ADVERTISEMENT

If Texas gets Hudson and Cobb

Jsto I've predicted 7-5 or 8-4 for Texas. One reason because I believe the big 12 will be weaker this year, but also I think y'all will be SLIGHTLY improved.

Jsto I've predicted 7-5 or 8-4 for Texas. One reason because I believe the big 12 will be weaker this year, but also I think y'all will be SLIGHTLY improved.
You are changing your tune a bit aren't you? All Texas fans on here are claiming we are going to be better....you acted like that was nuts.....now you are hedging your bets. No Texas fans are acting like this is the first year of never losing another game. Texas fans expect to be better this year and be in the conversation for Conf Champ going forward. Make your mind up. Slightly improved? Do you think Texas fans think something different? I think Texas will be quite a bit better than last year. 8 or 9 wins is not out of the question at all.

Reactions: jsto60
You are changing your tune a bit aren't you? All Texas fans on here are claiming we are going to be better....you acted like that was nuts.....now you are hedging your bets. No Texas fans are acting like this is the first year of never losing another game. Texas fans expect to be better this year and be in the conversation for Conf Champ going forward. Make your mind up. Slightly improved? Do you think Texas fans think something different? I think Texas will be quite a bit better than last year. 8 or 9 wins is not out of the question at all.

Nailed it.

Not to mention, he himself is predicting we will win like 4 more games than last year. That is quite an improvement...................(shhhh just don't tell him that because he will tell you that you are crazy)

And don't get that last comment twisted gooner. I am not at all saying I'd be happy with that record. Just saying that anyone would admit that if you double your win total from one season to another.....thats a large jump.

Especially if you are talking about going from just under .500 to near double digits wins in the very next season. We are not talking going from 1 win to 2. Its about as large a jump as you can make.....and here gooner is predicting it.....and then bashing us for saying the same thing.

Reactions: swVAHorn
Here's the rub gooner.

We weren't as bad last year as the record reflected. We got stomped vs TCU and it was ugly. We lost a horrific game vs ISU. And we rolled the best team in the conference in a neutral site game. A team that went to the playoffs. We did it by running the ball down your throat with a QB who hardly attempted a pass. And our young D shut your hypesman candidate down for almost the whole game.

Now we return most of the starters. Bring in a new OC (to me this is by far the single most impact addition.....more than any player). We add in some more young and talented depth to what is already now a somewhat experienced young team. And our two QBs have a new guy challenging them.

We aren't as good as some people are all hyped up. But we aren't that bad either. I need to see growth and consistency happen throughout the year.

Bottom line, we are talented enough to beat just about anyone (and we proved this last year in the RRS game). And we are still young and so many changes have happened that we will get stumped in a game we shouldn't and we will get rolled by a really good team who is more ready than our OC and young QB is. What I hope for more than any win total.....is competing on the field in every game. No TCU blowout type game. No lack of effort from the team and clueless coaching game like the ISU game.

We will be improved. How much, remains to be seen.

Now tell me about your team gooner. You got embarrassed the last time we saw you on a field face to face. And embarrassed the last time we saw you on TV in your playoff blowout. I know you are all giddy about sir chokesunder pressure but dances on youtube Mayfield. You worried about key losses on D or in the trenches?

No one is predicting that Texas is going to duplicate TCU's 12-1 2014 season after their 4-8 2013 season. We are predicting 8 or 9 wins.

I don't necessarily believe that Baylor will be down this coming year. They have a ton of offensive talent, and as it stands right now they are keeping the staff and scheme in place. I believe the year after next is when you see the effects of this scandal on Baylor on the field.

RU OL returns just 21 starts. Their is no way to know how this offseason affects them mentally.

Good grief.

We kicked your teeth in last year. So we are good enough.

Our biggest issue last year was inconsistent QB play. In spite of that...we lost a few very close games last year. One on an XP. And we were beating OSU until we muffed a punt in the closing minute and gave them the game. Literally a few plays away from attaining the 7-5 record you act like we would be crazy to think we could reach this year.

I do NOT think we are some world beater. But we also better have a better record than last year. Or else people need to be fired.

And it has NOTHING to do with recruiting buzz. Sure we got an influx of good young talent. I think we will be better because we return a ton of starters. The OC will make positive waves with an inconsistent offense. And I do think Buechele will stabilize the QB position to at least the point where I don't want to throw up each time the QB attempts a real pass. He is young, he will have growing pains. The inexperience will cost us in a big game or two.

That being said.....we are better than last year. And last year we flat out punched OU in the mouth and dominated them in the trenches. We literally have a team that can beat anyone and also still lose to anyone. And guaranteed....the team will have a better record than last year.
Haha someone has been to the Les Miles School of explaining away Losses. Remember the year he went to the NC game with 2 losses but reminded everyone that his team was undefeated 'in regulation' . Look, at this point, with the talent that Texas and OU get every year, there is really only one way Texas can go. You should be able to out athlete your way to 7-5(and the fact Strong hasn't should be quite alarming to you) you predicting you're going to be better is not really like you're putting yourself out there, you're just using basic cognitive function, something you rarely do.

Last edited:
What's the bet, straight up winner between OU/Texas this year?

Yeah pretty much. I'm willing to make another side bet as to who has more wins too.
I'm saying its a complete rebuild that is going well on flipping the roster. Watson is his fault and it's really only 2 OC's but who cares. They weren't that far off last year running a shitload of kids on to the field. There were several bad losses that got in my craw, but I really like how the stars are lining up. Stoops is a good coach, but he sucks in the big games! I hope he's there for many moons. 60 freshmen to sophomores, 25 juniors to 5th year seniors. Charlie has flipped the roster, now it's time to move forward and not back.

I hope Stoops stays for a while too! At least another few years, or until/if Riley is ready to take over. He's definitely lost some big games, but his overall record vs the top 25 remains 55-28. 10-6 against his biggest rival. And he owns the largest margin of victory for the entire series. Just for the heck of it I added up all the scores, and if I didnt screw up the math, the average score of RRR during the Stoops era is 33-24 in favor of OU. Anyway yeah looks like strong is flipping things around with a young roster, I like seeing a lot of youth on the OU roster too. Hopefully this will be the bar none best most exciting rivalry game of the year again.

Anyone who thinks Texas fans are irrational for expecting significant improvement this year must also think that Phil Steele is an uninformed UT homer.

I think it's just not the best proposition to expect significant improvement when the offense will be lead by a true freshman, and that's not even to get into the new position coaches, new system, new OC. I know OU had a similar offseason- new coaches, new OC, new system , new qb. Only diff was he's played at the D1 level already and it seems to have been a pretty big factor for him. Usually you dont really know what you have out of a player until he's played in real games. He could be really good but he's also never faced the kind of competition he'll be seeing in a couple months. I'll be watching the ND game! Cant wait.

I think it's just not the best proposition to expect significant improvement when the offense will be lead by a true freshman, and that's not even to get into the new position coaches, new system, new OC. I know OU had a similar offseason- new coaches, new OC, new system , new qb. Only diff was he's played at the D1 level already and it seems to have been a pretty big factor for him. Usually you dont really know what you have out of a player until he's played in real games. He could be really good but he's also never faced the kind of competition he'll be seeing in a couple months. I'll be watching the ND game! Cant wait.
A freshman QB is a negative BUT the offense is a LOT simpler for him than the system Watson had. It is a pretty simple offense in general. Speed...speed.....speed. Get ball throw ball. Quicker the better. Not many 5 and 7 step drops in this offense.

Texas will be better at QB with the freshman.....did you see our QBs last year?

Texas will be better in the backfield and the offensive line. Better at Receiver. Better in every way on defense except maybe DT. I really like the look of this team.

Yeah pretty much. I'm willing to make another side bet as to who has more wins too.

I hope Stoops stays for a while too! At least another few years, or until/if Riley is ready to take over. He's definitely lost some big games, but his overall record vs the top 25 remains 55-28. 10-6 against his biggest rival. And he owns the largest margin of victory for the entire series. Just for the heck of it I added up all the scores, and if I didnt screw up the math, the average score of RRR during the Stoops era is 33-24 in favor of OU. Anyway yeah looks like strong is flipping things around with a young roster, I like seeing a lot of youth on the OU roster too. Hopefully this will be the bar none best most exciting rivalry game of the year again.
The Stoops era record versus Mack is one thing....But, we are in the Strong era now and it is 1-1 with OU being outclassed in each of the last two games. Mistakes cost Texas in the first.

As long as both teams show up, I keep hearing OU hasn't shown up the last 2 years. This will always be a great game.

...and yep, the roster flip is going really-really well. 28 Freshmen, 6 RedShirt Freshmen, 26 Sophomores, 14 Juniors and 12 Seniors of which 2 are walk on scholarship recipients over the past 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Longyac look no further than soldier stating could run the table if yall get passed ND. Lol. So as I've read thru some comments y'all will be good in 2 years? Ok gotcha. I'll have to save some of these comments

Hey Sooner fanboys, tell us about the corner you're about to suspend.

Last edited:
Longyac look no further than soldier stating could run the table if yall get passed ND. Lol. So as I've read thru some comments y'all will be good in 2 years? Ok gotcha. I'll have to save some of these comments
You are not here to talk trash though right? Pathetic. In your post you said "Texas fans think that since January they have gotten better"....now the whole college football world believes Texas is better than they were EXCEPT ou fans and haters of Texas in general. How has Texas STAYED the same? How has Texas gotten worse? Tell us....?

No that is not how a snake operates is it?? You then go to the "slightly" better so that you can hedge your bets IF Texas does even better than they should this year.

Question to you.......Will Texas be better this year than the last 2? Nevermind that Texas should be a lot better NEXT year.....Will Texas be better this year? Simple.

Reactions: jsto60
I'm not going to sit here and say we'll definitely be better, because I've watched this group make no progress for six years now. With that said, this would be pretty hard for the coaching staff to screw up. They have more experience and talent than they have had the entire time they have been here. 8 wins should not only be doable, it should be an expectation.

Wonder why Cobb has not declared to OU to date? Thought it was a done deal.

Think he is not that sold on the sooners & exploring other options...

Wonder why Cobb has not declared to OU to date? Thought it was a done deal.

Think he is not that sold on the sooners & exploring other options...
They need him, because their defense is not going to be very good! I don't see the upside for them on that side of the ball in 2016.

I'm not going to sit here and say we'll definitely be better, because I've watched this group make no progress for six years now. With that said, this would be pretty hard for the coaching staff to screw up. They have more experience and talent than they have had the entire time they have been here. 8 wins should not only be doable, it should be an expectation.
You haven't seen THIS group do squat for six years.... is correct.

The Stoops era record versus Mack is one thing....But, we are in the Strong era now and it is 1-1 with OU being outclassed in each of the last two games. Mistakes cost Texas in the first.

As long as both teams show up, I keep hearing OU hasn't shown up the last 2 years. This will always be a great game.

...and yep, the roster flip is going really-really well. 28 Freshmen, 6 RedShirt Freshmen, 26 Sophomores, 14 Juniors and 12 Seniors of which 2 are walk on scholarship recipients over the past 2 seasons.

True, but from the looks of it, tx is only showing up to a few games a year, and that certainly isnt cutting it. Little early to be able to draw conclusions with one coach vs the othe, but maybe we'll have a good 7 games between the two. The record is now 1-1, but Stoops has one up on something, IMO, more important, a big 12 title. The game this year will be much bigger than it has been for the past couple years!

So your team is even younger and more inexperienced than it was when it went 5-7 last year? It's interesting thinking about that how you can have a reasonable expectation that they win 3-4 more games than they did last year. Hard to really truly know what you have when there's such little on field experience, but we shall be seeing very soon.

Your numbers made me curious so, compared to OU:

15 freshmen, 12 redshirt freshmen, 21 sophmores, 21 juniors, 17 seniors.

fr/so for tx is 60. sr/jr 26
For OU 48 sr/jr 38

tx is much younger and inexperienced, which isnt always a recipe for competing for titles. Could be one more rebuilding year. I like OU's balance though and it bodes well for them if they want to get back to the playoff. So i can see why you are excited about '17. so long as OU's class maintains it's top 3 status, i like OU's chances to stay young and talented too.

Also, i heard you can only offer 25 new schollies per year. How does this affect texas having 28 freshmen? (this doesnt account for any new schollies for non freshmen)

True, but from the looks of it, tx is only showing up to a few games a year, and that certainly isnt cutting it. Little early to be able to draw conclusions with one coach vs the othe, but maybe we'll have a good 7 games between the two. The record is now 1-1, but Stoops has one up on something, IMO, more important, a big 12 title. The game this year will be much bigger than it has been for the past couple years!

So your team is even younger and more inexperienced than it was when it went 5-7 last year? It's interesting thinking about that how you can have a reasonable expectation that they win 3-4 more games than they did last year. Hard to really truly know what you have when there's such little on field experience, but we shall be seeing very soon.

Your numbers made me curious so, compared to OU:

15 freshmen, 12 redshirt freshmen, 21 sophmores, 21 juniors, 17 seniors.

fr/so for tx is 60. sr/jr 26
For OU 48 sr/jr 38

tx is much younger and inexperienced, which isnt always a recipe for competing for titles. Could be one more rebuilding year. I like OU's balance though and it bodes well for them if they want to get back to the playoff. So i can see why you are excited about '17. so long as OU's class maintains it's top 3 status, i like OU's chances to stay young and talented too.
Nope, they're not ready to compete for titles. That is definitely a moving forward discussion. As for the youth, it spanked OU last year and lost big to TCU. It's obvious who they showed up for! There is a ton of young talent, hopefully they have the football IQ to go with their athletic abilities. But, 2017 is where I expect to see things explode.

I hope Texas beats Ou this coming year or else y'all won't have much to brag about ( assuming you have the year most are expecting).

I hope Texas beats Ou this coming year or else y'all won't have much to brag about ( assuming you have the year most are expecting).

Just when I thought you were a decent reasonable poster...

edit: well, really not that bad of trashing Texas.

Me too, it would likely mean 8-9 wins and a descent bowl birth which simply helps the cause.

Bass I'm just stating that's the usual comeback when Texas fans feel they are losing an argument, discussion, etc . I'll say this again, I want Texas to be good again. It helps the conference, the national perception and heck it just makes it more exciting

Bass I'm just stating that's the usual comeback when Texas fans feel they are losing an argument, discussion, etc . I'll say this again, I want Texas to be good again. It helps the conference, the national perception and heck it just makes it more exciting

What the f***...

You think I feel like I'm losing an argument to a sooner??!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT