ADVERTISEMENT

Looking forward to the Sugar ...

Fu*k Georgia!

Hook'em
and
F Athens, GA
F the colors red and black
F uga that ugly ass bulldog of theirs

and let me tell you something about that uga. If you think the cow college is ridiculous about reville YouTube how uga gets treated. Believe it or not they're worse.

F the whole damn state.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I agree. I think Kirby is building something there in Georgia. They have all kinds of talent for sure. They just need to learn to finish. They are one of the few team that have the athletes to compete with Alabama. If both teams bring their A game Georgia should win by 10+. That is not a knock on Texas, but Texas is just a bit behind on where Georgia is. I think Deandre Baker can really put a stop to one side of the field for Georgia which would allow Georgia to double cover the other side of the field. This will for sure be the best receivers Georgia has seen this year and the height and length of those 2 Texas receivers will give anyone fits, but I do believe Bailey will be more than anything either one of those guys have seen as well.

The one thing is that Georgia Dbs have not faced a really good passing game outside of Bama . Bama receivers might be better than Texas receivers but they aren't as big or physical. Texas has a lot of talent out wide and if we can Keep the rush off of Sam Texas will make some big plays.

SEC has great athletes all over the place, but the don't have to face the complex passing games that the Big 12 has, and Texas has the athletes to go head to head with them.

I still thinking about this matchup , I'll post a prediction later.

and
F Athens, GA
F the colors red and black
F uga that ugly ass bulldog of theirs

and let me tell you something about that uga. If you think the cow college is ridiculous about reville YouTube how uga gets treated. Believe it or not they're worse.

F the whole damn state.

I got a 12 yr old meskin Chihuahua that would tear that Bulldogs ass up!

Hook'em

If Herman wants to try to get a leg up, instead of calling Beaty again, maybe he should consider calling Riley on how to handle the Georgia defense. Riley made the Georgia Defense his personal b$@ch for 55 minutes last year. Unfortunately, Georgia made our defense their personnel b@?ch for 60 minutes. Regardless, Texas needs to develop a quick screen game to keep an overly aggressive Georgia front 7 in check

If Herman wants to try to get a leg up, instead of calling Beaty again, maybe he should consider calling Riley on how to handle the Georgia defense. Riley made the Georgia Defense his personal b$@ch for 55 minutes last year. Unfortunately, Georgia made our defense their personnel b@?ch for 60 minutes. Regardless, Texas needs to develop a quick screen game to keep an overly aggressive Georgia front 7 in check

More like 29 minutes. The going was much slower for you guys last year in the second half.

Great game. One of the classics in Rose Bowl and playoff history!

Interesting factoids for the stat geeks--

The last two games played by bama and Georgia had a combined 291 plays. Georgia lead for all but 9 plays of those games.

There were 120 minutes played in those two games. Georgia has lead for 118 minutes and 56 seconds.

So it appears to me that Georgia might be the better team.

They were deeper than us and more talented. That took a toll in the 4th Quarter. That and some crucial missed calls by the incredibly biased officials in both games.

The one thing is that Georgia Dbs have not faced a really good passing game outside of Bama . Bama receivers might be better than Texas receivers but they aren't as big or physical. Texas has a lot of talent out wide and if we can Keep the rush off of Sam Texas will make some big plays.

SEC has great athletes all over the place, but the don't have to face the complex passing games that the Big 12 has, and Texas has the athletes to go head to head with them.

I still thinking about this matchup , I'll post a prediction later.

We were more than impressed with OU offense last year. It was something. We adjusted for the 2nd half though, and seemed to slow them down just enough.

As far as passing offenses, SoCar threw for over 500 on Clemson and Mizzou has Drew Lock at QB and a few good WRs. We did well against both of them.

But if we aren’t ready for Ehlinger, he will light us up, no doubt. Hope we come prepared.

We were more than impressed with OU offense last year. It was something. We adjusted for the 2nd half though, and seemed to slow them down just enough.

As far as passing offenses, SoCar threw for over 500 on Clemson and Mizzou has Drew Lock at QB and a few good WRs. We did well against both of them.

But if we aren’t ready for Ehlinger, he will light us up, no doubt. Hope we come prepared.

Neither USCe or Missouri are on the level of Texas. Neither has a guy like Collin Johnson or Lil Jordan Humphrey.

This game is going to come down to who wins the LOS and that is where Georgia has a decided advantage. Both teams have talent in the other positions, but your oline and line are a decided advantage.

If Georgia comes out flat, I expect Texas to win. If Georgia comes out prepared, they will win by more than 2 scores.

The Texas advantage is that Texas does really well against QBs that are not great runners, Now I know your QB can move, but he isn't anything like Kyler. The real question is can Texas keep the pass rush off of Sam Ehlinger, if the answer is yes, I like our chances. I just don't see Texas running the ball well against Georgia, but I don't see Georgia passing the ball effectively against Texas. I'm hoping Texas can create some turnovers and avoid the turnovers the other way.

Georgia is definitely the best defense Texas will face this season.

Really nothing points to a Texas win except maybe Georgia comes out not ready to play.

Reactions: ArchDawg
I do
More like 29 minutes. The going was much slower for you guys last year in the second half.

The fact is your defense proved to be over rated. A good defense does not give up 48 pts, 200 yards to our rb. You can sugar coat it however but Riley was right in saying that if Georgia played in the Big 12 then no way would your defense be ranked high. I thought your offense was as advertised and our defense sucked, as was advertised. Georgia won but let's keep it real.

I do

The fact is your defense proved to be over rated. A good defense does not give up 48 pts, 200 yards to our rb. You can sugar coat it however but Riley was right in saying that if Georgia played in the Big 12 then no way would your defense be ranked high. I thought your offense was as advertised and our defense sucked, as was advertised. Georgia won but let's keep it real.

It wasn’t overrated at all. We just played one of the best offenses of all time which also benefited from stealing our defensive signals in the first half.

Notice how the second half was night and day.

Like I said, your offense played well against us for not quite one half.

Good luck vs Alabama. You’re gonna need it ...

It wasn’t overrated at all. We just played one of the best offenses of all time which also benefited from stealing our defensive signals in the first half.

We will put up enough points to win against Alabama just like we did on your overrated SEC defense. If we lose it will be because our defense sucks just like it did last year, this year it’s worse. Your defense is nothing to write home about and was exposed as a paper tiger. Not sure why you boys can’t admit that. It’s a fact. Riley let off the gas to open the 3rd and Georgia took advantage. Riley has a way of letting his retatded inner Texas Tech demon take over in 3rd quarters and instead of delivering the death blow, he becomes Mr. conservative, as if our defense will preserve the win. If Riley runs tempo to start the 3rd last year, Georgia taps out. Riley let the foot off and Georgia never quit. We all hope Riley learns from the error of his ways.

Dang dude..... are you using a Mack or a Peterbilt to tow that company line?

We will put up enough points to win against Alabama just like we did on your overrated SEC defense. If we lose it will be because our defense sucks just like it did last year, this year it’s worse. Your defense is nothing to write home about and was exposed as a paper tiger. Not sure why you boys can’t admit that. It’s a fact. Riley let off the gas to open the 3rd and Georgia took advantage. Riley has a way of letting his retatded inner Texas Tech demon take over in 3rd quarters and instead of delivering the death blow, he becomes Mr. conservative, as if our defense will preserve the win. If Riley runs tempo to start the 3rd last year, Georgia taps out. Riley let the foot off and Georgia never quit. We all hope Riley learns from the error of his ways.

Okay, cool. Sic’em

Riley let the foot off and Georgia never quit. We all hope Riley learns from the error of his ways.
You're such a ridiculous hypocrite. I made this exact argument after the RRS this year and you criticized it. Lulz.

And why do you feel the need to chime in on every thread and make it about you, $ooner? This is about our bowl game. Go away. Isn't there a blowu website somewhere?

You're such a ridiculous hypocrite. I made this exact argument after the RRS this year and you criticized it. Lulz.

And why do you feel the need to chime in on every thread and make it about you, $ooner? This is about our bowl game. Go away. Isn't there a blowu website somewhere?
All I recall you telling me after the RRS is that Murray hit Sam in the chest with his finger several times and started an altercation, Both turned out to be false though. I'm rooting you on in your bowl game Scholz.

All I recall you telling me after the RRS is that Murray hit Sam in the chest with his finger several times and started an altercation, Both turned out to be false though. I'm rooting you on in your bowl game Scholz.
Yeah well you're a proven liar so...

I never said that. I said Kyler was a poor sport and wouldn't shake hands.

I also said that Herman let his foot off the gas and you said that was a dumb argument and you recall that very well. While making the same argument now hypocritically.

Yeah well you're a proven liar so...

I never said that. I said Kyler was a poor sport and wouldn't shake hands.

I also said that Herman let his foot off the gas and you said that was a dumb argument and you recall that very well. While making the same argument now hypocritically.
If it makes you feel better, Ruffin let his foot off the gas in the Big 12 CCG

Uh huh. We were down less than a TD when he dialed up that great CB blitz. Completely moronic take per usual.

Anyway, back to Sugar Bowl talk:

There have been football practices recently.

Texas vs. Georgia in the Sugar Bowl is 19 days away.

The Texas Longhorns held practice last week on Friday and Saturday, and are slated to have two practices this week. From what I can tell, everyone associated with the program is happy with the intensity level and tempo of practice.

A year ago, this was the time when the relationship between players and coaches strengthened. Everyone said the bowl preparation led to team unity, which contributed to a victory in the Texas Bowl. That unity was evident during the game, especially as players celebrated the win with Herman. It was a moment that turned into a movement, and it carried over to this season.

It is still early, but Sugar Bowl preparations by the Longhorns appear to be going well so far.

--- There are a lot of high-rep guys on the team. One person told me there are multiple players on this team who have received at least 1,000 game snaps this season. He attributed that to the number of close games Texas was involved in this season. As a result of that high number of reps, the sense of urgency to make sure starters receive a large number of practice reps to improve is nothing like this time last season. In other words, there is a better comfort level this year within the staff.

--- So far, players have practiced in shorts and shoulder pads. There has been a Thud tempo during practice.

--- Even though coaches are on the road recruiting, I am told Herman has attended every practice. This past Friday, the practice was run by Herman and his coordinators, while his assistants were on the road. That is the same plan for the first practice this week. I was told there will be a lot of thud scrimmages and ones versus twos during practice this week.

--- At the end of each practice, the third-teamers and low-rep players have participated in live scrimmages. Those guys are in full pads and allowed to tackle to the ground. This has allowed the staff to get a better look at those players during bowl practices, and help those athletes develop through more intense coaching.

--- The young players who have caught the attention of this staff so far have been freshman defensive lineman Moro Ojomo and freshman defensive lineman Keondre Coburn. I was told both guys have played well in those settings. Considering Texas will have to replace its defensive line with the impending loss of Breckyn Hager, Chris Nelson and Charles Omenihu, it should be an encouraging sign to Longhorn fans to hear Ojomo and Coburn are doing well.

Prior to this season, I was told there were high hopes Coburn would have an impact this season. Everyone in the building believes in Coburn's potential, and this is a positive step toward him meeting their expectations.

--- Speaking of young players, I heard a lot of positive things about freshmen quarterbacks Cameron Rising and Casey Thompson. I was told both quarterbacks have looked good at practice. The most impressive thing about Rising and Thompson is they have a grasp of the system, which has caught the attention of multiple people in practice.

--- This past Saturday was a big individual day during practice. The Longhorns had 40 minutes of individual drills, participated in 7-on-7, another thud scrimmage with the older guys, and then a live scrimmage with the young players. That is the plan for practice this week (Friday and Saturday).

--- The practice plan is to get into the Georgia game strategy next week. Right now, the emphasis is individual work.

If you were looking for some good news in the War Room, this section is definitely for you.

Texas quarterback Sam Ehlinger’s shoulder has looked good during practice. Ehlinger initially injured his AC joint in the first quarter of a victory over Baylor. He left that game and recovered in time to start in Texas’ next game Oklahoma State. Nevertheless, Ehlinger aggravated his AC joint during a victory against Iowa State.

That being said, I was told Ehlinger was impressive during practice, and it appears, “he needed the time off.” Ehlinger was never in danger of not playing against Georgia. The only question associated with Ehlinger was would he be at 100 percent during the bowl game?

The good news, for Longhorn fans, is it appears Ehlinger is trending in a positive direction.

I have been asked by multiple people this week about the possibility of Longhorn players missing the Sugar Bowl because of poor grades.

Right now, that does not appear to be an issue.

I was told there are a few borderline players, but nobody associated with the program is worried about the possibility of players of missing Georgia.

In addition, nobody is slated to miss the game due to a suspension.

Considering things may change at any time, I will keep an eye on both situations until the bowl game.

The target date for Texas offensive lineman Patrick Hudson to resume participating in football practice was during bowl practice this month.

Unfortunately, for Hudson, it is not going to happen.

Hudson had two heat-related incidents this year, and the last one resulted in a hospital stay for the offensive lineman. He still has not been medically cleared to participate in practice.

In fact, from what I was told, nobody is expecting Hudson to be medically cleared prior to the Sugar Bowl.

There is some optimism Hudson might be able to participate in spring football practice, but I get the feeling there might be more to this story than anybody is willing to say. To be fair, Hudson clearly has a significant problem, and nobody wants to talk about anything specific as it relates to the offensive lineman. Hudson definitely deserves to have medical privacy.

I think it is safe to assume Hudson may not play football again. If he does, it should be viewed as an unexpected surprise. If not, Hudson’s health is more important than anything else right now.

Cameron Rising...isn't that the kid who got chili in his neck when he realized he would be competing with Spencer Rattler? Just asking for a friend.

Good game, Horns. You guys looked really solid and physical. Should be even better next year!

Enjoyed meeting some of your fans in New Orleans.
Arch dawg I gotta admit it takes a big man to come on here after that dawggy style pounding you guys took. Hell that damn little mutt of yalls damn near got it dawggy style from Bevo before the game and he’s a steer. Y’all were favored big time much like Bama was against us. Texas played defense we didn’t. I apologize in advance for taking Fields off your hands, I hear Riley’s been whispering sweet nothings about transfers and Heismans in his ear.

Last edited:
Arch dawg I gotta admit it takes a big man to come on here after that dawggy style pounding you guys took. Hell that damn little mutt of yalls damn near got it dawggy style from Bevo before the game and he’s a steer. Y’all were favored big time much like Bama was against us. Texas played defense we didn’t. I apologize in advance for taking Fields off your hands, I hear Riley’s been whispering sweet nothings about transfers and Heismans in his ear.

Word is he's headed to Ohio St.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT