It's Texas/Oklahoma week share some memories

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
It's been 40 years and 7 presidents since the Texas longhorns were ranked number one going into the Oklahoma game. This is wrong and it's about time we changed this.

The one time I went was a disaster. It was 2000 and we lost 63/14 and Oklahoma went on to win the nc. It was my father, my brother, and I. It was a rainy day. I kept waiting for us to turn it around but it wasn't going to happen. That's all I'm going to say about that except it was a wasted road trip.

Favorite victory 2008 a classic matchup of 2 great QBs who were gladiators that day. I wish I could get the photograph of McCoy and Bradford shaking hands after the game. Texas 45 Oklahoma 35

Favorite play. 1994 Stony Clark stop on 4th down is there anything else? That play well live forever in my heart. Texas 17 Oklahoma 10

What are yours let's keep this going till GameDay

Hookemhorns
Oklahoma sucks
Charlie Brown kicked the fg and Vanderbilt beat Alabama

Last edited:
Reactions: Crimson_Warrior
A couple of college teammates and I started making this an annual tradition in 2018. I had season tickets through the Vince and Colt years, but I had never attended the Red River shootout before 2018.

My most memorable? 49 - 0.

All these inbreds are about to get in their houses and drive down here with their filth. Let’s put them back in their wheel estate and send them north with an ass whippin.

Went by the girls bathroom on the way to the boys. The girls line looked like it stretched back all the way to Waco. Was taking a leak when i heard a commotion. Two guys with their girls had come into boys room. Talk about a sneaky way to cut in line. Quickly zipped up and joined in cheering them on. Think it was 1999. A win over coordinator Mike Leach Ninja offense.

Last edited:
My first - Billy Sims ran wild in 1978. The atmosphere was great. Losing sucked hairy balls. My first W - Donnie Little at QB in 1981. Nothing better than seeing them running around with the golden hat after the win. I've been 16 times, and my career record is 3-13. I saw the 5 straight Stoops over Mack. Miserable. I hate to tell you guys this, but I want to go Saturday, because its going to be a beat down. Unless I go and jinx it. I say it every year - this is the best event our great state has to offer.

My first - Billy Sims ran wild in 1978. The atmosphere was great. Losing sucked hairy balls. My first W - Donnie Little at QB in 1981. Nothing better than seeing them running around with the golden hat after the win. I've been 16 times, and my career record is 3-13. I saw the 5 straight Stoops over Mack. Miserable. I hate to tell you guys this, but I want to go Saturday, because its going to be a beat down. Unless I go and jinx it. I say it every year - this is the best event our great state has to offer.

3-13 omg please go to this game! You are the kiss of death for the horns!

• Haha
Reactions: diadevic

Keep your ass at the house!

1984 15-15 tie. We were ranked #1. I recall Brett Stafford QB?? Stadium was in a rain downpour. We wore garbage bags for shelter. We all chanted UT still #1! Got blindsided by a drunk OU dude. Brief fight but the police quickly arrested him. 8 of us packed in a car and stayed in a single room hotel to save money. Commerce street revelry. That was my first RRR game as a UT sophomore. So many other nefarious activities that weekend. Will always remember that one.

Reactions: okiehorn
1984 15-15 tie. We were ranked #1. I recall Brett Stafford QB?? Stadium was in a rain downpour. We wore garbage bags for shelter. We all chanted UT still #1! Got blindsided by a drunk OU dude. Brief fight but the police quickly arrested him. 8 of us packed in a car and stayed in a single room hotel to save money. Commerce street revelry. That was my first RRR game as a UT sophomore. So many other nefarious activities that weekend. Will always remember that one.
Todd Dodge at QB that game? Pretty sure it wasn't Stafford.

Reactions: westx
I remember that one very well. I have to admit we had a very bad call go our ..way. We kicked a fg on the last play and settled for a tie. It was when the Bosworth era started. And it was the begining of the end of the Akers era at Texas. This was the pre overtime era and I used to hate it when coaches settled for ties but Akers did the right thing we weren't going to win and we had to settle for what we could get.

I look back and that was when the RRR were defensive struggles. And back in the way the hitting was vicious on both sides.

Went by the girls bathroom on the way to the boys. The girls line looked like it stretched back all the way to Waco. Was taking a leak when i heard a commotion. Two guys with their girls had come into boys room. Talk about a sneaky way to cut in line. Quickly zipped up and joined in cheering them on. Think it was 1999. A win over coordinator Mike Leach Ninja offense.
Man, the opposite happened to me, once. While scouting a hs game, I had to find the nearest facilities. Went in (no one was in there), closed the door to the stall. Then....I heard women come in, talking. I was in the ladies restroom! Fortunately those 2 ladies left and the place was clear. I sprinted out, sweating more than during 2adays! Once i was outside and safe, a bunch of hs band girls were heading there. I said my thank you prayers to the Big Guy upstairs. My fellow coaches had a good laugh on me.
I am ocd now on checking which latrine I enter now.🤣