Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Horns vs. Aggies for everything?)

Michigan beating USC at least showed that they are still a respectable win....though with each USC loss (and Mich loss), that argument is getting weaker.
However, right now, Texas has only looked "bad" ("just" a 22-point margin of victory) in one game and we've dominated all the other games, including at Ann Arbor.
So, until we lose, we're deserving of our #1 ranking in my opinion. Now, if Ohio State goes to Oregon and cleans their plow, they'd have a legit case to jump us, which would be fine. All I care about is being #1 come late January.
It's just a cool status right now. It's fairly insignificant.

And Ketch - solid OP, as usual.
I'm not sure what to think about aggy. It is crazy to see how their schedule is pretty soft compared to others and the possibility that we could play them back to back games is hard to process. If losing to just them in regular season meant we'd get our shot again in the SEC game, I'd take that (as that would mean we win out and control our destiny to win the SEC still...and secure a Top 4 seed), although I wouldn't take that in the sense that that would put Aggy in the playoffs too and I'll never root for that...so upon further review, I wouldn't take that scenario. I'd prefer to see them lose to LSU, @ South Carolina and even @Auburn and to us and have them finish about where they've come used to finishing...5 losses.

As for QB's, Quinn overtakes Colt if he wins the SEC....AND he gets us to the Natty game.
Right now, Colt got us to the game and had he hadn't gotten hurt in the game, I contend we'd have had another Natty...so you could argue the only way Quinn surpasses Colt is winning the Natty, period....but SEC title and NC game probably does the trick for me. Probably....but the narrative of not at least matching the Natty performance (and still winning the SEC) doesn't do it for me. Quinn has Sark. Colt had Mack (who I am eternally thankful for, but he's not as good of a gameday coach as Sark).
It'll be interesting to see how much of a discussion Quinn can make it. Colt has his number retired. If Quinn can't get there.... isn't that the trump card?

I was an extra in a Willie Nelson movie filmed in Austin in the 90s that Kris Kristofferson was in. I went to the set for three days in a row and Kris was wearing the same tee shirt for three days in a row. It said "Beam me up Scottie. There is no intelligent life here." I felt like he was the smartest guy in the room.

Who would win Michigan vs. Missouri? Texas nationally got a lot of respect for that win in Ann Arbor, but now media/podcast types are saying Michigan is terrible and we really don't know how good Texas is. We "struggled" against the worst team in the SEC.
Let's beat the **** out of OU, and somehow beat Georgia...that narrative will of course magically disappear. Those guys have to have SOMETHING to talk about...so let them bray.

Reactions: ARD438
I was an extra in a Willie Nelson movie filmed in Austin in the 90s that Kris Kristofferson was in. I went to the set for three days in a row and Kris was wearing the same tee shirt for three days in a row. It said "Beam me up Scottie. There is no intelligent life here." I felt like he was the smartest guy in the room.
Awesome Sean Penn GIF

Let's beat the **** out of OU, and somehow beat Georgia...that narrative will of course magically disappear. Those guys have to have SOMETHING to talk about...so let them bray.
I don't think Michigan losing matters at all.

I think Texas is going to molly whop OU.
I agree....but then again, I was very sure of that same blowout vs OU last year. And was even more sure about some of the games vs A&M in the late 2000s (the 2006 game still has me questioning everything I thought I knew about football...Colt with three INT and a rating of 24.8!!) and about 40 other games in the last 15 years since Colt left.

As my grandmother used to say "from your mouth to God's ears"!

Yea I been here off and on since 2004. My son knew him from middle school out here in Sahuarita. I never saw him play, but not a fan because I heard from a guy with close ties to Arizona NIL that he was milking them trying to get a car on top of $500k and the family was mad about his walk on brother not playing that led to him going to Oregon.

Reactions: blair17
Yea I been here off and on since 2004. My son knew him from middle school out here in Sahuarita. I never saw him play, but not a fan because I heard from a guy with close ties to Arizona NIL that he was milking them trying to get a car on top of $500k and the family was mad about his walk on brother not playing that led to him going to Oregon.
I’ve heard similar stories from outlets that I trust.

Yes, but a much shittier quarterback situation.
A&M offense very vanilla and their line is terrible. More concerned about a better oc and a defense that held Tennessee in check.

I agree....but then again, I was very sure of that same blowout vs OU last year. And was even more sure about some of the games vs A&M in the late 2000s (the 2006 game still has me questioning everything I thought I knew about football...Colt with three INT and a rating of 24.8!!) and about 40 other games in the last 15 years since Colt left.

As my grandmother used to say "from your mouth to God's ears"!
It's even more one-sided this season. There's no Dillon Gabriel and the Texas defense is significantly better.

So true about volleyball team. Coaches have played around with lineups. They may have players in place. They look confident, strong, ready to kick ass 🤘

Reactions: LJ2013