forces to arrange a home-and-home series with Alabama, and there may be more where that comes from. Maybe even Texas A&M. “On the flight back from the Rio Grande Valley last night, Tom and I talked about scheduling more iconic brands home and home,” Del Conte told me Tuesday. “There are only about six or seven truly iconic brands.” (He named Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, USC, Florida and Penn State, but I’d add Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Florida State and Nebraska.) “We want to play an iconic team every year,” he said. “The fans want to see games like that. Those are the games Tom and I are committed to.” As for playing the Aggies, Del Conte said he had a conversation with A&M AD Scott Woodward a couple of months ago and told him, “As our schedules permit, we should consider scheduling a game.” Was Woodward interested? “I didn’t get that. We never got to that point.” Texas is booked through 2027 (home against Michigan), and Del Conte said, “You could do something after that season.”

I hope that Texas never plays aggy again.

Yeah I know I posted that statement mainly due to TH and CDC wanting iconic teams. I love playing Notre Dame, Michigan, LSU, Alabama etc... those games are prime time. I’m amped up the whole day!

I for one would love to see the A&M game reignited. I think it should be a home-and-home, every year, on Thanksgiving, just like it used to be. We can still keep the big school games (Michigan, USC, Alabama) for weeks 1-3 along with a gimme, and A&M will replace the "Tulsa"'s and "Maryland"'s on our schedule.

Reactions: easttx903
I for one would love to see the A&M game reignited. I think it should be a home-and-home, every year, on Thanksgiving, just like it used to be. We can still keep the big school games (Michigan, USC, Alabama) for weeks 1-3 along with a gimme, and A&M will replace the "Tulsa"'s and "Maryland"'s on our schedule.

Not sure aggy wants to replace NW St, LA Monroe or UAB type teams with daddy though. I mean those are 3 wins!

Reactions: LonghornMM
Probably because we have Bama and Clemson next year and those two in 2019 plus Georgia in 2019. You guys need the game far more for SOS than we do.

Probably because we have Bama and Clemson next year and those two in 2019 plus Georgia in 2019. You guys need the game far more for SOS than we do.

If Texas needs a SOS boost, they can schedule a better quality team than aggy. Texas doesn't need a&m.

we should play every year. CFB has already lost too much tradition in the chase for the all might dollar. tex vs a&m should be played every year. on thanksgiving regardless of the butthurt fans on both sides.

Reactions: BobWeltlich

The problem with that idea Bob is that scheduling aTm would LOWER out strength of schedule, not raise it.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT