ADVERTISEMENT

Longhorns vs basketball school official thread

Coaches coach and players play. But it's the reponsibility of the coach to prepare said players. Whom among you thinnks we looked prepared tonight?

I certainly do not.

Coaches coach and players play. But it's the reponsibility of the coach to prepare said players. Whom among you thinnks we looked prepared tonight?

I certainly do not.
According to dj you and I just have something against Strong. The only thing I got against him is he can't coach. Other than that he is a good dude.

Doesn't matter how bad Texas looks or how bad Texas plays it is not Strong's fault at all.....damn.

As swvahorn can attest to I was a big supporter of Strong. It's not gonna happen for him here. He will never win over those that didn't want him here anyway and the fire is out of control. Strong will be very good in his next job I think, but he's not a fit at Texas

Reactions: swVAHorn
As swvahorn can attest to I was a big supporter of Strong. It's not gonna happen for him here. He will never win over those that didn't want him here anyway and the fire is out of control. Strong will be very good in his next job I think, but he's not a fit at Texas
I honestly hope Strong is successful. He is a good man. I was not against him coming to Texas. Just against his hires and style of play the first 2 years. The 3rd year he is just proving he is in over his head.

Reactions: weevilcatch
I've said since day one I admire him as a man.... but this is just too big for him. Always has been. It would be year 6-7 before we saw an 11 win team.

Can you give me a list of coaches not named Urban Meyer or Nick Saban, that you think are good enough to coach at Texas.

I honestly hope Strong is successful. He is a good man. I was not against him coming to Texas. Just against his hires and style of play the first 2 years. The 3rd year he is just proving he is in over his head.
Most were excited about Strong to Texas. Most hated Watson to Texas. Strong started failing from the start by picking a bad staff.

Can you give me a list of coaches not named Urban Meyer or Nick Saban, that you think are good enough to coach at Texas.
You know my list. This discussion will go with me giving it to you for the 27th time and you telling me we won't get any of those guys, for the 27th time.

Exercise in futility.

You know my list. This discussion will go with me giving it to you for the 27th time and you telling me we won't get any of those guys, for the 27th time.

Exercise in futility.
If somebody still wants Strong to coach at Texas AFTER seeing what we have been seeing for 3 years then they are either 1. not a Texas fan or 2. stupid.

Reactions: diadevic
Blowout after blowout......shutout to iowa st........first kansas victory since 1938.......worst offense....worst defense...worst special teams....IN TEXAS HISTORY. What does it take for people to see Strong is not the coach for Texas? Wow.

It's done. Put a fork in CS. I have no faith in our AD or President in being able to replace CS with anything competent. Herman is a consolation prize. I will dog him as he is the equivalent of CS.

Why would you dog the next head coach, give him the chance to succeed. If he fails, then dog him, but at lease give him a chance.

Yes, repeatedly. I even did it in this thread.

You are a troll, there is no way you are a Texas fan.

Yes. Our Oline is better than it was at the beginning of last year. We have the top rusher in the country. We are 3rd in the nation in sacks. We have a Heisman candidate. We have the best freshman QB in the country.

I guess no one else can see any of that.

Since 1960 Texas has been shut out 7 times, 3 of those 7 have come under Charlie Strong.

Over the last 2 weeks Charlie was coaching for his job and we lost to two Kansas schools. Let that sink in for a moment. 2 Kansas schools.

I certainly do not.

This team is perpetually taking one step forward and two steps back. The seems to be Charlie's M.O.

That I've never called out Clobber about hating on Strong? Go read the thread.

Lol, if you met clob in person (not that I have) you'd probably call him Mr Clob.

Jimbo Fischer, Dabo Sweeney, Chris Peterson, David Shaw, John Harbaugh, Jim Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, Tom Herman, Bronco Mendenhall (a personal favorite), Bill Snyder, Art Briles, Chip Kelly, and Larry Fedora.

I probably could keep going.

Reactions: swVAHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT