ADVERTISEMENT

Is unimpressed a legit opinion or am I wrong ?

Wrong. Defense looked miles better. Offense looked like it was a slow start 2nd half could have put up more but pulled the starters.

Defense got turns overs. We didn't see that last year.

I'd much rather we looked slow on offense than defense

Defense - much improved

Offense - not there

Quinn - Back Foot

Malik - King Kong Cannon

4 - gonna be good

DBs - not bad at all

Ford - Monster
to be fair "back foot" was under pressure all game long because of MAINLY campbell and majors. Figure out pass pro and we have nothing to talk about

Reactions: DHHorn
to be fair "back foot" was under pressure all game long because of MAINLY campbell and majors. Figure out pass pro and we have nothing to talk about

They have to get it figured out. You can't have a dominate OL with even 1 weak link. All 5 need to be solid to elite. And if you have 2 that struggle, well then, you don't have an OL. I don't care how good that LT is.

Campbell is still learning. There is no excuse for Majors. He just isn't very good.

Reactions: hookem777
They have to get it figured out. You can't have a dominate OL with even 1 weak link. All 5 need to be solid to elite. And if you have 2 that struggle, well then, you don't have an OL. I don't care how good that LT is.

Campbell is still learning. There is no excuse for Majors. He just isn't very good.
Agreed

Quinn won’t make it through the season if the Oline doesn’t improve. Rice was able to get way too much pressure.

Reactions: Hookedonit
The offense definitely looked very shaky and there’s plenty of reason to be worried.

On the other hand, the defense looked stellar and they look to be a solid 2 deep at about every position. If the defense is as good as I think it’s going to be they will keep us in a lot of games.

Reactions: EC Ricebird
I thought the starting D was impressive granted they were playing lesser talent. They were dominant and they were pretty basic most of the game.

well, utsa is giving houston all they want... baylor is about to lose to swt... yormark's favorite team is struggling with wyoming... tcu lost to a team that went 1-11 last year, no matter how you slice it

so fellas, relax

The days of 60+ blow outs are probably not going to happen anymore. I'll take the win but that slow start won't be good against Alleybama.

Y'all want pretty-- that's why you're unimpressed. Our defense looks really good. That's not pretty. Hypothetically even if our offense is not a good as you'd hoped-- and i attribute some of that to first game stuff--, that defense will handle a lot of the heavy lifting. I didn't think the offense was bad anyway-- we'd be fine fine fine, then stub our toe. That's how you end up with field goals. Just don't ask 5 to block for anybody

Texas had more total yards, rushing, passing, first downs and 3rd down conversions in this years opener than last years. Just had a few less big plays go our way this year.

Hopefully some of those hit this week. :)

Hey we had a plain vanilla offense yesterday by design. Need to remember that.
Did you hear Brock Huard? I realize he's an idiot but he was an NFL qb for a long time. His answer to holding back plays was, 'if you do that, then you don't want to win. When you play, you take your 'A' game every week.'

Did you hear Brock Huard? I realize he's an idiot but he was an NFL qb for a long time. His answer to holding back plays was, 'if you do that, then you don't want to win. When you play, you take your 'A' game every week.'
I can assure you after re watching the game this morning that Brock was definitely wrong about that. Game plan was as basic and vanilla as I expected it to be. Guarantee you Sark has some stuff he saved specifically for this week. I don’t have a doubt in my mind.

And he also did not play in the NFL a long time. He played a whole 4 games over a 3 year span lol

Reactions: outhereincali
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT