ADVERTISEMENT

How humongous was that W over the Sooners?

I was one of the strongest CS supporters when he was hired. He was my #1 pick. With that said I got caught up in the emotions of blowout losses this year and Watson issues.

I never got completely off but was definitely pissed and didn't think he would make year 4.

I'm back on board and understand with a young team it gonna take time and we probably hit a couple low spot before he gets his guys.

Hopefully because most of you folks were trying to get the man out of here in year 2. Let's support no matter what instead of being like fans of NFL teams(my team not winning so screw them by not watching their games or going to the games).

Trying to get him out? How did we try to get him out?

I stated my opinioin, he was in over his head in this job. I backed my opinion with examples of how he was in over his head.

In this one win some things changed, others have not.

1. He didn't lose the lockerroom like with thought, in fact because of all the talk about if he should or shouldn't be fired. His players rallied around him and fought like lions for him. That told me all I needed to know about the state of the Texas lockerroom.

2. Charlie is a terrible game manager. That has not changed, and it's likely going to cost us big time down the road. I can live with this if he is willing to learn from his mistakes.

3. Players were not improving. Well I saw lots of improvement against Oklahoma, even if we would have lost, I would have told you I saw lots of improvement. We held a pretty salty Oklahoma offense to 17 pts We had two guys over 100 yards rushing. We sacked the Oklahoma QB 10 times. Those are crazy stats.

4. Charlie Strong can't pick assistants. That one is still up in the air, but I'm ready to say that Norville and Traylor were home run hires. Brick's dline is playing 100 times better right now. I'm seeing much better effort from our oline. I will assess the staff after the season is over, one game is not a season. I want to see what Strong does with Watson.

5. Fans are fans, we are not bound by any rules of how to be a good fan, we have the right to chose how we pull for our team. Most of us have lives outside of being fans and why should we sit and waste our time and money watching a product that we don't like. Time is the most limited asset we have in this life, I'm not going to waste it.

Most important win of his Texas career (so far); top five as a head coach. Hopefully, (Knock wood) turns this season around.

Hook 'em

It was needed for the players,coaches and fans.It was improvement which was noticed,however it will be diluted if the horns keep losing games.It certainly should buy Strong year 3 in Austin.

Last edited:
Hopefully because most of you folks were trying to get the man out of here in year 2. Let's support no matter what instead of being like fans of NFL teams(my team not winning so screw them by not watching their games or going to the games).

Fans calling for him to be fired, need to ask the wizard for a brain. And if you called for him to be fired, but don't think that is trying to get him out of here, then ask for 2 brains.

Fans calling for him to be fired, need to ask the wizard for a brain. And if you called for him to be fired, but don't think that is trying to get him out of here, then ask for 2 brains.

I called for him to be fired, and in the situation we were in, I'd do it again. Was I right? No, I wasn't, but all the evidence pointed to several things being wrong with the program that would indicate he lost control of the program and he/staff weren't getting through to the players.

So what changed?

A game where we finally saw great effort. A game where the players rallied around their coach. A game where across the board we saw great improvement.

No offense but you have 6 posts, I really don't take your opinion seriously as you are likely a sock of other posters on this board, but I wanted to set the record straight that just because some of us were calling for Strong's head, doesn't mean we didn't have our reasons.

I called for him to be fired, and in the situation we were in, I'd do it again. Was I right? No, I wasn't, but all the evidence pointed to several things being wrong with the program that would indicate he lost control of the program and he/staff weren't getting through to the players.

So what changed?

A game where we finally saw great effort. A game where the players rallied around their coach. A game where across the board we saw great improvement.

No offense but you have 6 posts, I really don't take your opinion seriously as you are likely a sock of other posters on this board, but I wanted to set the record straight that just because some of us were calling for Strong's head, doesn't mean we didn't have our reasons.

Nothing indicated that he lost control of the program, you simply freaked out. A tweet doesn't mean he lost control, but you now get that.

We saw effort against Cal and OSU, but the TCU game made you panic.

If you think my post count means anything, then it is I, that shouldn't take you serious.

Everyone has a reason for what they do, but it doesn't mean that it makes sense.

Nothing indicated that he lost control of the program, you simply freaked out. A tweet doesn't mean he lost control, but you now get that.

We saw effort against Cal and OSU, but the TCU game made you panic.

If you think my post count means anything, then it is I, that shouldn't take you serious.

Everyone has a reason for what they do, but it doesn't mean that it makes sense.
You serious Clark? 6-7 and 1-4 were enough to give plenty of fans reason to panic. Texas played a really good game and beat OU. If Texas resumes losing the way they were then I would think it is understandable for fans to panic.

You serious Clark? 6-7 and 1-4 were enough to give plenty of fans reason to panic. Texas played a really good game and beat OU. If Texas resumes losing the way they were then I would think it is understandable for fans to panic.

Gosh damit trill your dumbassery is forcing me to agree with bell, do you know how filthy I feel, I gotta go take a shower now

Listen bella, I don't do the if thing, and I replied to direct statements...I know that is a foreign concept to you. The easy part of OU's schedule is done. 24-17, we own ou, now move along bella.

Last edited:
Gosh damit trill your dumbassery is forcing me to agree with bell, do you know how filthy I feel, I gotta go take a shower now

"dumbassery", that's cute.

I guess that's where you go with it, when you have no reply to what I responded with. You and bozobell are made for each other.
But are 2 heads really better than one, when both of you have a monkey's a$$ for a brain. Enjoy bumping swords with bella, as y'all shower.

Last edited:
I guess that's where you go with it, when you have no reply to what I responded with. You and bozobell are made for each other.
But are 2 heads really better than one, when both of you have a monkey's a$$ for a brain.
Haha you telling other Longhorn fans when it's acceptable to panic or not. A couple posts in and you are already feeling insecure enough to attempt, lamely I might add, to throw personal insults around. Relax darlin' no need to get your panties all ruffled just because most don't share your blind enthusiasm.

Haha you telling other Longhorn fans when it's acceptable to panic or not. A couple posts in and you are already feeling insecure enough to attempt, lamely I might add, to throw personal insults around. Relax darlin' no need to get your panties all ruffled just because most don't share your blind enthusiasm.

And you're a soonerfan, worried about what Texas fans are telling each other, as you lick your wounds from 313 rushing yards. Dude, I understand you want to protect your wonder twin, but stay in your lane sooner fan. 24-17 (because we kneeled instead of scoring again), why are you here looking for a scooby snack...fetch boy. And most in this thread, do seem to share my opinion of you two. Or y'all may be as one by now, I don't know. If you want to do a poll, and see who agrees with who on the garbage you two are spewing, we can. Loser never post again? I'll wait.

As far as personal insults, I did not do so, until I was called a dumba$$...but you're an idiot, and you didn't want to acknowledge that I responded to your wonder twins insult. Lame you say...are you typing that as you look at your reflection.

Last edited:
" I'm not sure Texas can score 24 on Mike's new and improved defense."

Yep, a soonerfan said that before the game (soonermike). Mike Stoops is trash at this point in his career, what new and improved defense. The pansies on the schedule HAD y'all fooled...this is who you should be concerned with bella, not Texas...we already beat that a$$.

rn_a_mikestoops3_ms_600.jpg

Last edited:

Bell....sometimes you make sense....then there is this time. Ant SMART fan knows that the record is a reflection of the dumpster fire that had to be turned around. That record was also a perfect storm of new coaching with new players thrust into roles they were not yet ready for and the worst combination of buzzard luck we have experienced maybe ever. All the signs are there for anyone to see, but some are so damned " chicken little" that they can't notice . Recruiting has been better than a long time as far as getting damned good players.Any fool that thinks the locker room was lost just doesn't get it.

Trill....solid posting so far....welcome

Bell....sometimes you make sense....then there is this time. Ant SMART fan knows that the record is a reflection of the dumpster fire that had to be turned around. That record was also a perfect storm of new coaching with new players thrust into roles they were not yet ready for and the worst combination of buzzard luck we have experienced maybe ever. All the signs are there for anyone to see, but some are so damned " chicken little" that they can't notice . Recruiting has been better than a long time as far as getting damned good players.Any fool that thinks the locker room was lost just doesn't get it.

Trill....solid posting so far....welcome

I know and that is the same thing Michigan and Ohio State fans have been screaming, oh wait.......no they haven't. Sorry OH you are off on that. And I didn't see anyone say he lost the locker room? Look if Strong goes on to turn things around I'm sure you'll have everyone on board as they should be but for you to act like the fans should have a warm fuzzy after 6-7 and starting the year 1-4 and now 2-4, well, I don't know what to tell you. Right now I would think the fans should have some hope but taking nothing to the bank imo.

And you're a soonerfan, worried about what Texas fans are telling each other, as you lick your wounds from 313 rushing yards. Dude, I understand you want to protect your wonder twin, but stay in your lane sooner fan. 24-17 (because we kneeled instead of scoring again), why are you here looking for a scooby snack...fetch boy. And most in this thread, do seem to share my opinion of you two. Or y'all may be as one by now, I don't know. If you want to do a poll, and see who agrees with who on the garbage you two are spewing, we can. Loser never post again? I'll wait.

As far as personal insults, I did not do so, until I was called a dumba$$...but you're an idiot, and you didn't want to acknowledge that I responded to your wonder twins insult. Lame you say...are you typing that as you look at your reflection.
And another mouth breather emerges to grace us with his lack of intelligence. I will enjoy watching the copious amount of dumbassery and sunshine pumping out of you for the rest of the season. That ostrich syndrome is pretty amusing to watch I must admit.

I know and that is the same thing Michigan and Ohio State fans have been screaming, oh wait.......no they haven't. Sorry OH you are off on that. And I didn't see anyone say he lost the locker room? Look if Strong goes on to turn things around I'm sure you'll have everyone on board as they should be but for you to act like the fans should have a warm fuzzy after 6-7 and starting the year 1-4 and now 2-4, well, I don't know what to tell you. Right now I would think the fans should have some hope but taking nothing to the bank imo.

Time to get back in the shower.

If you didn't have concern then you are drinking way too much cool-aid. Those of us that are old enough to remember Akers and McWilliams could see some issues.

Win or lose against Oklahoma I saw two things in that game that changed my mind. Better effort in that game than in any game Texas has played while Strong has been here. The second was how the players treated Strong after the game. That is what I cared most about. The win to me wasn't the biggest thing just like the losses to Cal and OSU (sans Officiating) wasn't the biggest part of those games.

I have said all along I expected us to struggle early on but I also said we would improve and our young pups would become junk yard dogs by the end of the year. The translation was I expected to see great improvement as the season wore on.

I wasn't seeing that through the first 5 games, I was seeing stupid mistakes being repeated over and over and over. I wasn't seeing effort, I saw a team quit on their coaches against TCU.

Yea, I thought Strong had lost his locker-room, those that didn't get worried were burying their head in the sand. I did that with Mackovic and Mack, I won't do it again.

I'm glad I was wrong, I want Strong to succeed, his success is Texas success. I have always said, I like him as a person and the way he has cleaned up this program. I still have some concerns about his ability to be a successful coach at the highest level, but I'm willing to give him a chance to get his system as long as he doesn't lose the locker-room. If his players are willing to go to war for him, I'm willing to give him the time to show he can win that war.

And another mouth breather emerges to grace us with his lack of intelligence. I will enjoy watching the copious amount of dumbassery and sunshine pumping out of you for the rest of the season. That ostrich syndrome is pretty amusing to watch I must admit.

Find where I did any sunshine pumping. That's your way of punking out of the bet I offered.

24-17, 313 rushing yards, Strong out coached Stoops again, Texas is 2-1 against ou in the last 3 years, Texas owns ou, ou still has mike stoops...I'm enjoying that chump.

Find where I did any sunshine pumping. That's your way of punking out of the bet I offered.

24-17, 313 rushing yards, Strong out coached Stoops again, Texas is 2-1 against ou in the last 3 years, Texas owns ou, ou still has mike stoops...I'm enjoying that chump.
Lighten up Francis, I won't take any bet with anyone, why would I? Funny you like many others who "knew it all" after the RRS weren't around making bets before hand. Funny how that worked out that way isn't it? You are not fooling anyone. Sure you are confident NOW. You chastising others for not "believing" all along is quite hysterical. Carry on I need the laughs.

Lighten up Francis, I won't take any bet with anyone, why would I? Funny you like many others who "knew it all" after the RRS weren't around making bets before hand. Funny how that worked out that way isn't it? You are not fooling anyone. Sure you are confident NOW. You chastising others for not "believing" all along is quite hysterical. Carry on I need the laughs.

24-17 Bella.

24-17 Bella.
I just went and looked and nope didn't see any game predictions from you BEFORE the RRS. That's why I started that thread, for wimps like you who had been hiding under the bed for 5 weeks. I didn't want you doing what YOU are doing now and if you did then it would be apparent, it is.You look dumb and everyone sees it for what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT