ADVERTISEMENT

Instant Analysis: Horns land BIG lineman that Alex and I love more than most

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
1639337349595.png

Cliffs Notes: The Texas recruiting momentum continued to pick up steam on Sunday with a commitment from Duncanville offensive lineman Cameron Williams.

Rankings: Rivals currently Banks ranked as a high three-star prospect, the No.16 offensive guard in the nation and the No.71 overall prospect in the state of Texas. 247 currently has him rated as a three-star prospect and the No.23 overall prospect in Texas, while ESPN has him ranked as four-star and the No.277 overall prospect in the country. On3 has him ranked as a four-star and the No.48 player in the state of Texas. In the soon to be updated Lone Star Recruiting Rankings, I've got him rated as the No.22 player in the Lone Star State.

Key Offers: Oregon (OV), Oklahoma (OV), Miami (OV), Texas Tech (OV), Arkansas, Auburn, Florida State, UGA, Michigan, Ohio State, Texas A&M and USC.

Evaluation: Here's a look at what Alex Dunlap wrote about Williams earlier in the year when the Longhorns hadn't yet started to recruit Williams.

"Everyone should know by now that I'm not the type of guy who will go into this type of setting and rubber-stamp a prospect based on his size alone. In fact, it usually makes me a little nervous. Williams is not an exception. I think he actually needs to lose weight. But boy can he smother you with his size. I had measured his hands at just under 11 inches previously and every part of his body I've described as cartoon-like. He moves very well. Not well "for his size," just WELL.

When normally I worry about these taller players teetering with their balance and getting overextended, Williams actually has a smooth glide into pass-pro. His length presents defenders with an impossible choice in their pass rush: 1) try to speed rush upfield and around his big ass; in which case Williams' longer kicks take them well past the depth of the pocket; or 2) try to convert an inside power move from a speed rush where Williams shows the agility and general athleticism to reset his anchor to his left foot and deliver a devastating, video-game like punch from the inside hand. Cameron Williams is not a Kendell Jones-variety novelty who walks onto the field as a giant but doesn't play like one. Cameron Williams is very good and has tremendous potential."

Former Texas prep player he reminds me of: Trent Williams

Why it matters: This Texas staff loves BIG offensive linemen. Loves them. There's no bigger high-end offensive line prospect in the Lone Star State in the 2022 class than Williams, who arrives with a warning sticker because of his size, but has the upside to be exactly the kind of monster-sized lineman that generally thrive in the SEC. When you combine his commitment with the other three linemen that are already in the class and the two that might soon follow (Devon Campbell and Malik Agbo), the Longhorns are in a good position to the sign the nation's best offensive line class at a time when it just happens to be the No.1 need in this class.

Enjoy his junior highlights...

1639337500157.png

You watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade every year but never knew how to attend. Or you may be concerned about logistics and the weather. Come experience the pageantry with us at our indoor brunch along the parade route. This all-inclusive viewing experience offers the best of both worlds—a brunch table spot protected from the weather and an outdoor standing area.

2022 MACY PARADE PACKAGE
November 23-26, 2022 – New York City

2022 PACKAGE INCLUDES:
  • Three-night stay in a midtown Manhattan hotel - You will be in walking distance of Central Park and the parade brunch. We can add on additional nights as well. Here is a list of our hotels and prices.
  • Parade brunch - Thousands of families camp out early in the morning to stand along the parade route, rain or shine. Why not experience the event in style with us? You will have a reserved table seat indoors and an outdoor viewing area. With our packages, we’ll provide brunch with table seating, breakfast, brunch and lunch items.
  • Opportunity to see parade balloon inflation - If you fly in early enough on Wednesday, join us in the afternoon for a chance to photograph the famous giant character balloons as they are being inflated.
  • Tickets to see the Rockettes and a ticket to a Broadway show - Your package includes a ticket for a Broadway show, as well as orchestra seats for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, featuring the Rockettes. We also offer ticket advice on anything you want to do in NYC. You should consider visiting Central Park, the 9/11 memorial, the Statue of Liberty, ice skating at Bryant Park, the High Line, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Times Square, Greenwich Village, Chelsea Market, and much more.
  • Welcome reception
  • Additional Nights and upgrades available for our guests (additional costs apply)
If you would like to view our packages in more detail, you may do so online (View Packages)

Attachments

• 1639337349595.png
    1639337349595.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 7,343
  • 1639337500157.png
    1639337500157.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 6,410
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews