ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Blue vs. Baxter... it's kind of a thing)

Nah.

First pick in the second round didn't make 10 million.

The first pick of the second round will sign a contract worth approximately $9.9 million and receive a signing bonus of approximately $4.2 million. The second pick of the round will receive a $9.8 million contract with a $4.15 million signing bonus.Apr 28, 2023

He might lose millions, though.

😂 people are prone to hyperbole …talking about at least 10 million of lost money lol

I’m thinking - yeah he might slip one round max , it might be a few million . He won’t drop past the third round for sure , he has too much productive tape for that to happen

Reactions: fouled_anchor
I think the biggest thing with the Sweat mishap is not about him falling in the draft. It's that a seemingly well run franchise like the Texans might take him off the board all together. I would assume its similar for some other landing spots. Sometimes getting into the league and staying is as simple as who drafted you and how well that franchise operates. I am not saying he can't overcome that, but it just adds to the list of things.

First things first ... call an Uber. There's just no reason in 2024 for a guy with so much to lose to ever get behind the wheel after he's had a few drinks. Thankfully, nobody got hurt. We tend to give folks a mulligan on matters like this, but it can't ever happen again or it can become the thing you're known most for. Or someone could actually get hurt next time. I just got finished watching the movie "Shot caller" this week and the worst-case consequences on something like this are pretty terrifying. So, let's just make sure this is a one-off, T'Vondre. Buy stock in Uber and have your good times without worry.​
Shot Callers is a good movie and it's scary to think how slippery the slope of prison is.

Which is odd why @ZachattheDisch said a “pro” from the series was Texas didn’t get swept. Not sure what he was trying to say but it came out stupid

I said it was a pro they did not get swept because of overall not playing well. BYU came in as the underdog in every single category and the Horns played down to the competition and just as easily could have been swept.

I said it was a pro they did not get swept because of overall not playing well. BYU came in as the underdog in every single category and the Horns played down to the competition and just as easily could have been swept.
season 5 the krusty sponge GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Reactions: ZachattheDisch
😂 people are prone to hyperbole …talking about at least 10 million of lost money lol

I’m thinking - yeah he might slip one round max , it might be a few million . He won’t drop past the third round for sure , he has too much productive tape for that to happen
agreed

Reactions: TexasRads1
I think the biggest thing with the Sweat mishap is not about him falling in the draft. It's that a seemingly well run franchise like the Texans might take him off the board all together. I would assume its similar for some other landing spots. Sometimes getting into the league and staying is as simple as who drafted you and how well that franchise operates. I am not saying he can't overcome that, but it just adds to the list of things.
I think it costs him.

For Baxter early last season was a realization that Power 5 football is not what he was previously use to. He has to get past the difference between hurt and injured. I think he started to get there by the end of the season.

South Carolina's players are just bigger, stronger, faster across the whole team. I have never seen another women's basketball team that had such a consistent size and strength advantage at every position. Reminds me of the East German swim teams on 'roids. Not saying they are, just that they look so different from all the other women.

One last comment about Caitlin before moving on. I really thought her team, her coach, did not do all they could to help her when she was being so closely guarded in the last two games. Not many random ball screens, not many screens at all. She was mostly left to go one on one or one on two against bigger, stronger women. That had worked when the competition was not so strong, but it was obvious that she needed help in the Final Four games. And she did not get much on a consistent basis.

South Carolina's players are just bigger, stronger, faster across the whole team. I have never seen another women's basketball team that had such a consistent size and strength advantage at every position. Reminds me of the East German swim teams on 'roids. Not saying they are, just that they look so different from all the other women.

One last comment about Caitlin before moving on. I really thought her team, her coach, did not do all they could to help her when she was being so closely guarded in the last two games. Not many random ball screens, not many screens at all. She was mostly left to go one on one or one on two against bigger, stronger women. That had worked when the competition was not so strong, but it was obvious that she needed help in the Final Four games. And she did not get much on a consistent basis.
Not to mention they teammates missed a LOT of layups.

Reactions: wfoot1 and msbbo421
Anyone who actually watched football could see Brooks was the way. He jumped off the film.

Blue is showing that as well. He’s clearly been better than Baxter last year. Trust the eyes.

You’re right. It’s not the Texans are taking wife’ beaters or something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT