ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Playoff contention should be in the table NOW)

Only because the bar was dropped to really low levels.
Maybe so. He's not elite - far from it - but if he can demonstrate continued progress with his teams towards 10+ win seasons, then he'll be on track, objectively.

Maybe so. He's not elite - far from it - but if he can demonstrate continued progress with his teams towards 10+ win seasons, then he'll be on track, objectively.
Not maybe so. That's what happened. He went 5-7 and then went to 8. Those are decreases from Herman.

Oh yeah. No doubt, you're right about that.
Seems he'll get five years to right the ship. If that's the case, I'll accept slow building progress. I want a B12 championship this season, and a playoff birth. I just don't see it happening.

• Haha
Reactions: Horn19
I’m much higher on our defense than you Ketch. Secondary is stacked with many guys who got significant playtime last year, as well as new players from the portal. Same goes for DL, yet the depth in that group is unproven. LB group has the best defender in the big 12, Hill, who’s a blue chip guy that should have a similar freshman season that Perkins had last year at LSU.

I’m much higher on our defense than you Ketch. Secondary is stacked with many guys who got significant playtime last year, as well as new players from the portal. Same goes for DL, yet the depth in that group is unproven. LB group has the best defender in the big 12, Hill, who’s a blue chip guy that should have a similar freshman season that Perkins had last year at LSU.

I don't think we disagree on what they have. It's what they don't have that has me slightly coolish.

Seems he'll get five years to right the ship. If that's the case, I'll accept slow building progress. I want a B12 championship this season, and a playoff birth. I just don't see it happening.

Sark is on the clock. Big 12 Champs or Bust. He has been unimpressive so far. The QB Play over the next 3 years is the key. That’s his wheelhouse. Popcorn Time.

• Haha
@Ketchum I love your blue chip data, and data in general.

Maybe I missed it, but do you have any data on the championship runners up?

It might be interesting to compare how big the gap has become, with Bama and Georgia running with 20+ blue chips.

Or what's the lowest number of blue chips to make the playoffs?

Maybe I missed it, but do you have any data on the championship runners up?

It might be interesting to compare how big the gap has become, with Bama and Georgia running with 20+ blue chips.

I haven't done that one yet. I barely finished last night. ;)

Reactions: Tyber
@Ketchum, I didn’t know where to ask this question lol so I’ll just put it here. Do y’all usually post all the YouTube podcasts on Apple Podcasts? I see some of them are on there but the recent ones haven’t been.

@Ketchum, I didn’t know where to ask this question lol so I’ll just put it here. Do y’all usually post all the YouTube podcasts on Apple Podcasts? I see some of them are on there but the recent ones haven’t been.
No, we don't.

I was just watching a PMT interview with Olson, and they were looking back at that 01-02 team, it was loaded

how many blue chips were on that roster?

I was just watching a PMT interview with Olson, and they were looking back at that 01-02 team, it was loaded

how many blue chips were on that roster?
almost impossible for me to calculate. Those teams were pre-Rivals.

Reactions: J-VON11
It also represents season over season improvement. I don't think his seat will get hot with that kind of improvement.
Going from 0 wins to 1 win is also season over season improvement. That's a very low bar.

5 - 8 - 11, I'll take that.

5-8-9...fail.

If we know he's not the guy after 3 years, why give him 5?

I'm thinking Cinci in 2021 and TCU last year were easily the lowest to make it. Then prolly ND and Michigan.

The Cam Newtons were the lowest to win it all, and they beat another low number team in Oregon (I'm guessing).

Oh yeah. No doubt, you're right about that.

I would also add the offensive line and qb rooms that sark inherited were a mess. He has absolutely improved those rooms and I’m not sure what else he could’ve done differently.

I'm thinking Cinci in 2021 and TCU last year were easily the lowest to make it. Then prolly ND and Michigan.

The Cam Newtons were the lowest to win it all, and they beat another low number team in Oregon (I'm guessing).
Great quarterback play is the tide that lifts all boats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT