ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From the Weekend (Announcing some changes)

Triple g would walk down canelo and beat him to death. That little dude is a walking tank.

Triple g would walk down canelo and beat him to death. That little dude is a walking tank.
You might be right, but I think Canelo is very underrated for his overall skill. This is a guy that was rolling his shoulders in defense against Floyd just because he wanted to show that he could. It's a must-want watch.

Good stuff, Main. The Holleran article really hit hard. Have some experience with this from an ex. The comparison to cancer is really accurate. It's very complex stuff and there are no guarantees as we may never understand it fully. Awareness and acceptance may be the best we can ever do.

Bonus Buy or Sell question: As some have speculated, is UFC really beginning to die a slow death, while boxing is beginning a rebirth?

No, I was talking about re-rankings various recruiting years from the state of Texas. I have not re-ranked Top 25 classes.
Ok - not just the Horns but you reviewed other Texas schools as well - I missed it but I'll look forward to seeing it in the future - I'm guessing the comparision made the signing day rankings look like drivel.

Good stuff, Main. The Holleran article really hit hard. Have some experience with this from an ex. The comparison to cancer is really accurate. It's very complex stuff and there are no guarantees as we may never understand it fully. Awareness and acceptance may be the best we can ever do.

Bonus Buy or Sell question: As some have speculated, is UFC really beginning to die a slow death, while boxing is beginning a rebirth?
Sell.

I don't know if it's a death, but it needs something to send the momentum in a major way. Dana White can't catch a break. NOt sure I'd call boxing's movement a rebirth, but it does have some momentum in the sport.

Ok - not just the Horns but you reviewed other Texas schools as well - I missed it but I'll look forward to seeing it in the future - I'm guessing the comparision made the signing day rankings look like drivel.
It was the entire state. I'll find the link.

Ketch,

Don't get giddy on the Cowboys until we see someone carry the rock. That's a huge hole.

That's right, Ketch. Might want to detach a little more [as you advised me last year} until we find an effective/proven work-horse for the running game. Randolph? Maybe...cuz damn, that O-line is going to be nothing short of AWESOME!

That's right, Ketch. Might want to detach a little more [as you advised me last year} until we find an effective/proven work-horse for the running game. Randolph? Maybe...cuz damn, that O-line is going to be nothing short of AWESOME!
So, where will McFadden go in fantasy drafts?

So damn exciting that Strong has such an "eye" for talent for the under-rated 3 star players, and then develops them into NFL talent! What would he do with the plethora of 4 & 5 stars that Mack used to bring in!? Then again, it could be argued so many of the so called elite players don't develop like they should cuz they're Prima-Donnas, slobbered over all their lives. Like the Avis commercial from yesteryear use to advertise: "We Try Harder!" ---as do the 3 {& 4 star} players.

My first post got deleted,

68, fraiser or cs, I really dont know why you do what you do what you do Geoff?

Most, if not all of the intelligent posters understand who you are?

Jason has already told the majority of us your BS game.

I dont know why you will delete this post like the rest but, even your own staff is getting sick of your BS games Geoff

Rough day at the office, bud? Or do you have deeper, underlying issues at play here?

No. 8 – The most agonizing read from the weekend ...

Forgive me if it sounds like hyperbole, but this article from Kate Fagan on the suicide death of Penn student Madison Holleran isn’t just stop-you-in-your-tracks good, but if you’re a father of a teenage daughter (or son), it is a must.

Just be prepared for your soul to ache during the duration of the read.

It’s haunting.

Ketch,

It's sad but it misses a bigger issue - another student, Elvis Hatcher, committed suicide 2 weeks later. That year, 4 students committed suicide at Penn. Over a 3 year period there were 6 students.

They were all special.

The Daily Pennsylvanian (the student newspaper) pulled their coverage of Madison Holleran out of respect for Mr. Hatcher. A year later, I'd say Fagan's article adds little to the what was reported at the time. Fagan misses the bigger issues of the Penn leadership suppressing suicide reporting and a criminal underfunding and mismanagement of student counseling services (a series that won national awards for the "DP").

I am the father of two daughters. One is graduating from Penn next week and was the lead on most of these stories. As a parent, I was much more concerned with the administration's general ambivalence to student mental heath. They put more effort into burying some of these events than trying to understand the root causes and take appropriate actions.

That's what keeps me up as a father. Starting with Ms. Holleran, Fagan had the opportunity to leverage her tremendous resources to bring out a much bigger story while still maintaining the sports linkage.

Off my soap box.

Ketch,

It's sad but it misses a bigger issue - another student, Elvis Hatcher, committed suicide 2 weeks later. That year, 4 students committed suicide at Penn. Over a 3 year period there were 6 students.

They were all special.

The Daily Pennsylvanian (the student newspaper) pulled their coverage of Madison Holleran out of respect for Mr. Hatcher. A year later, I'd say Fagan's article adds little to the what was reported at the time. Fagan misses the bigger issues of the Penn leadership suppressing suicide reporting and a criminal underfunding and mismanagement of student counseling services (a series that won national awards for the "DP").

I am the father of two daughters. One is graduating from Penn next week and was the lead on most of these stories. As a parent, I was much more concerned with the administration's general ambivalence to student mental heath. They put more effort into burying some of these events than trying to understand the root causes and take appropriate actions.

That's what keeps me up as a father. Starting with Ms. Holleran, Fagan had the opportunity to leverage her tremendous resources to bring out a much bigger story while still maintaining the sports linkage.

Off my soap box.
any additonal links for reading on the matter?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT