ADVERTISEMENT

lonhgorns vs trojans official thread

Since he was well rested for the first 3 quarters, Chris Warren should have been running the ball a lot in the 4th. This one is on the coaching staff especially Beck/Herman.

Add to the fact USC defenders were getting tired and beat up at that point in the game. Perfect scenario for the big, bruising back to come in and pound the football.

So the Fire Herman is starting. Get him out. Let's go get Saben. Let's go get Peterson. Herman is not our guy. We need to win from day 1 and never look back......

I don't know about that. Sam got better as the game went on. The more snaps he gets both practice and life the better he will get

I give the kid credit for gutting it out, but even you guys have to admit he isn't all that great. Was the normal starter hurt? Seems like he was decent

So the Fire Herman is starting. Get him out. Let's go get Saben. Let's go get Peterson. Herman is not our guy. We need to win from day 1 and never look back......
The fire herman stuff is dumb. Texas is out of coach mulligans. Herman is the guy the money people and majority wanted we will sink or swim with him. Our chance to hire Peterson came and gone a long time ago.

Herman made some errors tonight no doubt but in a close loss there are always what ifs. I've had questions about Herman but he's not going anywhere so we need to let him grow as a HC

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
The team show'd huge strides this game..I mean HUGE. The defense played like big 12 title contenders.
Shane was supposedly available. I don't think Herman wants to admit it but it's pretty clear he prefers Sam. I thought Sam played fine given the fact that there was no running game to speak of and the OL struggled. The center had a terrible game. Sevreal low snaps along with the ones that actually got away. Plus we fielded a punt at the 2 instead of letting it go in to the end zone

Warren had a 5 yard gain late in the game but didn't touch the ball after that
This. Late in the game and overtime is exactly when you run the big guy. Just a head scratcher. Hate it. As to OU, we play like this and Mayfield won't make it through our game. He holds the ball and he's not afraid to take a hit. Admirable qualities, but qualities that will get you hit. This team was flying to the ball tonight. Malik just missed 2 sacks that would have won the game. So so close.

This. Late in the game and overtime is exactly when you run the big guy. Just a head scratcher. Hate it. As to OU, we play like this and Mayfield won't make it through our game. He holds the ball and he's not afraid to take a hit. Admirable qualities, but qualities that will get you hit. This team was flying to the ball tonight. Malik just missed 2 sacks that would have won the game. So so close.

Regardless of how good our D played and how i still think TH is the guy . There is NO EXCUSE for how many touches warren got tonight. 0 not one excuse that would make me say, "you know what, i understand now."

Proud of the Horns tonight. It's been a long time since I watched a Texas game intently. Defense looked better than at any point in the last 5 years. One critique I can't help but mention; Why do they never take a snap from under center?

Proud of the Horns tonight. It's been a long time since I watched a Texas game intently. Defense looked better than at any point in the last 5 years. One critique I can't help but mention; Why do they never take a snap from under center?
They just don't go from under center in high school or college these days. These spread offenses have all but removedthat from the game. Which is part of the reason teams are so bad in short yardage some times.

Warren probably would have gotten stuffed in the backfield. From what we saw all game what makes anyone think that giving it to the RB would have worked. The defender made a good play and stripped the ball. End of story. There is no way Herman would have known Sam would fumble. Sam was the hot hand at the time.

Warren probably would have gotten stuffed in the backfield. From what we saw all game what makes anyone think that giving it to the RB would have worked. The defender made a good play and stripped the ball. End of story. There is no way Herman would have known Sam would fumble. Sam was the hot hand at the time.

Sorry but i call BS. Warren is avg 9 yards a carry coming in. He had 4 tonight and had more yards than the other rbs. He should have gotten the ball a lot more. You dont give up on the run after a couple failed attempts. You tire down a team and pop them in the mouth over and over. Usc was getting tired and we had them on the ropes and warren would have CRUSHED them.

Sorry but i call BS. Warren is avg 9 yards a carry coming in. He had 4 tonight and had more yards than the other rbs. He should have gotten the ball a lot more. You dont give up on the run after a couple failed attempts. You tire down a team and pop them in the mouth over and over. Usc was getting tired and we had them on the ropes and warren would have CRUSHED them.

And if he didn't get it you would be crying that they should have did something else. I wish Warren would have gotten more carries too, but I'm good with that play call. The RBs had no where to go all game. If they would have ran it more we probably wouldn't have ever had a chance to take the lead.

Reactions: outhereincali
This forum needs to be shut down LOL. Way too many drunk asses.
admittingly, i am one of the drunk asses bnut from what i saw on my phone was nothing short of great! I had us pinned as a walk away 4 score underdog. Our unranked 4 yrs sub .500 team took a top 5 team to double ot goalline stand. Goodjob gentlemen, you gave your all and came up a hair short. the gala i was attending ended with 4 minutes left in tge 4th qtr where I promtply B-luned to the bar. Take your lumps now because youll be dishing them back out very soon. These boys arw making a run in a yr or 2. Thanks for another great one that could have easily gone the other way. Congrats usc, you won this round but ignited a fire in the belly of texas. Hookem horns! F-ing hookem horns! We'll get em next time. Annnnnnnd im passimg out. Peace!

Reactions: DrinkToIt
And if he didn't get it you would be crying that they should have did something else. I wish Warren would have gotten more carries too, but I'm good with that play call. The RBs had no where to go all game. If they would have ran it more we probably wouldn't have ever had a chance to take the lead.

Warren averaged 4 yds per carry in the game. Porter 1.9, but Porter got more carries and was in the game more. But hey, don't let facts get in your way.

Warren averaged 4 yds per carry in the game. Porter 1.9, but Porter got more carries and was in the game more. But hey, don't let facts get in your way.
This is the problem with Herman. He likes a smaller quicker guy than a power back. Warren avg right at 4 yrds a carry and Porter on at 2. Do the numbers as he stated on LHN tonight. There's no way that I'm going to use a fish QB on the goal line over a experience power back who avg more yards than everyone on the team rushing. He needs to get off the excuse of Connor Williams is the reason why they stop running the ball. He didn't even use Warren compared to Porter. Who haven't prove or done anything all season. I think the Langham Creek kid is better than him

People can be a little mad at some things without wanting the coach fired.

Would you point out where the posts are wanting Herman to be fired?

Last edited:
Reactions: westx
Every one but a few delusional people on this board had USC kicking our asses back to Texas. Our team gave us something to be proud of and now everyone is on the shoulda coulda train. :cool:
We are all proud of how hard the team played. But if you go through this thread MANY of us were saying things as it was going on.....not after the fact. Warren should have gotten more than 4 carries and there is nothing you can say that will change our minds on that. Give it to a Jr. 250 lb wrecking ball or give it to a freshman QB on the goal line should be an easy call. I can be angry that Texas didn't do something and happy that they played so hard at the same time. One is not mutually exclusive. Close is not good enough when you are trying to get back to elite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT