ADVERTISEMENT

lonhgorns vs trojans official thread

Ahhhhhhh, morning sobriety. I damn sure would have liked to get the W last night but will take the results with pride. These boys came to play. Coulda woulda shoulda all day long but it is what it is and I honestly didnt give us a chance past the opening kickoff.
Future looks bright again. Hook'em

Congrads to the Defense,you came to play and for the most part kept Texas in the game overcoming offensive miscues.To be an elite team you must be able to run the football so that area need lots of work,I thought the team played their hearts out and thank you and disappointed we did not win but I Have hope we will get better.

Calling out 4mnc for all the negative talk all game...
Says the guy with cocks in his name...don't be so sensitive or change your name. The offense played like sh!t for 3.75 quarters, that's a fact. I am pleased with our defense and Colin Johnson on offense. The kicking game wasn't good...shanking punt and fielding punts inside the 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: brushycreekhorn
So the Fire Herman is starting. Get him out. Let's go get Saben. Let's go get Peterson. Herman is not our guy. We need to win from day 1 and never look back......
For the absolute last time---- Chris Peterson has a special needs child who needs daily care. They went through 20 Drs before they found a physician that the kid LOVES. As long as his child is alive, Peterson WILL NOT be leaving the PNW.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
Every one but a few delusional people on this board had USC kicking our asses back to Texas. Our team gave us something to be proud of and now everyone is on the shoulda coulda train. :cool:
I stated clearly that we could win IF we give Warren the ball. 4 tots is unacceptable, PERIOD. If someone agree with giving him 4 touches in a game should get there TV WATCHING LICENSE revoked lol. I'm very proud of our boys especially the D. This game would have been different if we ran the ball, plain and simple

I stated clearly that we could win IF we give Warren the ball. 4 tots is unacceptable, PERIOD. If someone agree with giving him 4 touches in a game should get there TV WATCHING LICENSE revoked lol. I'm very proud of our boys especially the D. This game would have been different if we ran the ball, plain and simple

We had one rushing yard in the first half. The run was not there. USC was stacking the box and we were getting nowhere. That's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Props to the coaching staff for making it close regardless of the lack of ability to run, bad officiating, and shooting ourselves in the foot. No one knows how it would have tuned out if they tried to run more often. Hell it might have been worse. Now the job for the bye week is to figure out why we couldn't run and fix the issues.

Reactions: cwillfromdatx
We had one rushing yard in the first half. The run was not there. USC was stacking the box and we were getting nowhere. That's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Props to the coaching staff for making it close regardless of the lack of ability to run, bad officiating, and shooting ourselves in the foot. No one knows how it would have tuned out if they tried to run more often. Hell it might have been worse. Now the job for the bye week is to figure out why we couldn't run and fix the issues.
I agree about we need to focus on fixing our issues on the bye week.
Big ol Cory Redding said we should have ran the ball down there throat on LHN last night. Along with Ricky and Acho. Those guys wasn't NFL material huh lol. No matter what, scrap the Porter project and focus on Warren and Carter. Convert some DL to OL if you have to. GET IT DONE

We had 1 rushing yard at half time because we kept handing the ball to a dude who runs into the backs of lineman and falls down. Give Warren those carries and I promise we have more than 50 by halftime. Even when Warren was stood up he drives forward and falls for 4 to 5 yards. I get usc focused on stopping the run but by the 4th they were tired and Warren would have ran them over with ease. You won't convince me otherwise.

Anyways proud of the d. Hope if we get the o figured out a run for the big 12 isnt totally unbelievable.

Says the guy with cocks in his name...don't be so sensitive or change your name. The offense played like sh!t for 3.75 quarters, that's a fact. I am pleased with our defense and Colin Johnson on offense. The kicking game wasn't good...shanking punt and fielding punts inside the 5.

Get it out of your mouth then, if you want to bring it up. Don't try to change your tone when all game you were being negative then towards then end when you saw we could win you changed your stance you damn hypocrite go somewhere with your bs and turn in your card if you're going to act like that.

So there's issues with fans reacting negatively to bad play calls and personell decisions. But the actual issues that brought about the negativity is ok...I had plenty negative to say during and the fact that we nearly won with some of that bs..makes it worse not better. Give the ball to Warren and the chances of winning increase significantly

Get it out of your mouth then, if you want to bring it up. Don't try to change your tone when all game you were being negative then towards then end when you saw we could win you changed your stance you damn hypocrite go somewhere with your bs and turn in your card if you're going to act like that.
You are now blocked. Too bad douche.

I'll explain it this way fellas. The coaches know more about the game and decisions than any fan. I tried to explain that to a few Sooners many times. Don't quit your day job!
Mechanics know more about your car than you do to.....yet sometimes they DON'T fix it and you have to go to a different mechanic to get it done.

I hate when people say coaches know more so there is no way they could ever be wrong. If that were the case coaches would never get fired.

we will not win a game all year if the plan is for the QB to throw it 40+ times and to run it 10. our RB have to at least be decent enough to make the defense think they might run it. I dont care what any coach says.

Mechanics know more about your car than you do to.....yet sometimes they DON'T fix it and you have to go to a different mechanic to get it done.

I hate when people say coaches know more so there is no way they could ever be wrong. If that were the case coaches would never get fired.

The coaches have more information available to them than us. The thought is that they are more informed about the team because they actually attend the practices and talk to the players. (I know crazy) They use that information to make their decisions about who is going to play and what plays to run. No one is saying they are never wrong, but they do know more than you. Unfortunately, game planning is a little more complicated than run the ball and pass the ball.

Here is a hypothetical scenario, the coaches watch Warren fumble several times in practice this week, miss key blocks, and generally look bad. They use this information to decide he should not get much playing time because they don't trust him. Fans get really upset when he isn't used and has no idea why they didn't play him and blame the coaches for not using the obvious all world RB they have. Like I said this is hypothetical but these are the types of things coaches use to make decisions. Does this make the coach wrong? Hermann has repeatedly said you are only as good as your last practice. I don't know the reasons anymore than anyone else but sometimes you just have to trust the coaches. Let them game plan how they want and wait to see if there is any improvement.

F the prevent D....Play calling was suspect. I wasn't bent about going for it early with a kicker that was 0-3, but it haunted in the end.
In the end, they are light years ahead of where I thought they were on defense, they kept it really simple the first 2 weeks and it bit them in game one.

On to Big 12 play. This team will still end up winning 7-8 games and improve throughout the season unlike teams we watched Strong manage, poorly.

Posted in another thread and SIAP here, but did USC get 4 timeouts in the first half? Seeing it all over twitter and wondering if any of you guys saw the same thing?

Posted in another thread and SIAP here, but did USC get 4 timeouts in the first half? Seeing it all over twitter and wondering if any of you guys saw the same thing?
yes, but I believe one ended up being an officials (PAC 12 officials) time out.

The coaches have more information available to them than us. The thought is that they are more informed about the team because they actually attend the practices and talk to the players. (I know crazy) They use that information to make their decisions about who is going to play and what plays to run. No one is saying they are never wrong, but they do know more than you. Unfortunately, game planning is a little more complicated than run the ball and pass the ball.

Here is a hypothetical scenario, the coaches watch Warren fumble several times in practice this week, miss key blocks, and generally look bad. They use this information to decide he should not get much playing time because they don't trust him. Fans get really upset when he isn't used and has no idea why they didn't play him and blame the coaches for not using the obvious all world RB they have. Like I said this is hypothetical but these are the types of things coaches use to make decisions. Does this make the coach wrong? Hermann has repeatedly said you are only as good as your last practice. I don't know the reasons anymore than anyone else but sometimes you just have to trust the coaches. Let them game plan how they want and wait to see if there is any improvement.
Dude you are being a douche. We are on a sports board talking about sports. Decisions made and decisions we wish were made. If your argument is the coaches know more than us so we should not talk about it then WHY are YOU here? You don't have any idea what I know or what anyone else on here knows.....you are doing the same thing you are bitching about us doing. I am on here to talk sports....good or bad......what I would do or what I think should be done.....it is ALL our opinions. (I know crazy)

99% of us played football and you talking to me like I am a child is douche like to the max.
Feel free to put me on ignore if you don't like what I say.

I can see it now...CANCEL all sports talk and all sports talk forums of any kind DHHorn says the coaches know more than they do so there is no need to have an opinion.

Last edited:
Dude you are being a douche. We are on a sports board talking about sports. Decisions made and decisions we wish were made. If your argument is the coaches know more than us so we should not talk about it then WHY are YOU here? You don't have any idea what I know or what anyone else on here knows.....you are doing the same thing you are bitching about us doing. I am on here to talk sports....good or bad......what I would do or what I think should be done.....it is ALL our opinions. (I know crazy)

99% of us played football and you talking to me like I am a child is douche like to the max.
Feel free to put me on ignore if you don't like what I say.

I can see it now...CANCEL all sports talk and all sports talk forums of any kind DHHorn says the coaches know more than they do so there is no need to have an opinion.

I'm not saying no one can have an opinion, I just get tired of all the overreaction from fans to every thing that goes wrong during a game (and I know that's not your problem). Sh!t happens and sometimes it's no ones fault. I was merely trying to point out that the coaches probably have a reason for doing what they do, and all this talk about how there is no justifiable reason why the coaches did this or that is BS in my opinion because we don't know the details or reasons behind them. To me, the sign of a good coach is a team that improves throughout the year. The guy has only coached three games here and the improvement and effort is noticeably better each week. I wasn't specifically referring to you, it's just the post I decided to respond to, and I didn't mean to offend you. Sorry for coming across douchey.

Reactions: swVAHorn
I'm good, done with my rants.

I can see the frustration I think we're close and everyone can see it which is good otherwise we'd probably start chanting enough is enough. I for one see progress but it has to continue or else this forum will start being real pessimistic.

I'm like you DHHorn I had a problem with all the shoulda coulda stuff but it's a forum that's what we're here for.

Reactions: DHHorn
I'm not saying no one can have an opinion, I just get tired of all the overreaction from fans to every thing that goes wrong during a game (and I know that's not your problem). Sh!t happens and sometimes it's no ones fault. I was merely trying to point out that the coaches probably have a reason for doing what they do, and all this talk about how there is no justifiable reason why the coaches did this or that is BS in my opinion because we don't know the details or reasons behind them. To me, the sign of a good coach is a team that improves throughout the year. The guy has only coached three games here and the improvement and effort is noticeably better each week. I wasn't specifically referring to you, it's just the post I decided to respond to, and I didn't mean to offend you. Sorry for coming across douchey.

Asking for Chris Warren to get more than 4 carries and/or a carry inside the 5 is hardly an overreaction. It's common damn sense

Asking for Chris Warren to get more than 4 carries and/or a carry inside the 5 is hardly an overreaction. It's common damn sense

I think when you watch the press conference you'll get your answer. You may not like it but it's an answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT