ADVERTISEMENT

If Texas gets Hudson and Cobb

I've been burned too many times by lying $ooners not owning up when they lose. I don't do it anymore. It's only downside for me. You scumbags always just slither away when you lose.
Too bad, it would have been fun to see your new avatar for a month. I've never slithered away, I'd like to continue coming back. Get an admin to ban a snake

This legacy guy is a good poster, I respect the way you don't troll which is par for the course for sooner posters on this board, my thing is that we are all fans of a "game" around here and there is no need to hide behind some shroud of objectivity. Pimp your program but don't be a passive aggressive dick like Heisneburg and the like. Heisneburg is the poster that needs to put his money where is mouth his ;) ... Well sig bet money that is. Guess it's time for the annual sig bet thread

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Right now, you would take that wouldn't you? Heck, you would be in the CFP. Only loss in week 1, early loss doesn't hurt you. Undefeated conference record. Beat all your rivals. Let's make this happen! Lol

But we would have to depend on ND having a good season and top 10 finish to make our loss look like it wasn't that bad. I'm not sure we can count on the golden domers to carry their end of the bargain.;)

I think Norte dame beats us but it will be a loss that teaches this team a lot. It will be good timing for the Irish bc the same talent would wreck them by the time this team grows up

Why did we have to lose to tech....i hate losing to them and I hear to much chatter from my cousins that went there. We get revenge and beat tech!

We were doing good on D until Malik and Jenkins both went out. After that we didn't have any speed at all at the LB position. That was a killer against a talented QB.

This legacy guy is a good poster, I respect the way you don't troll which is par for the course for sooner posters on this board, my thing is that we are all fans of a "game" around here and there is no need to hide behind some shroud of objectivity. Pimp your program but don't be a passive aggressive dick like Heisneburg and the like. Heisneburg is the poster that needs to put his money where is mouth his ;) ... Well sig bet money that is. Guess it's time for the annual sig bet thread

Sig bets are meh to me, I like avatar bets. Especially since many users dont have one, it would be fun! I didnt think it'd be this hard to find a texas fan to make one with me for the RRR. I really wanted to make sholz eat a fat D with a nice new avatar but he doesnt have the stones.

Just don't trust lying $ooners that's all. You scumbags don't own up when you lose.

I think Norte dame beats us but it will be a loss that teaches this team a lot. It will be good timing for the Irish bc the same talent would wreck them by the time this team grows up

Wreck them? ND is mostly Sophomores also.
This is the starting lineup of the offense & class coming into the 2016 season.
QB Kizer (SO)
RB Adams (SO)
WR St Brown (SO)
WR Sanders (SO)
WR Hunter (SR)
TE Jones (SO)
C Mustipher (SO)
RG Hoge (SO)
LG Nelson (SO)
RT Bars (SO)
LT McGlinchey (JR)

That's 9 sophomores, 1 junior, 1 senior. Those 9 sophomores all started or played games as freshmen, won 10 games & are already grown up.
ND is expected to be much, much better in '17 & '18. And has top 10 classes coming in.

But we would have to depend on ND having a good season and top 10 finish to make our loss look like it wasn't that bad. I'm not sure we can count on the golden domers to carry their end of the bargain.;)

I think we are a 10-2 team. So a loss to us won't be bad at all. ND is actually really young, so they will stumble some but should win 10 games with the offense. The D will cost them a couple though.

QB Kizer (SO)
RB Adams (SO)
WR St Brown (SO)
WR Sanders (SO)
WR Hunter (SR)
TE Jones (SO)
C Mustipher (SO)
RG Hoge (SO)
LG Nelson (SO)
RT Bars (SO)
LT McGlinchey (JR)

That's 9 sophomores, 1 junior, 1 senior. Those 9 sophomores all started or played games as freshmen, won 10 games & are already grown up.
ND is expected to be much, much better in '17 & '18. And has top 10 classes coming in.

So all your players are "grown up" just cause they played some last year? And you already know you guys are having top 10 classes the next two recruiting cycles? Did you really have to add that in there when our 2016 class is better then yours and we will only keep going up. Just need to win a few games and we are right back in the driver seat.

Reactions: swVAHorn
QB Kizer (SO)
RB Adams (SO)
WR St Brown (SO)
WR Sanders (SO)
WR Hunter (SR)
TE Jones (SO)
C Mustipher (SO)
RG Hoge (SO)
LG Nelson (SO)
RT Bars (SO)
LT McGlinchey (JR)

Sounds like Texas, game on.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
QB Kizer (SO)
RB Adams (SO)
WR St Brown (SO)
WR Sanders (SO)
WR Hunter (SR)
TE Jones (SO)
C Mustipher (SO)
RG Hoge (SO)
LG Nelson (SO)
RT Bars (SO)
LT McGlinchey (JR)

They young but UT will have a FR QB & C. That only trumps ND offense

So all your players are "grown up" just cause they played some last year? And you already know you guys are having top 10 classes the next two recruiting cycles? Did you really have to add that in there when our 2016 class is better then yours and we will only keep going up. Just need to win a few games and we are right back in the driver seat.

They just didn't "play some," all of them started multiple games, & 5 of them started at least 10 games. Our '16 class is just fine, a lot of lineman, not too glitzy but still top 15. We are loaded at QB, RB, WR, TE, so the '16 class was spent on a lot of "needed areas" that aren't fancy. Our '17 class is 7th right now, '18 class is 2nd already after adding nation's #1 QB Jurkovec. And we have Wimbush with 3 years of eligibility after this year (QB who chose ND over Bama & Ohio St).
So add in already good, young players who are proven winners to good recruiting. So yeah, I like our future a lot.
That's not saying anything negative to Texas or your future, I'm just saying that ND is expected to be better in '17 & '18 than this year by most.

That will be tough. True freshman QB is difficult. We can trade you a QB for a LB?
Most teams have seemingly had 3 QBs better than our starter lately. We're cautiously optimistic that comes to an end this season, especially with our new OC and offense and O line.

ND is good, but not a 10 win team next year. Sorry to burst your optimistic bubble, but this is reality calling.

Okay? Who are their losses?
Obviously we don't know what will happen, but the two most accurate predictors (Phil Steele & PFT) have them at 11 & 10 wins.
I don't know how me saying 10 is not realistic?

Most teams have seemingly had 3 QBs better than our starter lately. We're cautiously optimistic that comes to an end this season, especially with our new OC and offense and O line.

Yeah, I think you have a winner with your freshman QB. You just need another one in the next two classes. Always have two top 10 guys at QB in your program seems to be the recipe for success.

Reactions: Scholz
I thought we were discussing this year as the game is this year.

According to Phil Steele ND returns only 24 OL starts in '16. Is that correct? http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2016/JUNE16/DBJune13.html

He says in his mag, pages 192-193 that his starters for ND is skewed based on injuries. For example, Bars was not a starter last year at a position, but he started multiple games at 3 different positions due to injury. So technically he was not a starter, but he started 3 games, & played significant minutes in all until his injury.

The list I gave was all of players who started last year. ND had a record number of injuries, which Phil Steele also lists, so they had 8 different starters at OLine, 2 at QB, 3 at RB, 3 at TE.
Of the guys I listed, only 2 (Nelson & McGlinchey) were starters opening day.

Yeah, I think you have a winner with your freshman QB. You just need another one in the next two classes. Always have two top 10 guys at QB in your program seems to be the recipe for success.
2017 QB Sam Ehlinger is supposed to be that other one for us.

Good question. I'd rather have 2 good QBs than 0 though.

Same exact thing happened to us a few years ago, & we ended up with 0 QBs. Had a 5* prior starter, had a 4* who took his job, had a solid 4* backup, recruited a 5* who wanted to play. One transferred after graduation, one ruled academically ineligible, backup got hurt, & 5* recruit transferred before season.
So lost two 5*s, two 4*s & started a 3* career backup.
Hard to make them all happy. Imagine telling Ehlinger to redshirt?

Scholz this brings up a good point. Charley had some success at Louisville and was hired by Texas I assume because Texas liked what system he ran at Louisville and the success he had. Texas is on their 3rd OC in as many years and the D finished like 107th in the nation last year. It seems to me that Charley isn't running anywhere near the O or D that he ran at Lousville. Does it concern you that he appears to not have an identity or do you think he has been able to learn on the go and the new o system will be successful?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT