ADVERTISEMENT

Horns Up

sighhhh....Thats great I guess....but I will never be able to get past the fact that in the old days...in Boys town, the only 2 rot gut beers that were offered was Carta Blanca and Corona. The reason they put a lime in it was it tasted so bad, that was the only way you would drink it. Enter high dollar Madison marketing and...voila!..Corona goes mainstream!

sighhhh....Thats great I guess....but I will never be able to get past the fact that in the old days...in Boys town, the only 2 rot gut beers that were offered was Carta Blanca and Corona. The reason they put a lime in it was it tasted so bad, that was the only way you would drink it. Enter high dollar Madison marketing and...voila!..Corona goes mainstream!

You not old enough to remember Bohemia?

Bohemia is the best beer made in Mexico....maybe best in North America...no way we ever got that in Boys Town.

I drank gallons of Bohemia at the Marabou. You could get just about anything in La Zona.

I hope you mean best Mexican beer in North America. Mexico has started brewing some good beer besides the Lager and Pilsner styles we're all used to seeing at the resorts.
Exactly. I could name 30+ beers brewed right here in Austin that would be better than Bohemia.

It wasn't Madison Ave. It was a young member of the Modelo family. He thought he should get a big promotion, When it didn't come, he got bought out. Moved to SA, bought Shiner, which was near bankruptcy at the time, built it up. Can't remember his name, but there was a big article in the SA paper about him.

I grew up close to Shiner and the beer was always around. We thought it wasn't any good at the time, but that was when we were of the age we didn't know if beer was good or not, we just knew you got drunk if you drank it. To prove my point, our beer of choice at the time was Schlitz. I guess they don't even make Schlitz anymore.

I usually keep some Shiner Bock around, I think it's pretty good.

I grew up close to Shiner and the beer was always around. We thought it wasn't any good at the time, but that was when we were of the age we didn't know if beer was good or not, we just knew you got drunk if you drank it. To prove my point, our beer of choice at the time was Schlitz. I guess they don't even make Schlitz anymore.

I usually keep some Shiner Bock around, I think it's pretty good.
In the early 70's a friend of mine wanted me to keep trying Shiner because "every lot is different". I don't think that's a good thing in a beer.

You remember Carta Blanca in boystown????? Fvvvvck I'm old. We're they the bottles that had the twist off bottom of the bottle? Where you could put an unopened beer cap on the bottom of it and twist it off?

Btw, Carta Blanca sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT