ADVERTISEMENT

How humongous was that W over the Sooners?

I just went and looked and nope didn't see any game predictions from you BEFORE the RRS. That's why I started that thread, for wimps like you who had been hiding under the bed for 5 weeks. I didn't want you doing what YOU are doing now and if you did then it would be apparent, it is.You look dumb and everyone sees it for what it is.

Can you define everyone, because I'm sure everyone that you're speaking of, thinks you're a dumba$$, except for that one guy.

24-17 Bella and Texas is still running. TD!

Dozer....I humbly ask your opinion here.....Was the situation at Michigan, or the one at Ohio State exactly the same as the Texas situation....was it better.....was it worse when the new coaches took over? Remember....football can be a game of inches.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
I was one of the strongest CS supporters when he was hired. He was my #1 pick. With that said I got caught up in the emotions of blowout losses this year and Watson issues.

I never got completely off but was definitely pissed and didn't think he would make year 4.

I'm back on board and understand with a young team it gonna take time and we probably hit a couple low spot before he gets his guys.

I'm sure most Texas fans felt that way after the TCU game. There was reason to be concerned, and wonder if he was the man for the job. I didn't think he would make it past year 3

But having concern and thinking that he may not be the man for the job, is not the same as saying he destroyed the program in the short amount of time he has been at Texas. That's just ignorant, and it sounds like that individual just doesn't like Strong. Having concern, is not the same as saying he should be fired today, as if the next coach would find that very appealing. Some people just went overboard.

I thought we would beat Cal and OSU, lose to TCU, then beat OU. Even after getting beat down by TCU, I still thought that we would beat OU. I thought OU was overrated, because of their weak schedule. And they were overrated.

Dozer....I humbly ask your opinion here.....Was the situation at Michigan, or the one at Ohio State exactly the same as the Texas situation....was it better.....was it worse when the new coaches took over? Remember....football can be a game of inches.

Unless they came in cleaned house, the situations are not close to the same. Had Strong allowed Estelle, Harrison, and many others to stay on the team, we would have won more games in year one, and our record would be better right now. Strong made that choice, but getting rid of those players, stalled his wins. I like what Strong is doing, and next year his bandwagon will be full.

Trill....I am proud of a man that has the courage to do what is right, no matter the personal peril.The Texas Ranger Captain McNeely who cleaned up the Nueces strip after the Civil War said.." a man in the wrong cannot stand against a man in the right if he just keeps on a commin'"....Strong WAS a man in the right.I admit to beginning to doubt that he would be allowed to "keep on a commin'"....but I believe now that he will, and we are so..so much better for it. Yeah....the record stinks, but but for a break here and there, it could have been very much better even with the release of Estelle and Harrison...

Reactions: TexasTrill
I think you are kidding yourself if you think Strong is on the same level as Harbaugh or Meyer. Strong isn't there yet, maybe he will be, but he's not right now. You can argue about the different circumstances regarding what those coaches inherited compared to what Strong inherited, and I won't disagree, but another reason for OSU and Michigan's quick turnaround is the level of coaching they get from Meyer and Harbaugh.

Trill....I am proud of a man that has the courage to do what is right, no matter the personal peril.The Texas Ranger Captain McNeely who cleaned up the Nueces strip after the Civil War said.." a man in the wrong cannot stand against a man in the right if he just keeps on a commin'"....Strong WAS a man in the right.I admit to beginning to doubt that he would be allowed to "keep on a commin'"....but I believe now that he will, and we are so..so much better for it. Yeah....the record stinks, but but for a break here and there, it could have been very much better even with the release of Estelle and Harrison...

I agree.

I think you are kidding yourself if you think Strong is on the same level as Harbaugh or Meyer.

Maybe I missed it, but who said that? Saying the situations are different, isn't saying the coaches are on the same level...it's simply saying the situations are different. Maybe someone said that and I missed it, because I don't even see where that was implied.

frankly, there is no evidence that Harbaugh is on the same level as Meyer. In fact, the only other guy that can claim that is Saban

Maybe I missed it, but who said that? Saying the situations are different, isn't saying the coaches are on the same level...it's simply saying the situations are different. Maybe someone said that and I missed it, because I don't even see where that was implied.

I inferred it when I read the posts back and forth over the circumstances being different as the reason why the outcomes have been different. That may have been a miss on my end. I agree that's a part of the issue, but you can't ignore the other half, that they are simply better coaches right now. It's not simply Strong's inherited circumstances that have held him back, it's also his coaching decisions that was my point.

Trying to get him out? How did we try to get him out?

I stated my opinioin, he was in over his head in this job. I backed my opinion with examples of how he was in over his head.

In this one win some things changed, others have not.

1. He didn't lose the lockerroom like with thought, in fact because of all the talk about if he should or shouldn't be fired. His players rallied around him and fought like lions for him. That told me all I needed to know about the state of the Texas lockerroom.

2. Charlie is a terrible game manager. That has not changed, and it's likely going to cost us big time down the road. I can live with this if he is willing to learn from his mistakes.

3. Players were not improving. Well I saw lots of improvement against Oklahoma, even if we would have lost, I would have told you I saw lots of improvement. We held a pretty salty Oklahoma offense to 17 pts We had two guys over 100 yards rushing. We sacked the Oklahoma QB 10 times. Those are crazy stats.

4. Charlie Strong can't pick assistants. That one is still up in the air, but I'm ready to say that Norville and Traylor were home run hires. Brick's dline is playing 100 times better right now. I'm seeing much better effort from our oline. I will assess the staff after the season is over, one game is not a season. I want to see what Strong does with Watson.

5. Fans are fans, we are not bound by any rules of how to be a good fan, we have the right to chose how we pull for our team. Most of us have lives outside of being fans and why should we sit and waste our time and money watching a product that we don't like. Time is the most limited asset we have in this life, I'm not going to waste it.

Can't you just get off the man's back for at least the rest of the season?

As far as to how humongous this win is I want to wait and see. I look at this talented group of underclassmen we have and I think can we play like this the rest of the season? If they can play like this against our biggest rival why not? I look at our next five games and right now I think we can get the job done. I don't think we'll beat Baylor this year but win those five games and it's an automatic improvement over last year. If we can do this we'll get to a bowl game. Win a bowl game and it's a real improvement over last year. I've got my fingers crossed but maybe a few years from now we'll look back on this game and see that this was the game that turned the CS era around.

Can't you just get off the man's back for at least the rest of the season?

I'm pretty sure I'm on his side. Right after that win I told everyone, we all need to now shut up about replacing him because it isn't going to happen this year.

I've also gone on record that we need to commit to him no matter what the next two seasons to him. He needs to be able to replace assistants with the confidence that they have two years to turn this program around.

To make my previous point more clear. I wanted to either move quickly and replace him or commit to him for the next two years. There was nothing in between. I was leaning heavily for immediate replacement as I felt he lost his team.

I'm glad to say I was wrong in that.

So now I'm on board to give him 2 more years to get this turned around. If there isn't any improvement, then we know he isn't going to get the job done.

So don't worry about me, I'm on board, but if idiots keep bringing this stuff up I'm going to either engage them or ignore them.

He's been behaving himself so far. I enjoy his insight on sports as long as no one brings up politics.

Or anything that anyone disagreed with him on. He had been warned several times about his tirades and threatening people. Registering a new username isn't going to fly.

I think this game showed we had talent to play ALL ALONG. I think this game showed what EFFORT and getting a team ready can do.

If we can get this kind of play out of our players EVERY DAMN WEEK then I know Strong will be the man. If we only get up for a game like this every once in a while then Strong is not the man. Time will tell.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Listen.....I for one didn't like last years record or this years either but I believe Strong has to be given the chance with his "system" with his "players". Beating Ou was great ......but Ou (just like every other year since Blakes recruits won the NC) they were overrated. If sooner fans really believe recruiting in TEXAS hasn't hurt Ou then "delusion" is at its finest. We made a coaching change from a coach who made 10 wins a regularity and winning a National Championship......TEXAS made the change because the Program needed a new way of doing things.......kids coming in with the mindset that they were entitled to something had to be corrected. Strong is and will continue to build TEXAS back to prominence where they should be. Stoops and Ou are in that stagnant stage and it has to be addressed or it will continue to get worse.......which to me is a very good thing.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
I'm enjoying it as well but we really need to have big name programs playing top tier ball in this conference. Sorry TCU & Baylor, you guys are easily the cream of the crop right now but you're not big names......yet. The cotton bowl game needs to have championship implications. We dont have a scheduled ccg where we rip out Nebraska's heart anymore.

As far as to how humongous this win is I want to wait and see. I look at this talented group of underclassmen we have and I think can we play like this the rest of the season? If they can play like this against our biggest rival why not? I look at our next five games and right now I think we can get the job done. I don't think we'll beat Baylor this year but win those five games and it's an automatic improvement over last year. If we can do this we'll get to a bowl game. Win a bowl game and it's a real improvement over last year. I've got my fingers crossed but maybe a few years from now we'll look back on this game and see that this was the game that turned the CS era around.

I'm enjoying it as well but we really need to have big name programs playing top tier ball in this conference. Sorry TCU & Baylor, you guys are easily the cream of the crop right now but you're not big names......yet. The cotton bowl game needs to have championship implications. We dont have a scheduled ccg where we rip out Nebraska's heart anymore.

And in Baylor's case they're not doing themselves any favors with their non conference scheduling. Please note that since they made their comeback 5 years ago they have not even played one P5 school. AB is going to have to start scheduling more representative non conference competition, especially with the Big XII only having two top teams right now.

Gotta love the irony of OU troll with multiple banned screen names poking at a UT troll who has them.

Someone should put all these guys in a room (bullmarket, belldoucher, stampede, etc) and give them a bunch of pencils and they can have 2nd grade pencil fights. The guy who stole the metal air valve off of his parents tires and puts it over his eraser will win.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT