ADVERTISEMENT

Ketch's 10 Thoughts From The Weekend (Spring football advice)

No I didn't miss it. I posted that there is not much love for Texas which is no surprise. You can go to bed tonight smiling that Tang was awarded the COY
No skin off my nose. I told you last night that the others would not award that honor to an interim head coach at departing member Texas. You thought you knew better.

Dude…you’re walking a long way out on the hype plank. Newton was an indisputable talent and National Champion. No one was wondering if his game was going to translate. He came in and made an instant impact. He wasn’t sitting working on his accuracy in the background. Tho it might have prolonged his career. This has got recency bias written all over it.
I didn't say he would definitely better than Cam, just that his upside might be higher.

This guy is a super freak of an athlete.

Reactions: TilGabriel
No skin off my nose. I told you last night that the others would not award that honor to an interim head coach at departing member Texas. You thought you knew better.
I'll be the first to admit that there might be some confirmation bias on my end.

Like I said, he's a fair winner.
Potato PotAto.

He's a deserving winner especially based on pre-season predictions and expectations. Terry could have won it had he earned a share of the conference title.

• Haha
Reactions: reddoor
Good stuff, Ketch. I’ll be a homer and say that, for my money, Babe (Cowboys) and Craig (Horns) are 2 of my personal favorites in my sports life. No one tops the GOAT, Madden, though.
Craig on radio can’t be beat. Kern Tipps was great also on radio.

Reactions: OBRob
Good stuff. Most UFC talk in years. You’re flirting with taking back an old girlfriend. And yeah, Jon is a loser human, but he’s the clear GOAT, sadly. He should wipe out Stipe, but I’m pulling for the old man to catch him clean. If not, maybe the unlikely return of Ngannou after that would make it all worthwhile.

I had no idea Creed 3 was out until this weekend when I was looking for the Mario Bros release date.

Good stuff. Most UFC talk in years. You’re flirting with taking back an old girlfriend. And yeah, Jon is a loser human, but he’s the clear GOAT, sadly. He should wipe out Stipe, but I’m pulling for the old man to catch him clean. If not, maybe the unlikely return of Ngannou after that would make it all worthwhile.
1,000-percent agreed.

Reactions: McGuapo
I had no idea Creed 3 was out until this weekend when I was looking for the Mario Bros release date.
Cbs Fbi GIF by Wolf Entertainment

Texas finished second in the conference and had one player on the first team and one player on the third team. Somebody did something to finish second in the conference even if it's not recognized in the voting.

Congratulations to you

Reactions: reddoor and OBRob
He's not remotely close to being the finished product.
Are you advocating spending the number two pick in the draft for such a product over Young , Stroud, Carter or Will Anderson?

All he’s shown so far is that he can outrun anyone on the way to bouncing a pass at his WR’s shoe tops.

Also meant to say that’s a great list 1-10 of broadcasters you put together

Reactions: Horn19
Are you advocating spending the number two pick in the draft for such a product over Young , Stroud, Carter or Will Anderson?

All he’s shown so far is that he can outrun anyone on the way to bouncing a pass at his WR’s shoe tops.

Also meant to say that’s a great list 1-10 of broadcasters you put together
Yes.

I'm not sold on the other guys as pro standouts.

• Haha
Texas finished second in the conference and had one player on the first team and one player on the third team. Somebody did something to finish second in the conference even if it's not recognized in the voting.

Congratulations to you
Just so I'm clear, what is it that you are all bent out of shape about? That Terry didn't win? That your prediction was wrong and several of us told you last night that Tang would win it? You act like I wanted Tang to win or that I influenced the voting. Tang winning COY affects me in no manner; any unbiased sportsfan knew he was gonna win it.

Yes.

I'm not sold on the other guys as pro standouts.
But you’d advocate taking a low percentage QB over them because he runs a fast 40? Right now He’s the Alexander Wright of QB’s

To quote DKR(I think- may be John McKay or the Bear), potential means you ain’t done it yet

Anthony Richardson is a total project. He was 10th in the SEC last year in passer rating. I get the athleticism and potential, but I'm not sure how anyone can be super high on this guy as an NFL QB right now.

I mean, if the dude never starts an NFL game nobody's surprised right?

But you’d advocate taking a low percentage QB over them because he runs a fast 40? Right now He’s the Alexander Wright of QB’s

To quote DKR(I think- may be John McKay or the Bear), potential means you ain’t done it yet
Do you think he just runs a fast 40?

If that's all you know, there's no sense in us really going back and forth.

Since you put up tweets with her in them twice:

Mina Kimes is one of my favorites football media developments of the last 10 years.

I know there's a whole contingent of "she never even played football" people about to come yell at me, but a Princeton grad who cut her teeth doing award-winning journalism about corporate America who then turns around and starts doing NFL football?

Hell yeah, nerds unite.

When she brings up shit like "sack rate is a stat that carries from year to year"? As a data nerd, inject it into my veins.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ketchum
Anthony Richardson is a total project. He was 10th in the SEC last year in passer rating. I get the athleticism and potential, but I'm not sure how anyone can be super high on this guy as an NFL QB right now.

I mean, if the dude never starts an NFL game nobody's surprised right?
Yes, he is a total project. So was Josh Allen, who had a 127.8 rating in his final season in college.

He has the highest upside of any quarterback in the draft.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT