ADVERTISEMENT

Hudson Card

with that said how do you blame your 19 year old freshman qb? this year has been on coaching not your players. Lay off your QB
Remember, man. This wasn’t the treatment Card was getting at the beginning of this season. Card was everybody’s bitch on this very board. Nobody blamed Sark. Everybody wanted Quinn and we got him for better or worse. I blame Sark. If he wants to start a freshman, then you and the freshman take the heat. Playing a freshman is very low percentage. Everybody knows this. Sark has done this crap 2 years in a row

Remember, man. This wasn’t the treatment Card was getting at the beginning of this season. Card was everybody’s bitch on this very board. Nobody blamed Sark. Everybody wanted Quinn and we got him for better or worse. I blame Sark. If he wants to start a freshman, then you and the freshman take the heat. Playing a freshman is very low percentage. Everybody knows this. Sark has done this crap 2 years in a row
Card wasn't sarks man. Have to keep that in mind. This is year 1 under sarks " man" .

Card wasn't sarks man. Have to keep that in mind. This is year 1 under sarks " man" .
One way or another, I really hope Quinn and Sark get it together at KU. This would quash the social media topic of whether Sark should have put in Card. If this isn't a topic next week, this will be a good thing. The most important thing is to get wins at KU and Baylor by whatever means necessary. An 8-4 and possibly a 9-4 with bowl win or even 10-4 record if we get lucky and back into the CCG. This would solidify a good recruiting haul and restore confidence in our players and fans.

One way or another, I really hope Quinn and Sark get it together at KU. This would quash the social media topic of whether Sark should have put in Card. If this isn't a topic next week, this will be a good thing. The most important thing is to get wins at KU and Baylor by whatever means necessary. An 8-4 and possibly a 9-4 with bowl win or even 10-4 record if we get lucky and back into the CCG. This would solidify a good recruiting haul and restore confidence in our players and fans.
Do you have any confidence that this happens? I don’t.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Do you have any confidence that this happens? I don’t.
I wouldn’t describe it as confidence, but defense is really playing well and keeping Texas in the game. KU will be tough with their leader QB back. But, Texas should beat them and Ks St just throttled Baylor at home. So, It’s anyones game in the B12 this year. If I had a majic wish, I would ask that the offense play with a pissed off attitude to finish out every game this season. Doesn’t it seem they are playin so timid? From the OL to all the skill players just seems ho-hum mentality.

I wouldn’t describe it as confidence, but defense is really playing well and keeping Texas in the game. KU will be tough with their leader QB back. But, Texas should beat them and Ks St just throttled Baylor at home. So, It’s anyones game in the B12 this year. If I had a majic wish, I would ask that the offense play with a pissed off attitude to finish out every game this season. Doesn’t it seem they are playin so timid? From the OL to all the skill players just seems ho-hum mentality.
I don't think they have said if Daniels is going to play for sure or not. Sounds like it's still up in the air. Also Jason Bean got shaken up against Tech last weekend so there's a chance they are down to their 3rd QB.

I don't think they have said if Daniels is going to play for sure or not. Sounds like it's still up in the air. Also Jason Bean got shaken up against Tech last weekend so there's a chance they are down to their 3rd QB.

Kansas will be excited. Our guys should too. We've lost to them 2x now in the last what, 6/7 years?

I do like that the game is at 2:30 and not 11am or a night game.

Reactions: Hoookem722
Sark dumbed down the offense when Card was playing. He needs to do the same thing for Quinn right now.
The morning of the big call when Sark was to confirm the starting QB, Orangebloods inside sources said that Card was to be the starter and they had egg thier face when at the last minute it was Ewwrs to be the name starter. The inside sources said that Card just had more experience and a better handle on the playbook. My point being they haven’t dumb down the office for Card. They actually had a more complex passing approach, but less downfield. throws.

We all believed Ewers would allow for more down field opportunities, but not saying that the playbook was more complex.

Card also would use the shorter passes when the receivers were covered. Hence only 1 INT.

Ewers has had opportunity to check down, but continues to throw deep into 2 and 3 man coverage.

The morning of the big call when Sark was to confirm the starting QB, Orangebloods inside sources said that Card was to be the starter and they had egg thier face when at the last minute it was Ewwrs to be the name starter. The inside sources said that Card just had more experience and a better handle on the playbook. My point being they haven’t dumb down the office for Card. They actually had a more complex passing approach, but less downfield. throws.

We all believed Ewers would allow for more down field opportunities, but not saying that the playbook was more complex.

Card also would use the shorter passes when the receivers were covered. Hence only 1 INT.

Ewers has had opportunity to check down, but continues to throw deep into 2 and 3 man coverage.
When I say dumb down I mean more conservative and less downfield stuff. He utilized the screen game more.

Sark Runs to set up the pass. We couldn't run it because the O-LINE didn't block well. They are young and still in a development stage too. You pair that with a young QB and you get a mixed bag.
I like that Sark is letting them grow through the ups and downs together.

Would Card have gotten Texas to the Playoffs? No! Maybe the overall record is better maybe not, but the Goal is to win Natty's. So 8-4 with the future playing is better than say 9-3 with a guy that will likely transfer in the Spring. Just my big picture opinion.

That said. If the wheels fall off and we end up at 6-6. I will have to come back and edit this. :)

Sark Runs to set up the pass. We couldn't run it because the O-LINE didn't block well. They are young and still in a development stage too. You pair that with a young QB and you get a mixed bag.
I like that Sark is letting them grow through the ups and downs together.

Would Card have gotten Texas to the Playoffs? No! Maybe the overall record is better maybe not, but the Goal is to win Natty's. So 8-4 with the future playing is better than say 9-3 with a guy that will likely transfer in the Spring. Just my big picture opinion.

That said. If the wheels fall off and we end up at 6-6. I will have to come back and edit this. :)
I think the record is the exact same if Card had come in the last few weeks. He is 1-5 as a starter against power 5 opponents.

Reactions: hookem777
Hang in there. Both Ewers and Card will grow, improve for next year's season. Murphy might even jump them in ranks. Manning may sit them all on the sidelines if he doesn't redshirt. It's going to be ok. Even if some hit the portal.
🤘🤘

Reactions: hookem777 and westx
how do you come to that conclusion when 9x10 we are trowing 25 or more yards. Sark doesn't give Ewers the easy passes like he does Card.

Hell ill say it right now. Card plays against KSU and we
Quick feet, lol. Quick feet/footwork is the most overrated "mechanic" in QB play. Half the guys in the NFL have shoddy "footwork"

Well, when your two guards are absolute dog shit in pass pro, stepping up in the pocket isn't really an option.

Read progressions - agreed. He seems to have gotten worse

"Feet planted" - what the **** does this even mean? It is like saying "stay inside the baseball" when coaching someone to hit. No ****ing shit. Now, explain what that means. Are you saying both feet are in the air? That he is on his tiptoes? This is one of the laziest critiques of a QB, not you specifically, but I hear this shit all the time. Someone, somewhere said this and it is a narrative that is so incredibly shallow it drives me nuts.

It is about weight leverage, not your damn feet "planted" Nobody throws with their feet off the ground.

Ball doesn't have to be held high. Guys that throw at lower arm angle and from multiple angles don't hold the ball high. Nothing burger here

Did you really just say that (1) Quinn doesn't have a quick release and (2) that the ball MUST be loaded by the right ear? Come on man.

Quinn is what he is, he ain't changing, nor should he. He needs to learn how to control his weight leverage when throwing from different arm angles, NOT completely revamp his style. Silliness.

Mahomes isn't even near the first guy to throw from multiple arm angles successfully.
I thought this was interesting quote from todays article on quick feet

I think the past couple of games I’ve gotten too lazy with my feet,” Ewers said Monday. “It’s just plain and simple, I just need to get better at that whether it’s setting up in a certain gap or dropping straight back.”

I thought this was interesting quote from todays article on quick feet

I think the past couple of games I’ve gotten too lazy with my feet,” Ewers said Monday. “It’s just plain and simple, I just need to get better at that whether it’s setting up in a certain gap or dropping straight back.”

Overrated mechanic like I said. Weight leverage more important.

Didn’t say footwork wasn’t real. Said it is highly overrated, which it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT