ADVERTISEMENT

Laugh if you want......but...

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
We have a decent chance of beating USC Saturday.

I know, right? Sounds unbelievable. For the record, I've smoked no hippie lettuce today (actually I haven't smoked hippie lettuce since that one time in Amsterdam). On top of that, I'm not drunk either.

I came home from the gym and instead od watching Monday night football, I chose to watch the USC v Stanford game. Btw....... whatever the over under is, I'm leaning toward the "under" as long as it's not 14 points.

I don't think we score many points, but I also don't think USC scores many. Their offense stinks on ice. We actually can win this game.

I think Texas wins. I watched Stanford beat them handily. All that talent and they score 3 points.

USC still won't acknowledge National Championship loss to Texas

One of the most memorable National Championship games of the BCS era happened on Jan. 4, 2006 between Texas and USC. The two storied programs fought hard in the Rose Bowl, which ended with a Longhorns' upset over the Trojans. Most any College Football fan who was of age to remember the 2006 BCS National Championship game could likely recall the outcome of the game, but USC still says it never happened. Why? Because the Trojans were hit with NCAA violations and all of their wins from the 2005 football season were vacated.

Wins.

This revelation came forward last season in the game week notes provided by USC, where it listed the Trojans' all-time record against the Longhorns as 4-0 and entirely disregarded the loss to Texas in the BCS Championship. And this year, USC is standing firm in its thought that the loss to Texas was also vacated when it was hit with NCAA sanctions, and even put a note explaining itself in its Texas vs. USC game notes.

"Why does USC list a 5-0 record against Texas even though it lost to the Longhorns in the 2006 Rose Bowl (BCS Championship Game)? After all, Texas lists its record against USC as 1-5. Due to an NCAA penalty, USC was required by the NCAA to vacate its appearance in that Rose Bowl...and therefore the loss had to be vacated by the Trojans. However, Texas was not required to vacate its victory. That is the protocol for vacated games, per the NCAA, and it is how both teams’ record is re ected in the Of cial NCAA Football Record Book. So, yes, USC lost the game, but it can’t list it that way in its records, per the NCAA."

But here's the caveat. When the NCAA announced the sanctions against the University of Southern California, it specifically stated the Trojans' WINS would be vacated, and not the entire season.

"The NCAA Division I Infractions Appeals Committee has upheld the findings of NCAA violations and associated penalties for the University of Southern California," the NCAA wrote in its official findings report of USC sanctions. "The case primarily involved agent and amateurism violations for a former football student- athlete and a former men's basketball student-athlete. The findings in this case include a lack of institutional control, impermissible inducements, extra benefits and exceeding coaching staff limits.

"The penalties include four years probation; a two-year football postseason ban; a one-year basketball postseason ban; vacation of regular and postseason wins for all three involved sports (football, basketball and women?s tennis); scholarship reductions for football and basketball; and recruiting restrictions for men's basketball."

I know USC is close to Hollywood, but the rest of those in college football don't live in La La land.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
USC still won't acknowledge National Championship loss to Texas

One of the most memorable National Championship games of the BCS era happened on Jan. 4, 2006 between Texas and USC. The two storied programs fought hard in the Rose Bowl, which ended with a Longhorns' upset over the Trojans. Most any College Football fan who was of age to remember the 2006 BCS National Championship game could likely recall the outcome of the game, but USC still says it never happened. Why? Because the Trojans were hit with NCAA violations and all of their wins from the 2005 football season were vacated.

Wins.

This revelation came forward last season in the game week notes provided by USC, where it listed the Trojans' all-time record against the Longhorns as 4-0 and entirely disregarded the loss to Texas in the BCS Championship. And this year, USC is standing firm in its thought that the loss to Texas was also vacated when it was hit with NCAA sanctions, and even put a note explaining itself in its Texas vs. USC game notes.

"Why does USC list a 5-0 record against Texas even though it lost to the Longhorns in the 2006 Rose Bowl (BCS Championship Game)? After all, Texas lists its record against USC as 1-5. Due to an NCAA penalty, USC was required by the NCAA to vacate its appearance in that Rose Bowl...and therefore the loss had to be vacated by the Trojans. However, Texas was not required to vacate its victory. That is the protocol for vacated games, per the NCAA, and it is how both teams’ record is re ected in the Of cial NCAA Football Record Book. So, yes, USC lost the game, but it can’t list it that way in its records, per the NCAA."

But here's the caveat. When the NCAA announced the sanctions against the University of Southern California, it specifically stated the Trojans' WINS would be vacated, and not the entire season.

"The NCAA Division I Infractions Appeals Committee has upheld the findings of NCAA violations and associated penalties for the University of Southern California," the NCAA wrote in its official findings report of USC sanctions. "The case primarily involved agent and amateurism violations for a former football student- athlete and a former men's basketball student-athlete. The findings in this case include a lack of institutional control, impermissible inducements, extra benefits and exceeding coaching staff limits.

"The penalties include four years probation; a two-year football postseason ban; a one-year basketball postseason ban; vacation of regular and postseason wins for all three involved sports (football, basketball and women?s tennis); scholarship reductions for football and basketball; and recruiting restrictions for men's basketball."

I know USC is close to Hollywood, but the rest of those in college football don't live in La La land.

At least we won and Bush lost his Heisman and a lotta people want to hire Carroll..its hard sp,etimes to swallow that you got your ass stopped amd beat by a better team...ya never know what motors under the hood of a old car.

Hook'em

Hook'em

I know, right? Sounds unbelievable. For the record, I've smoked no hippie lettuce today (actually I haven't smoked hippie lettuce since that one time in Amsterdam). On top of that, I'm not drunk either.

I came home from the gym and instead od watching Monday night football, I chose to watch the USC v Stanford game. Btw....... whatever the over under is, I'm leaning toward the "under" as long as it's not 14 points.

I don't think we score many points, but I also don't think USC scores many. Their offense stinks on ice. We actually can win this game.

Feelin that old Texas Thunder from back in the day...Huh? You left out snortin a few lines I noticed

Hook'em

I like your optimism but Standford defense, we aren't even close. Maybe our boys come out with a fire inside but I haven't seen anything yet to suggest that emotion is there.
My fingers are crossed but I think our coaching is already playing to not lose instead of playing to win. That's a bad combo.

we absolutely can win. Do i think we will? i wouldnt bet money on it. we have a quarterback that i will bet you goes brain dead on at least a dozen throws and gets one or two picked off. we are not good enough to overcome that. we have no rythm on offense and until we do im not convinced that we make it to a bowl game this year.

Anybody who bets this game is crazy. When 2 talented but underperforming teams meet, you truly have no idea what will happen. Chances are somebody plays well and somebody rolls over, but guessing who does what is the trick.

Well at least this is a home game. I'm hoping Texas coaches can start to see that they don't have job security and if they want to keep those jobs, they need to actually coach.

Players will give their coaches exactly what their coaches require of them. This game is going to set the tone for the rest of the season and it will either relieve the pressure on the staff or it will put them directly on the fire.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
We're unpredictable and have no identity. It shouldn't be a shock if we beat USC or lose to Kansas. All that said, since the home opener against Maryland last year, Herman has had a 4th quarter lead in 13 of 14 games since. Expecting a close game, but no idea who wins or the total points.

UT is favored vs. USC (-1.5 or something), which was a surprise to me.

But it would be cool if you win. It would add some buzz to the RRR game, and you guys wouldn't play so desperately in the Cotton Bowl.

I hate OU playing UT when UT is 1-3 or something similar. Always turns into a fist fight.

I'm going to wait 1 more game before my opinions of this team and TH get set in stone. But that little voice in my head is saying . . .

'We're getting mud stomped by 17 against USC'.

I honestly don't know why some of us like to predict. We've shot ourselves in the foot for the past few years. I hope we win and play 10x's better than the last two games.

UT is favored vs. USC (-1.5 or something), which was a surprise to me.

But it would be cool if you win. It would add some buzz to the RRR game, and you guys wouldn't play so desperately in the Cotton Bowl.

I hate OU playing UT when UT is 1-3 or something similar. Always turns into a fist fight.

As it should. We would like for as many Texas kids who defect to OU to be a part of the mash unit as possible.

Last edited:
For whichever winning team (hopefully our Longhorns), there will be a "hero" player that plays one heck of a game to lead his team to victory.

Texas -1.5, oh my!! That frosh qb must be bad.
He graduated a year early from high school and looked like he should have stayed in high school another year vs. Stanford. I am sure he is very talented, but he looked lost. Really lost. They must have nothing behind him, or their coach made a stupid promise to get him in a year early.

Apathy has set in with our fanbase. No more emotional investment to give.

If we lose to USC, I am going to start gardening on Saturdays. I am going to erect a Longhorn tombstone in the middle of the garden with a RIP just below the logo.

On a lighter note, the perfect storm is brewing for the lowest actual attendance in UT football history over a season. Go 0-3 over the next 3 and the home games against Big 12 opponents in the later part of the season are going to have an empty stadium.

Last edited:
On a lighter note, the perfect storm is brewing for the lowest actual attendance in UT football history. Go 0-3 over the next 3 and the home games against Big 12 opponents in the later part of the season are going to have empty stadiums.
Silver lining: Upgrade my season tickets next year significantly!

Apathy has set in with our fanbase. No more emotional investment to give.

Probably true. My coworker just sold his tickets to the game to another UT fan.

Forgot to mention the person paid a few hundred over the original amount. What I think is for every upset fan there's someone that would still love to go to the game like USC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn

Forgot to mention the person paid a few hundred over the original amount. What I think is for every upset fan there's someone that would still love to go to the game like USC.

Sell high bro, sell high-buy low.

Well I did that with my tOSU tickets when they came down here in '06 and it paid for my whole season.

I actually think this game is more winnable than the 3 after....Unless the same Kansas St shows up that played Miss St. I see this game going 23-13 for the good guys.

That's funny....i dont think aggy acknowledges that TEXAS beat USC in that championship game.....BUT they sure can acknowledge some newly found championships pre 1939.....oh the irony

Ya....... I did it. I fvckin bumped this thread. I figured it would be low scoring..... but guess what..... we won.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT